• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
That new Paper Mario game got announced today and it's coming out on my birthday this year! Honestly, it feels like a gift from Nintendo! Has a game you were excited for ever get announced/released on your birthday? I'd love to hear more stories like this!

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Can't think of any game that came out on the exact date, but Persona 5 came out a day after my birthday in the West. What a fun birthday week that was.

Mainframe

May 10, 2020
My birthday is August the 5th and I don't recall any game or even a game that I was excited for release on my birthday.

Timmy

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't think actually on it. Pokemon Colosseum and Wind Waker were launched closed to it so I got them for my Birthday. Those were memorable years.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Bioshock Infinite.

came right on my birthday and i was hyped AF and my god, what a bad game.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Mania launched on my birthday. I downloaded it first thing in the morning and played in bed.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is more of a time of year thing. Being born on February 26th, a lot of good games tend to come out the week after it in March, since March tends to be a hot date to release things (Example, Switch was released on the 3rd of March, last year we had DMCV in March, This year we had Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal),

Heaven help you if you are born in January. The worst month for everything.

I do have the fun part that Pokemon Day is the day after my birthday though, so there tends to be some cool pokemon announcement the day after my birthday. Like last year we got the Sword and Shield reveal.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
The closest was Smash Ultimate which released one week before my birthday (December 7th, my birthday is December 14th)

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
2 big games, both of which I was really excited for, were supposed to come out the week of my birthday this year, actually. One of them was on my birthday.

Both got delayed lol

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a CoD game released on my birthday one year. But it was definitely not a magical moment like yours with Paper Mario, OP.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Not excited but Resident Evil 2 remake released on my birthday so that's pretty cool.

Now, THIS ONE.

Celeste_box_art_final_2.png

Not only it released on my birthday but it also resonated with me on so many levels, that still think about Celeste to this day and the impact it had on me. One of my favorite games of all time.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No One Lives Forever came out on my 25th birthday but I didn't buy it day one because Shenmue came out one day earlier.

Wikzo

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Yes, Paper Mario is arriving on my birthday as well :)

(don't think it has happened before, since games rarely release in July).

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 was going to release the day before my birthday. Thought it was going to be an especially good birthday, oof, how that changed.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Overwatch was released on my birthday!

This year, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition comes out 5 days after my birthday.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
The first Titanfall, Lego Hobbit, and the last Wolf Among Us episode. It was a good day.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Last Year (December 3) the master chief collection came out. A weekend of partying and 2 days of to play reach on the PC was bliss

Outside of that no because more games dont really release in december, and Im usually doing other things aha

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My birthday is November 11th.

Games that share this release date that I own and enjoyed:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Games that share this release date that I own:
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Games that share this release date that I owned previously:
Golden Sun

Games that share this release date that I'd like to play someday:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Games that I missed sharing a birthday with by a goddamn day:
Super Mario Galaxy - November 12th.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Tony Hakws Pro Skater 3. What a game. Birthday being in the Christmas window means there is probably a lot more, but THPS stuck out.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
FROM during the last three years released 3 games in a row within a week and a half from my birthday. Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, and Sekiro.

mazpratim

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest III released on February 10th and I've been playing that for the first time recently but I wasn't born yet when it actually came out

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 0 came out on my birthday. Unfortunately it was a pretty mediocre RE game.

MGS3, RE5, DMC5, FFXIII, ME3 all came out within a few days of my birthday though. Plenty of other games I wasn't particularly excited for have come out around then too, which I've inevitably bought anyway because I love treating myself to a game that week.

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
God of War 2018 came out on my birthday but a delivery delay meant that I actually got it a few days later. I ended up loving and platinuming it but the hype and the delay, combined with some difficulty adjusting to the combat after just finishing a complete Dark Souls trilogy play through (200 hours of muscle memory!) somewhat soured the first few hours for me.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Super Mario Galaxy 2 back on May 23, 2010. One of my best birthdays ever!
The best game ever released on your brithday!

To my best knowledge there has never been game released on my birthday that I wanted to play. Closest thing is Paper Mario now, which is very close to my birthday.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Both Wind waker and Dark souls 3 are the most major releases i can recall both great presents

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Honestly can't remember. I treat my birthday as just another day and don't even tell people when it is.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
First thing that comes to mind is Mass Effect 2. It didn't manage the exact day, but having one of probably the top three most anticipated games ever for me - and still one of my all time favourites - come out within two days of my birthday made 2010 a pretty good year.