• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yes, I played it on PS4 and had a great time with it. It's not quite FF Tactics, but the gameplay is solid and the story is competent. Will check out the DLC when I have time.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's excellent, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes FFTactics and/or Tactics Ogre. You won't get a Matsuno-level story, but the gameplay is perfect and the soundtrack is great too.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Highly recommended. The closest thing I've played to FF Tactics.
The class/skill system is really fun, and the opportunity for grinding to get stronger is high lol.
I love the graphics and music as well.
For $10, if you like FF Tactics, this is a safe purchase!

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Here's my review:

steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: texhnolyze :: Review for Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Fell Seal is exactly what I always wanted from this genre. The game has everything what made FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre great, from the robust class system, map design with elevation and such, combat mechanics and elements, exploration and team building, to story pieces in-between missions. No...

Tl;dr : It's FFT at its core without all of the additional mechanics that you usually find in many other FFT-inspired games (cards, etc). The story is serviceable at best though.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
gameplay is solid if you can get past the art. I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it ended up ruining it for me. If it doesn't bother you, go for it

OP
OP
Terra Torment

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
gameplay is solid if you can get past the art. I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it ended up ruining it for me. If it doesn't bother you, go for it
I do wish that the minor characters in the party had a consistent default look for each class. Rather than having to manually set their clothing to be tied to their class and manually setting their mugshot.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton

I feel bad about not playing much of the game largely due to my dislike of the art. It's pretty solid otherwise. Just...I can't look at it.

Did the same with Slay the Spire, feel bad about that too.

Crumbtiny

Oct 27, 2017
It's so funny, I check to see if it's on sale from time to time. I looked at it tonight on Xbox and it's $30 (regular price). I wondered if it's on Switch and sure enough it is and it's also on sale for just over $10. So I went ahead and picked it up. I'm hankerin for a FFT-esque deep dive. Also picked up the DLC because I want to support the devs and I've had a few beers. Excited to get to play it!

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up for cheap as people rave about it, but yeah, not sure I'll ever get over the art style. It just looks so, awful. Why has this mobile style spread so much?

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Love FFT and TO but I can't get over how this game looks. Not on a technical level because I don't care about that, but the art style is off putting.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I got it in the Humble Bundle a couple of months ago and loved it. Played through to completion with about 110 hours on it. The story isn't going to win any awards, but the rest of it is great. Just be prepared for some grinding to unlock the more advanced classes like Duelist if you want them before the end-stretch of the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

I have to say, this was it for me too. It's annoying. The story was.. Well, it wasn't great but it could've been fun enough and like others said, the gameplay is great.

But fuck I just hate the art so much lmao.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's good and the DLC is pretty good too.

It adds a few classes, recruitable monsters, and Dispatch missions (which makes your various non-story characters a lot more useful) as well as some endgame stuff. It's a DLC that start from about 10 missions into the game so it's worth a look if you like it, it really helps round out some of the edges.