• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Not me but I have a relative who was in New York for 9/11 (was meant to having a meeting in the vicinity in the afternoon), in London for 7/7 (hotel was around the corner from a bus bomb), was stuck in Europe after that Icelandic volcano, and a few other major events. He himself has never been directly harmed or anything, but he's seen/heard some really bad things. It's somewhat of a running joke in the family now that when X is going ______ - don't go there while he's there.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Not me, but my dad was supposed to be on one of the planes(93) that crashed on 9/11. He overslept and got to the airport late and didnt make his flight.

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure this counts. When I was a child my parents would routinely put me on a plane alone to visit my grandparents in Michigan. I was scheduled to be on Northwest Airlines Flight 255, but my grandmother decided she didn't want me flying home so late at night and changed my flight a day before I was supposed to go.

My new flight was the morning following the crash. Imagine what it was like as a child to pass that wreck on the freeway as you drove to the airport for your flight.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I flipped and wrecked an ATV once in Barbados. Almost died, and still had to find my way back to my cruise ship, return the ATV and catch the ship before it left me.

Luck was on my side.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
When you're an obvious foreigner in Morocco, you get approached every 30 seconds by someone trying to either sell you a tour or get you in their store or restaurant. 99% of Moroccans are totally chill and nice and will take no for an answer if you're not interested. It can be a little annoying sometimes, but it's harmless and it's just kinda the deal.

But sometimes people are dicks. When we were in Tangier, we were walking back to our hotel in the medina (La Tangerina - highly highly recommended) one night after going to the Grand Socco. This dude walked up to us asking if we wanted a private tour of the local spots. It was like 11PM and he was visibly drunk (also very rare in Morocco). I gave him a "la shukran" and we kept waking. So he started following us, pressing that we should go on his tour. It was getting creepy and he began yelling at us after a couple more "no thanks."

Eventually, I had to get in his face a little to show that I wasn't going to go on this tour. He cursed at me a little, but eventually walked away.

That was probably the diciest situation we're in while there. Which just goes to show you how safe the country is. Totally fun place and I'd like to return some day.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I was in a taxi in Paris that went around the Arc de Triomphe roundabout.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
How is the Duchess, anyway?
giphy.gif

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I got off a subway in L.A. near the convention centre during E3 and was greeted by a dude waving a gun at everyone with his pants down and whipping his dick around. He was yelling up a set of stairs at some teenage girls saying he was going to rape them because they've never had a good dick like that.

Also less threatening but at the time seemed life threatening. I was in L.A. after E3 waiting for a seat at a sushi restaurant when a guy grabbed our friend and thrust a gun into his back. He said we better get ready to choose who was going to die today. Luckily my friend was standing slightly away so he snuck out of earshot and called the cops. Turns out he only had a shoe but it was terrifying.

Another time at E3 I went into a donut shop to use the ATM. There was a group of guys who were being pretty raucous and as soon as I got to the ATM they stopped talking and watched me. When I left they quickly got up. As soon as I got out I ran a bit because I heard them get up and come out of the building. Luckily my motel was close but they followed me all the way and they seemed rather annoyed after.

Also not me but another time in Orange County. A guy tried to kidnap my girlfriend across a couple days. He was driving around near the area where the motel was and anytime she went outside without me he would pull up and try to get her into his car. The final time he angrily got out of the car but she threatened to call the cops and ran back to the room which seemed to make him stop.

L.A. Is pretty cool man. I'm only ever in the damn place for a week at a time and shit like this happens constantly. I haven't even mentioned how many people were shot just outside of places I was staying or the other times I saw people with their pants down swinging their dicks in my way (in a less life threatening way) while I was trying to go somewhere. Or the needlessly intimidating cops.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Not sure this counts. When I was a child my parents would routinely put me on a plane alone to visit my grandparents in Michigan. I was scheduled to be on Northwest Airlines Flight 255, but my grandmother decided she didn't want me flying home so late at night and changed my flight a day before I was supposed to go.

My new flight was the morning following the crash. Imagine what it was like as a child to pass that wreck on the freeway as you drove to the airport for your flight.

Holy shit your grandma saved your life.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Most unsettled I've ever felt is a plane I was on crashed a couple weeks later. Same route, same frame, no survivor.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I was in the US travelling when I suffered my heart attack last year. Almost died. Not the most exciting story but technically counts.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
While not exactly what the OP is probably referring to, I was held at gun point while hitchhiking. And once more at knife point. I also had a hatchet pulled on me but in the end he was more afraid of me than the other way around.

All of my hitchhiking was done before the age of 17 too, so I consider myself extremely lucky to have made it through those years. I didn't think much about my safety at the time but now that I'm older I'm horrified at how invincible I considered myself.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing bad happened but was a bad choice I had to make. Taking a bus over Columbian/Ecuadorian border with my friend (we both female). The bus dropped us off there around 9pm with all our stuff, as it doesn't cross the border. Military guys couldn't help us/only one guy there and nowhere to wait inside. We had to walk across the border bridge which was pitch black - I was scared someone was going to jump us. We get to Ecuador side and we see a bunch of taxis! So we ask, but they aren't going that way. Only unmarked taxis were going into Ecuador. So we took one to another bus depot - thank God he took us to there and was fine but that ride was most scared I've ever been.

Edit: can't believe I forgot, but on same trip, we were staying with a friend in Quito. We came home with them around 1pm only to see sliding door open. Turns out house was robbed and took some stuff in a room a family member was sleeping in! Whew!

Last edited:

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Hotel room in Rome was broken into with what seemed to be a crowbar, but nothing was taken. Considering that there were valuables in plain view, and that everyone staying in the room was a young woman, we feared it was a sex trafficking thing. Hotel gave zero fucks and wouldn't even call the police.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My wife (then girlfriend) and me we made a trip to Amsterdam years ago. We visited the red light district and had a fun night out. We decided to have one last drink at a bar and then head back to our BnB. So we went into a cozy bar and somehow the atmosphere was strange. We were already a bit drunk so we decided it would suffice for the last drink and went ahead to order. What was strange was that there were some shady looking motherfuckers watching us from the other side of the bar. I thought nothing too much of it since my wife is pretty good looking and she was dressed pretty hot that night. Bud these dudes started to creep us out so we paid and left not even 10 minutes after entering. We immediately got a cab to our BnB and while we were on the ride home we already started feeling dizzy.

These fucks roofied us. We made it back in time safe and sound but the night was horrible. My wife had like a reaction and started puking all night while not really able to control her body and I passed out hard. I wasn't able to move at all despite hearing my wife puking her soul out.

That was super terrifying.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I got off a subway in L.A. near the convention centre during E3 and was greeted by a dude waving a gun at everyone with his pants down and whipping his dick around. He was yelling up a set of stairs at some teenage girls saying he was going to rape them because they've never had a good dick like that.

Also less threatening but at the time seemed life threatening. I was in L.A. after E3 waiting for a seat at a sushi restaurant when a guy grabbed our friend and thrust a gun into his back. He said we better get ready to choose who was going to die today. Luckily my friend was standing slightly away so he snuck out of earshot and called the cops. Turns out he only had a shoe but it was terrifying.

Another time at E3 I went into a donut shop to use the ATM. There was a group of guys who were being pretty raucous and as soon as I got to the ATM they stopped talking and watched me. When I left they quickly got up. As soon as I got out I ran a bit because I heard them get up and come out of the building. Luckily my motel was close but they followed me all the way and they seemed rather annoyed after.

Also not me but another time in Orange County. A guy tried to kidnap my girlfriend across a couple days. He was driving around near the area where the motel was and anytime she went outside without me he would pull up and try to get her into his car. The final time he angrily got out of the car but she threatened to call the cops and ran back to the room which seemed to make him stop.

L.A. Is pretty cool man. I'm only ever in the damn place for a week at a time and shit like this happens constantly. I haven't even mentioned how many people were shot just outside of places I was staying or the other times I saw people with their pants down swinging their dicks in my way (in a less life threatening way) while I was trying to go somewhere. Or the needlessly intimidating cops.

Geez. You must be happy they cancelled e3 😅

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I survived a pretty horrific car crash ten years ago, and I almost fell while climbing to the peak of Mount Kinabalu (no safety harnesses)

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

No offense but calling BS on this. No chance this many rare events happen to you every year at E3. Live in LA for 2 decades and nothing like this happened. You've been there 12 days total and could make a TV show out of it

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Oh god yes, I work as a photographer and once I had to go to another state with a model to take some promotional photos of a restaurant that they were going to open there, take into account that this is Mexico we are talking, so when we arrived at the town we called the restaurant owner, told him where we were and he said "oh, I am 2 minutes away, I am in the silver truck, just follow me" and a silver truck ran by us like exactly 2 minutes so we followed it for like 5 minutes until suddenly the truck stopped in the middle of the road and 2 fucking guys with 2 AK-47 came out running and pointed them at us, pulled us out of the car, it all was so fast, I think it was like half a second between when I dropped on the floor and the guy pulling me back up by force, asking who we were and who sent us, they punched me a couple of times and luckily they didn't touch her but you can guess how scared we were, we babbled our way out by pure luck explaining what we were there for and who we were seeing, and turns out the guy knew them, and like 15 minutes in they called him, he arrived with us in another fucking silver truck exactly like the one we were mistakenly following, he laughed and explained the misunderstanding (he was arriving at the place we were and thought the car that was behind him was us, just like we thought we were following the correct one) and we were free to go, I got to say that after that the girl I was with kept her composture (that I barely could) once we had to do the work (we agreed when we were alone in my car that we should do our best so to not piss more people off) and only when we returned home we broke down in tears for hours. At least the guy paid us extra for "the complication"

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Not me, but when we went to China with a group of friends (4 of us), I had to book a seperate flight so they got their earlier than me.

The 3 lads were looking for a party streety in Beijing but it was pretty dead that night. They ended up finding, or were found to be more precise, a bar full of girls and some dodgy looking Chinese men. They were already a bit drunk so they decided to go in. Inside, they were getting lap dances from all these girls, making out with them and basically heading in the direction sex. In the meantime, the men are bringing out drinks and food etc. without request.

Eventually a time came to pay and the guy who invited them in brought along a bill and it was roughly 3000USD!!! They hadn't had sex at this point btw.

My friends refused to pay and started to argue with the guy that he was scamming them. Two big thuggish looking guys came out from the back of the bar and blocked the entrance and told my friends they couldn't leave until they paid. My friends argued that their money was back at the Hotel so the guy asked which Hotel they were staying at, called up that hotel and spoke to the reception.

I don't know what the receptionist said but it seemed to have defused the situation. It was agreed that a cab would come to pick up my friends, take them to the hotel and bring them back with the money.

Once the cab arrived, my friends jumped in, were taken to the hotel and spoke with the receptionist. The receptionist told them it was all fine and dealt with but they should be more cautious with which venues they enter next time and never go in somewhere that has someone trying to force you through the door.

I dodged a bullet. If I was on the same flight, I had $1700 on me in my wallet that would have definitely been taken.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Not really but three of us lost our group and managed to get lost in the woods, up a mountain in a thunderstorm at sunset which could have turned out worse. We slipped and slid our way down. I sprained my wrist, one girl was drunk and found the whole thing funny while the other was referencing horror movies largely inspired by the weird slugs on the path. Luckily the light lasted until we were back on the right trail and near the bottom. We were told this was an easy hike.

Also saw the police looking for bodies in Budapest after a tourist boat had sunk.

Apparently I was close to a small but hugely venoumus spider but not sure the kid that told me was reliable, it was Australia though so was probably true.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Not me, but when we went to China with a group of friends (4 of us), I had to book a seperate flight so they got their earlier than me.

The 3 lads were looking for a party streety in Beijing but it was pretty dead that night. They ended up finding, or were found to be more precise, a bar full of girls and some dodgy looking Chinese men. They were already a bit drunk so they decided to go in. Inside, they were getting lap dances from all these girls, making out with them and basically heading in the direction sex. In the meantime, the men are bringing out drinks and food etc. without request.

Eventually a time came to pay and the guy who invited them in brought along a bill and it was roughly 3000USD!!! They hadn't had sex at this point btw.

My friends refused to pay and started to argue with the guy that he was scamming them. Two big thuggish looking guys came out from the back of the bar and blocked the entrance and told my friends they couldn't leave until they paid. My friends argued that their money was back at the Hotel so the guy asked which Hotel they were staying at, called up that hotel and spoke to the reception.

I don't know what the receptionist said but it seemed to have defused the situation. It was agreed that a cab would come to pick up my friends, take them to the hotel and bring them back with the money.

Once the cab arrived, my friends jumped in, were taken to the hotel and spoke with the receptionist. The receptionist told them it was all fine and dealt with but they should be more cautious with which venues they enter next time and never go in somewhere that has someone trying to force you through the door.

I dodged a bullet. If I was on the same flight, I had $1700 on me in my wallet that would have definitely been taken.

My wife and I were temporarily kidnapped by a fake taxi in Beijing. We knew it was a fake taxi about 30 seconds into the ride and he was trying to run a quick change scam claiming we gave him counterfeit bills.

He wouldn't take us to our hotel but I saw some young kids and banged on the window and they came and yelled at the taxi driver till he let us out

The dumbest thing is we were being held for like 20 USD.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
One time my family booked a vacation home in the smokey mountains. We took the family van, figuring it'd be just like every other vacation or vacation home we'd rented out, but this one turned out to be at the top of a mountainside. I've always had a fear of mountains because of dreams and stuff, holding on to ledges for dear life, so I've always been uneasy around the edges of hilltop roadsides. But this road was worse than that. It gradually transitioned to just loose gravel, became a one-way road, and started snaking up along the mountain's ridgeline. Drop offs on both sides.

Everything was fine for the most part aside from my anxiety being through the roof, but then we started climbing up a 30% incline. And then within the next minute, it started raining. Then our van sloooowly came to a stop as the tires started spinning out from under us, and we started sliding backwards.

Eventually my dad got the van to come to a standstill and everyone hopped out as soon as it did, to try and take some weight off of it, but if there was any point my worst dreams had been nearly realized, it would have had to be right then and there. After that we managed to push the van up that one stretch of road ourselves, as the cabin was only a couple more houses away as it turns out, but immediately after that it started to snow a heavy blizzard out of nowhere. Never wanted to leave a vacation home as much as I did right then and there lmao

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Traveled in India in 2015 and went to the Mysuru Dasara with some friends. Our Indian contacts warned us not to go but we figured they were mainly worried about crowds (which was a legit concern, at times the streets were packed like an elevator car) and we figured we'd manage.

Stupid tourists that we were, we used maps to navigate our way around and hadn't realised that some streets are more dangerous than others. We thought we caught a lucky break when we took a shortcut through a side street that - in hindsight - was suspiciously free of crowds.

Halfway through it we knew we made a huge mistake. Dozens of young men were sitting around on doorsteps just staring at us. Oh, did I mention both my friends were women? Then there was a another group of men standing around in a circle. A young man was lying in the middle of the circle cradling his body with his arms. Didn't see anyone kick him but the context was pretty damn clear.

Luckily, the side street was pretty short so we increased our pace and got out on a main street some ten seconds later. One of my friends didn't even have time to register how bad things could have gone.

We stuck with the crowds after that. Oh, and I probably got Dengue fever during the night (the Indian doctors didn't test me but we're reasonably sure) and I spent the night train ride back to where we were staying in Vellore thinking about what to do if I had to be admitted to the hospital. Funny thing: I was staring in Vellore to study how the hospital was dealing with multi-drug resistant bacterial infections. Not well, as the study turned out. I figured that if they did admit me I'd either die from a hospital acquired infection as a worst case scenario or carry something with me home in the best case, which could seriously derail my medical career if it was something like MRSA. Luckily, I recovered on my own after three or four days of alternating fevers. Not sure if I'm at risk of getting haemorrhagic Dengue in the future now.

Still a good trip overall. Would do it again but would probably like to see the northern parts of India next time. The foothills of the Himalayas in particular.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
As a kid I fell asleep on a beach in Denmark on a week long school trip and the resulting 3rd degree sunburn left me literally shivering for three days and three nights. I also lost most of the skin on my upper back and upper arms because it peeled off, not just the upper layers but entire chunks that left exposed pink flesh beneath. I thought I was a goner and no one got me to a hospital for some reason but I made it through.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My father and I went out with our neighbour on his small fishing boat on Lake St. Clair one evening. I think this was back when I was maybe 13 or 14?

Anyway it got dark quick and then all of a sudden out of the darkness this massive forty-footer comes straight at us and nearly pancakes our boat.

The only thing that saved us was our driver's quick reflexes and timing, causing him to swerve a split-second before we were crushed. The back end of our boat (where I was sitting facing aft) went right up and a massive wave came crashing down on me. I could have easily been flung from the boat but somehow managed to stay seated.

Oct 25, 2017
Was in Vegas with my mom up in a hotel room. She decided to go down to gamble one night while I stayed and slept in the room. Well I guess she didn't close the door all the way when she went downstairs because someone came into our hotel room that night and took all the cash out of my wallet which was on the nightstand next to me. I slept through it so it wasn't exactly scary at the time, but knowing this dude was going through my shit while I was snoozing is a scary thought.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Two stories:

"my redneck family was cutting down a tree next to their carport. For some reason, half of the extended family was there to watch my uncle cut this old tree down. Everyone was standing under the carport, which the tree was attached to. A few minutes before it fell, I had a premonition and got myself and some younger cousins out from under the carport and off to the other side of the yard. Just then, the tree fell, and pulled the carport off it's supports dropping it directly on top of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, mom, and cousins. Everyone scattered but multiple family member were severely wounded and we though my grandma was dying. Everyone gathered around to hear her final words...And she asked someone to check the cornbread in the oven. Lol so that became a running joke in the family for years. But nobody was killed only severe injuries."

second story.

"My dad took our family out fishing on his boat on a lake in Alabama. We've been to this lake hundreds of times and we're enjoying ourselves when we heard gunfire. We looked around and couldn't see anyone shooting. Then we heard another shot accompanied by a "sploosh" by the boat. We realized someone on the shore was shooting at us. My dad told us all to lie down in the boat and he pulled out his pistol and unloaded a clip towards the shore. The shots continued and my dad got the boat going and we gtfo of there. To this day I don't know who was shooting at us or why."

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Not too much, thankfully.

Worst that comes to mind that was only earlier this year was how a side job I do often requires me to drive to different work sites scattered around the area. Typically like an hour and a half drive or so each way.

Earlier this year the weather was warming up but had several freak snowstorms mixed in, of which three happened to land on exactly the days I had to drive to work. One location I was sent to is way up away from the city, and the blizzard got really bad while I was at work. Very slippery driving and very low visibility. This made the drive home involve a good hour or so of going through unploughed, unlit rural side roads. With hills, bends, ditches on sides of the road, and enough traffic that you still had to worry about the danger of a car coming around a bend and crashing into you.

I passed by something like five accidents and cars in ditches on my way home, skidded on multiple occasions, including once where it almost put me in the path of an oncoming car, and was just generally a slog of white knuckle driving. Could have easily crashed at any point.

Otherwise - not me but one I find interesting was when my wife and I were in Vancouver we rented a car to drive up the coast and get to the Olympic village. On the way we stopped at a small park, for which the main draw was a tall waterfall you could take pictures of from the bottom or hike/take an elevator up to the top.

We took our pictures just from the bottom and were leaving to continue our drive when we saw a bunch of emergency vehicles rush in. We later found out in the news that almost exactly when we were at the bottom of the falls a YouTuber, his girlfriend, and their friend had fallen to their deaths partway down the falls. They had been doing a video, wading around in the pool at the top when the girlfriend slipped on the smooth rock bottom, fell into the water rushing towards the edge and went off the cliff of the waterfall. The YouTuber and friend dived in to try and rescue her when she slipped, but ended up flying off the edge with her. They landed in a pool partway down the falls and all died from the impact. It must have happened mere minutes after we took our photos and started walking away.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Got chased around by a pack of wild dogs in Thailand. I remember they were asleep when I came across them. As soon as I saw them I stopped. Then one raised its head, looking towards me, I took a step back, it barked the others woke up and the whole pack came running. I dashed to my bicycle too scared to even look back once, got on it and bolted. I could hear them barking just behind me as I sprinted away.

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I was in Las Vegas during the mass shooting a few hotels down and was in the crowd of people running.

My plane got struck by lightning which took out one of the engines.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Capsized a kayak with my gf once, nothing too serious.

I would've lost my mind if any plane related thing happened to me

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I had a roommate who was chased by a serial killer in Italy one time. (One of the big cities)

It was night time and everyone was mostly inside. Police car eventually appeared around the corner during the chase and they arrested the serial killer.
May I ask you what serial killer was?

Personally, I had pertussis as a newborn.

MoG EclipsE

Feb 12, 2018
While kayaking in caves in Thailand, I saw a snake slithering along the walls of the cavern. I approached it to get a better look. I think I got so close, it felt it was cornered and had nowhere to go, so it lunged forward and tried landing in my kayak. It literally came within an inches, but ultimately missed. I freaked out and paddled away quickly. Once back at the hotel, I looked it up and turns out it was a very venomous sea krait. Enough venom in one bite to kill 12 grown people. Felt pretty damn lucky in that moment lol and never realized until then how close I could have been to dying. Btw they are white and blacked striped, if you look em up they're pretty cool looking, hence why I was curious and wanted to get a closer look lol.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
On April 7th, 2005 I set off on a journey across London travelling via Victoria to the centre that would have taken me along the exact route of one of the bombings - if I'd left half an hour earlier. As it was I arrived to find the underground station closed. Nobody knew what was happening for at least an hour - mobile networks were down, and the offical line from the transport police was that the route was closed due to an electrical fault.

I've also been to the Chernobyl exclusion zone, which wasn't dangerous at all.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
The place I have vacationed the most in my life is Disneyland, so no, not at all.

I've been to New Orleans twice, but I was smart enough to know where not to go and how not to engage people in New Orleans (and it's not that unsafe, just have to be cautious like anywhere else). Locals are super helpful in making sure you are safe, so just ask.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Not life threatening but creepy I was only 11 at the time on holiday in Florida we were at a small Irish karaoke bar for the night and this guy was talking to our crowd an hour before closing time he's abit odd with the questions he asked and acted but seemed ok but I would rather he went away he was tall skinny abit pale.

it came time to leave and the odd guy says yes me too he gets out before us and drives off a few mins later we leave so were walking up the main road strip it's late ,empty and quiet. Then he slowly drives by with his window down intensely staring at us I was like fuck that's creepy I watched his car go up the road and was like that was weird huh we continued on walking ahead and then he drives past again staring not saying anything nothing really cold

I started freaking out others were like just keep walking we were close to the hotel then he drives by again And does this huge creepy ass grin knowing were all a little freaked by his presence this time he speeds up a ,little bit aswell

we get back to the hotel and tell the security about this guy

but I remember staring at the big window in my room all night worrying about him breaking in just couldn't sleep at all

when he was driving up and down the road it reminds me now of that scene in halloween when Myers is stalking Laurie with her friends in the car

sorry for errors on mobile

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
When i was small, i think 7 or 8, i got separated from my grandma for a minute or 2 during carnival, in a small city. In that time, a rando appeared and said i was "a pretty girl" and asked if i didnt wanted to come with him. He also holded my hand a little. I got scared and runned a bit, then he dissapeared. I found my grandma and then never said anything.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So, when i was like... i'd say 7 or 8 maybe, not sure, i was playing on the beach, pretty far from my parents i guess and that guy, an adult, i can't remember the age, started befriending me. he was all cool and all, wanted to be my buddy. I was clever for my age at that time so we chatted about many things i guess. Then he offered to walk with me in the woods near by, i kid you not. Now the strange detail, is that he then proceeded to go to my dad, that was on the beach, to ask permission, and even let his wallet or something. That's so weird, and my dad didn't really had any trigger (i guess the situation was super relaxed) and was like ho sure, go at it.
And i left for a walk with a stranger in the woods, and he was talking all like, you know, "i'm your friend, i'm not like other adults" etc..
Now, to this day (it's been a long time) i can't recall anything wrong happening. I don't remember the walk super clearly, just the talk.
The thing is when we came back on the beach, my mom had come back and was basically screaming on the beach at the guy (i guess moms have better instincts you know) like he abducted me and was a perv. Worst thing is i kinda felt bad for him at that point lol, but i mean.. The situation was totally fucked up thinking about it many years later. He was a super weirdo.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mostly safe. Had to go pee once and almost walked into a minefield in Senegal once, but was stopped plenty early.