• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
?
It's actually pretty fucking good at it since they redesigned it more than a year ago.
In fact, I can't even think of any competing service that comes close the type of sorting/organization allowed by Steam's "collections".

It's better than the console UIs, to be sure, but it's still severely lacking in critical features for organization like the ability to rename and specify "sort-by" titles (unless the publisher does so). External library apps like Playnite address most of those deficiencies, while also accommodating multiple launchers (with automatic syncing), ROM collections and even console titles.

Somebody already mentioned a series like Final Fantasy. Just look at this hot mess:

WTYg48T.png

No proper casing (a Japanese translation thing, I know, but still unacceptable for a game released in English), sorted strictly by alpha-numeric with no accommodation for Roman numerals (but somehow FINAL FANTASY IX ends up being sorted vaguely correctly out-of-alphabetical-order). Not to mention poor old XIII part 3, which is pages away in the L's

TbI26nD.png

Compare that to Playnite, where not only can I do a high level grouping by "Series" but completely control my sorting and title naming, as well as integrate the entries from ROMs or on a console, but also track data points like Completion Status or it being a remaster with multiple other versions of the same title

mhsCm5T.png

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I categorize my games. Typically into "Backlog" and "lol never going to play this".

I kinda do this as well, except I have three categories. "Short term backlog" (i.e. I think I'll probably play this in at least the next year or two at the latest), "Long term backlog" (I really want to play this, but when, idk), and "lol never going to play this".

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I only deleted some sort of hentai game I don't know how or when I had this in my library until one of my friends said to me wtf I have hentai for, apparently hiding it wasn't enough so had to delete it :(

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I only see what's installed and I sort things with collection ( finished games / JRPG / etc ).

That being said I still have like 700 uncategorized games.

Chudah

Apr 23, 2019
I've deleted a bunch of trash games I'd gotten free keys for over the years, including Digital Homicide titles that I'm not even sure how I got. I need to go back and clear a bunch more out. It's not like I'm ever going to play 99% of them. And it may actually help my backlog anxiety a little bit.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
I delete games since I like a clean achievements profile and didn't want a bunch of bundle trash. I also only want the newest release/remaster, but devs love making those the same license a lot of the time (like BioShock).

I hide games that have multiple entries like the COD Multiplayer entries that I no longer play.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Nah I only show installed games. I hide games that have been replaced by newer games (e.g. yearly titles, Hitman 1/2 etc.)

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just set it to only display installed games. And then sort those into categories if you want more control.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Naw, I don't care. My library is unmanageable large. I only have like maybe 3-5% of it actually installed and ready to play too. I typically just use the search bar to seek out whatever I'm wanting to play. Works well enough for me!

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Honestly, I try and just not look at some of the terrible games in my Steam library but it is hard sometimes for sure. I used to buy some of those really bad cheap bundles, no idea why.

Oct 29, 2017
I can't think of a single possible reason why you'd ever want to delete games from your library, especially when a hide option exists.

My library is on Xbox so the scope is different, but yes-- There have definitely been times when I've redeemed a free game that I had no intention of ever playing or didn't even know what it was, and then years later found that I was actually interested in playing that game. Hell, just this week. I don't really like and almost never play stealth games, but this week there was some discussion about the Splinter Cell series that made me interested in checking it out, and it turned out that I already own one of the games from a long forgotten GWG. So sometimes it works out.

Even no-name junk sometimes turns out to be handy for achievement contests and the like.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Nah, I just use the folder system on the Steam client to organize all my games. So now I have "High" "Mid" and "Low" priority folders of games. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll probably never make it to the Low Priority folder in my lifetime.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
My library is on Xbox so the scope is different, but yes-- There have definitely been times when I've redeemed a free game that I had no intention of ever playing or didn't even know what it was, and then years later found that I was actually interested in playing that game. Hell, just this week. I don't really like and almost never play stealth games, but this week there was some discussion about the Splinter Cell series that made me interested in checking it out, and it turned out that I already own one of the games from a long forgotten GWG. So sometimes it works out.

Even no-name junk sometimes turns out to be handy for achievement contests and the like.
This is why I could never delete stuff. I've absolutely been in the same situation of discovering a game I owned thanks to being part of some bundle is actually really interesting years after the fact.