• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Like literally did every mission and collectable in the game? If so you have my respect.

How long did it took you to complete everything? 41 hours in and I barely feel like I put a dent on the game. :/

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I still need to do the Atlantis DLC and its missions, as well as some collectables.
Otherwise i did pretty much everything.
Last year was just so full of games i wanted to play, i barely touched ACO after March.
Kinda hoping this year chills a bit so i can at least do the DLC before the next AC comes around.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
100% of achievements is doable and fun.

100% clearing the map is absurd and absolutely not worth your time.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I have. Then again, AC is one of my favourite series ever, heh. Took me like 170 hours or something like that, I'm not sure I've even played any other game for that long.

Jun 3, 2018
London
I have the Platinum, including all DLC. That was About 130 Hours, I think. But there are a lot of quests and Question marks left, and I think there are also these scavenger hunt collectibles, right? I do not have any of those.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I got the platinum and done every ? on the map, completed every side quest including all DLC 100%.

That's as close to 100% as it needs to be for me.

Probably missed some chests in the world.

140 hours.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
Did all achievements, don't own the DLC tho.
Plenty of ??? left on the map but I don't plan on doing those.
~120 hours I think

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I have all the achievements including all the DLC's and have around 150 hours. Revealing every single ? on the main map is a complete hassle and not at all worth it anyway.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
steamacofikll.jpg

I'd make a bit of an effort to do the daily/weekly orichalcum quests while waiting for a new expansion episode to release, especially if the level cap had been raised, so that represents a (smallish?) chunk of the playtime.

Edit: Also, I bought the treasure maps pretty much right away and collected all that stuff, too, including the hundreds of individual pieces of orichalcum scattered throughout the game world.

Last edited:

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not every collectable, but every location and quest is complete, yes. Took around 170 hours.

Loved every second of it.

EDIT: I take the second part back. Fuck Legacy of the First Blade.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I Platinum'd it. Not sure what else you want from me, that took 100 hours or so. Loved it, hope the next is about as long and enjoyable.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
100% of achievements is doable and fun.

100% clearing the map is absurd and absolutely not worth your time.
Oops, I did the opposite. In my original file from launch day, I did 100% of the playable content on the map including all DLC, but still only have 95% of the trophies. That file is close to 300 hours.

I started a second file as the other character, and I played it up to completion of the main story line, but after that I was way too burned out and threw in the towel. Very unlike me, I'm a replay fiend.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Got the Platinum Trophy, and that was enough for me.
These games are getting ridiculously big, to the point of being off-putting.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Nope but I'm at 125 hours as of today.
I've made peace with the fact that I will not 100% this.
I'm near the end of the campaign but still have:
-All DLC
-Most Lost Tales
-All of Messara, Pephka, Makedonia and - few of the smaller islands
-Most of the "mysterious" areas that have crazy bosses in them
-Several "ongoing" quests that are long chains that I'm in the middle of
-4 cult members left
-half of the Arena challenges

all left to do and I'm sure there is more.
I am level 62, so nowhere near the cap.
I havent touched masteries yet!

I feel like I've been playing Odyssey for 1000 hours lol. And I have a metric ton left to do.

My plan is to kill the boss guys spread around, do Lost Tales, beat the campaign and do the DLC, and then make sure I'm done all of Akibiades' quests because he is one of the BEST parts of the game :)

Overall, I admit I'm worn out with it. I have had an absolute blast. I'd give the first 70 hours a 9/10, and the time after that like a 6.5 - it's not bad now I've just got max saturation.

I will play Origins this year as well and I'm very excited for Ragnarok.

My wishes for the next game are:
-lower resource requirements for upgrading gear and your ship, particularly at endgame

-More activities in the base pool of "what you do" in these games. You've seen 1 fort, outpost, camp, cave,village and you've pretty much seen them all. Games on this size scale need more variation to keep you engaged for the 200+ hours they seem to want you to play.

-More intuitive menus all around

-faction system that isn't as...strange and bewildering as Odyssey. Athens Vs. Sparta is odd because you are constantly attacking both and I never felt like I had "picked a side"

Rambling now so I'll stop
Kudos...or deepest sympathy to anyone who legitimately 100% this game. I can't imagine how long that must take!!

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I did, about 160 hours. All quests, pickups, exploration locations, and DLCs.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
No, but Cassandra's been sitting on top of my backlog staring at me for what feels like 100 hours.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't even started AC Origin or Odyssey, but I don't think I've 100%'d an Assassin's Creed game since Brotherhood.
Granted I haven't played Unity or Syndicate yet either, but I've been trying to get back into the series (replayed 3 and played Rouge most recently) and there's just too damn many collectibles with no payoff.

AC3 I was planning on 100%ing everything and I thought everything was going well until I bought a map of all the damn feathers and there were DOZENS of them all over the map I hadn't seen yet and after that I just lost all interest. There was one side quest that got me a ring that deflected bullets which was cool, but that was only one of the side missions.
I also gave up on 100%ing individual missions because some of the requirements were tedious or nearly impossible. I replayed a mission a dozen times and kept failing and finally have up in doing it without being seen.

In Rouge I was doing a lot of the collectibles, but when I collected all the totems and unlocked some special outfit that didn't end up being all that special I lost interest in doing any of the other stuff.

I also hate that individual treasure chests count toward completion percentages in areas, at least in older AC games. They only ever have tiny amounts of money in them which is pointless for 99% of the game and there are hundreds of them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Like literally did every mission and collectable in the game? If so you have my respect.

How long did it took you to complete everything? 41 hours in and I barely feel like I put a dent on the game. :/
I don't think it's possible or reasonable to complete every single last little thing. But I got every last trophy and finished all the story content. I got the Platinum about a month or two after the initial release, then went back for the DLC as it came out. Then I hung on for the last of the free quests. By the time I deleted the game, I was at just about 190 hours in, and the game content took up 100GB on my PS4.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Got the Platinum Trophy, and that was enough for me.
These games are getting ridiculously big, to the point of being off-putting.

I've played every AC game and Odyssey is the first one where I reached a point where I said "you know what? I think I'm done" and never came back.

The game is overwhelmingly huge.

Respect to anyone who platinums this.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I've played every AC game and Odyssey is the first one where I reached a point where I said "you know what? I think I'm done" and never came back.

As someone who got the platinum and thoroughly enjoyed the game: it's about 80 hours too long.

I would have enjoyed the game just as much if it was 50-60 hours long. It doesn't need to be the ridiculously large undertaking that it is.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

I got the plat and all trophies (DLC included) in both Odyssey and Origins, and I can say for sure that Odyssey is just too damn big. By the time I was completely done, I was sick of it. I think Origins with the expansions was a much more reasonable size.

The platinum trophies in these games aren't particularly difficult to get, just time-consuming. Odyssey didn't even have an "explore all locations" trophy like Origins did, and it was still more work.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I've done 100% in every AC until now.

I still have to do the dlc from Origins before moving on to Odyssey. But now that I read this thread, I'm worried... Is it that impossible in Odyssey?

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Platinumed it.

When I started I took everything region by region and doing everything, clearing all question-marks and chasing chests.

Then after half the world I got burnt out. Didn't touch it for months.
Once I returned I decided to skip doing the above, and had waaaaaay more fun.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yes, it took me over 100 hours. I was just really enjoying it all. Quite a contrast for me from Origins which I dropped as soon as I finished the story and had little desire to do anything outside of the story.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
All question marks and all Ostraka's completed, for both main game and DLC. Must have taken around 150-170 glorious hours.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
We played around 120 hours didn't get too far off - but they kept adding new missions which counted towards the 100%
Also - fuck swimming down to get all the underwater achievements

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
We played around 120 hours didn't get too far off - but they kept adding new missions which counted towards the 100%
Also - fuck swimming down to get all the underwater achievements
That wasn't actually bad at all. I think there were only 21 or so shipwrecks for that trophy. I explored them as I found them, so I didn't have much cleanup to do when I was wrapping up for the Platinum.

If you thought that was bad, I assure you the Hermes's Homies trophy was far worse.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
100% trophy. It's a god damn slog, clocked around 160 hours. I actually enjoyed Atlantis quite a lot more than the base game. They should have just built a game on those set pieces.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did everything including DLC.250 hours.It was easy for me just for the setting alone

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who got the platinum and thoroughly enjoyed the game: it's about 80 hours too long.

I would have enjoyed the game just as much if it was 50-60 hours long. It doesn't need to be the ridiculously large undertaking that it is.
I got the plat and all trophies (DLC included) in both Odyssey and Origins, and I can say for sure that Odyssey is just too damn big. By the time I was completely done, I was sick of it. I think Origins with the expansions was a much more reasonable size.

The platinum trophies in these games aren't particularly difficult to get, just time-consuming. Odyssey didn't even have an "explore all locations" trophy like Origins did, and it was still more work.

Hats off to both of you.

Busywork-themed achievements should not be included in games this huge. It's just wasting everyone's time and I honestly doubt many find it even remotely fun. All it does is ruin the game for people, surely that can't be the point.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I did absolutely everything, base game only, I mainlined the DLCs. Took like 120h I believe?

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I've completed the map 100%.
if I wasn't unemployed and enjoying my new 4K set then maybe I wouldn't have done it.
120 hrs maybe. Could have learned an instrument in that time instead I guess.🤷🏻‍♂️

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Going the Atlantis DLC, once that is finished I have 100% the game.

141 hours clocked so far.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell. These are some absurd numbers here. Why does it take so long to Plat this game? Is it that bloated? Or is the time spent actually justified with more or less meaningful content.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017

iazN5nk.png

Looks like it took me around 320 hours to 100% the entire game. 3200KM traveled, 14.4k enemies killed. 100% of content done =). AMAZING game.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think I am at 97% Or at least I was before the DLC. I really love the game, but I must admit I burned out on it before I could complete all the DLC.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Put in like 20 hours in a week and got tired of it. Paused it to complete DBZ Kakarot and now I'm all in again and having a blast. Going for platinum, might need 2 or 3 more breaks in between considering I'm only at like 47% right now.