• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought you meant call a Sears close to me that was closing or had closed (probably would have to call corporate for that) and inquire about acquiring their industrial AC system.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I called them. They said they no longer honor their AC warranties. They offered that I sue them for the money if I wanted though!

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
This commercial is burned into my brain. Whenever it's hot I swear I hear their voices. Like above, few get the reference.

Aphexian

Oct 26, 2017
Quit standing there with the fridge open, you're just making it worse. Get in a tub of water or something if it's that damn hot.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I should've realized it was that commercial you were gonna post, just from that title.

God, that commercial is forever burned into my head.

You know what OTHER commercial is forever burned into my head:

ANIMAL CRACKERS, IN MY SOUP.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought you meant call a Sears close to me that was closing or had closed (probably would have to call corporate for that) and inquire about acquiring their industrial AC system.

If it's like the one I used to have to turn off every night that got fixed dozens of times in a single year, you definitely don't want it.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
BuKYoEe.png

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I'll call now.

Will never forget this commercial. Still joke about it from time to time.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
like borderline billoomers? I don't recognize it
I remember it vividly (22) but don't know... why. Or where from. I used to watch a ton of VHS tapes though, which were recorded from all sorts of time periods so.. that makes things more difficult to pinpoint lol.

E: okay definitely came from recordings, seeing those times it aired

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
plGuMNe.png

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

God, I remember this ad playing all the damn time lol. Behemoth-Sears era.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
This commercial was late 80s early 90s. You might have had to live in a southern state.
I was born in 90 in MA, definitely remember it so it must have been airing through at least 95-96ish

Also we bought an AC for our sideways-opening window and the instructions are complicated as shit, been meaning to get a handy friend or a Taskrabbit or something and keep saying I'll call tomorrow...maybe I'll call now.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Man, that commercial brings back memories

Me and my sister always loved referencing that "ANOTHER SCORCHER!" "COOL!" line at the end