• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's something I've seen all my life, on TV or in person. Just got home and the wife was a little emotional about something and came running for a hug. A few moments later she was cool.

It just got me thinking how I've never been in a situation like that. Don't get me wrong, I get vex n ting and hug when I greet (women) but have never felt I needed one when I was emotional. Or thought that it could settle me.

Anyway, go hug your chick or ya mans.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Oh absolutely. Being held by a loved one, and holding them in return ideally, has calmed me down a bunch of times when I was kinda getting myself into a swamp of bad feelings.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to think so but I couldn't say, last time I was hugged was when I was a kid.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it can help in my experience, at least it calms you down if you're emotional.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It's actually what I miss the most when a relationship ends. That physical presence and touch is a big deal to me.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They make me feel better about myself.
Same.

Also, helping someone by hugging them makes me happy like fucking NOTHING else. I'm not really good with words when it comes to consoling people (mostly because I've not been through the twisted sort of shit others have gone through) so if I can hug someone and help them somehow that's wonderful.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm feeling really sad or anxious, I definitely ask the hubs for a hug or a cuddle for a little bit. It helps me feel better for sure. I think for me maybe it's a way to remember that someone cares about me and also gives me something to focus on so I'm not spiraling into my bad thoughts.

H2Yo

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's something I've seen all my life, on TV or in person. Just got home and the wife was a little emotional about something and came running for a hug. A few moments later she was cool.

It just got me thinking how I've never been in a situation like that. Don't get me wrong, I get vex n ting and hug when I greet (women) but have never felt I needed one when I was emotional. Or thought that it could settle me.

Anyway, go hug your chick or ya mans.
I've always wondered this about pats on the back or the palm swirl with a "there there". Never had it done but I think it would frustrate me.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
When the dark dragon power in my right arm becomes too strong and I lose control my big titty gf hugs me from behind and I revert back to normal

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
People try, but I'm too worked up usually to focus on them and myself. I've literally pushed my partner away saying "fuck off" while trying to comfort me as such. Just let me be emotional for a minute and I'll be right back.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hugs heal me. I absolutely love em. I like that among my friends, hugs are so ubiquitous.

In a relationship, something about hugs and cuddles make me feel absolutely complete in that moment.

I'd like to think so but I couldn't say, last time I was hugged was when I was a kid.
Yo what? Homey, you deserve hugs. Your friends dont hug you?

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, a light slap did. Makes me step back and rethink the situations.

Hugs are only something that work when I meet a loved one and I missed them. Not sure if this counts for "calming down". Otherwise I find them annoying.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
not in my experience. i normally prefer to just be left alone, but over the years ive also never particularly been overwhelmed with a need for physical contact in any context, either.

hugs are pretty swell, though.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Can't remember the last time I got a hug for that purpose. Mostly just hello and goodbye hugs. I think it would help, though.

GrimJawz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wouldn't know. the only real physical contact I receive is accidentally brushing the cashiers hand when they hand me my change. I honestly can't remember the last time I was hugged, probably as a small child or something maybe?.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the spectrum and don't like being touched so hugs can actually make me even more anxious if I'm already stressing out.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After a long shift I struggle with sleep sometimes, my girlfriend hugs me when that happens to calm me down.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. it is one of our most starved senses so any validation helps.