• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
giphy.webp

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great news. I'm so used to bullshit with wealthy people, I'm surprised justice was actually served.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
I was certain that he would get the minimum sentence. This is awesome. I hope you rot in jail, you piece of shit.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I'll die if you sentence me to five years in jail!"

"Okay, have 23 instead."

Heh... sometimes bad people DO get what they deserve.

Sometimes

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It's like, if someone was accused of war crimes (say torturing prisoners of war), is it ok to utilize the same torture on the person found guilty? Guilty people need to be held accountable for their crimes, but we don't have to be inhumane in our justice.

So, forget the fact that they themselves were inhumane in their own actions?

Yeah, I'm truly, non-sarcastically saying that I'm sorry, but fuck that. You don't get to be inhumane for the past 30+ years and then beg for mercy because "it's the right thing to do" or "forgiveness" or whatever else that emotional manipulators spew to get you to absolve them.

Absolving Harvey Weinstein is not our job, so he cannot expect it from us.

If someone was accused and found guilty of committing war crimes, then yes, I one thousand percent agree that they deserve the same torture that they received. But deserving is not the same as acting on.

I personally think that Weinstein is a rotten piece of shit that deserves worst than dying in prison, but hey, I'll take whatever is given.

Fuck Harvey Weinstien and every single gotdamn person that helped cover up the horrific acts he did. They deserve to rot right along with him.

Oct 25, 2017
So, forget the fact that they themselves were inhumane in their own actions?

Yeah, I'm truly, non-sarcastically saying that I'm sorry, but fuck that. You don't get to be inhumane for the past 30+ years and then beg for mercy because "it's the right thing to do" or "forgiveness" or whatever else that emotional manipulators spew to get you to absolve them.

Absolving Harvey Weinstein is not our job, so he cannot expect it from us.

If someone was accused and found guilty of committing war crimes, then yes, I one thousand percent agree that they deserve the same torture that they received. But deserving is not the same as acting on.

I personally think that Weinstein is a rotten piece of shit that deserves worst than dying in prison, but hey, I'll take whatever is given.

Fuck Harvey Weinstien and every single gotdamn person that helped cover up the horrific acts he did. They deserve to rot right along with him.

No one said anything about forgetting that they were inhumane in their actions. I'm not even arguing about that they shouldn't receive the death penalty. All I'm saying is that I'm glad most societies based on democracy do not govern with laws that represent some of the responses we see in this thread.

Again, very happy to see he got this sentence and hope it sends a message to those that think that they are above the law and can get away with the kind of shit he pulled over the years.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
No one said anything about forgetting that they were inhumane in their actions. I'm not even arguing about that they shouldn't receive the death penalty. All I'm saying is that I'm glad most societies based on democracy do not govern with laws that represent some of the responses we see in this thread.

Again, very happy to see he got this sentence and hope it sends a message to those that think that they are above the law and can get away with the kind of shit he pulled over the years.

I'm definitely not accusing you of anything, and I apologize if my post came off that way.

And part of me does agree that most societies shouldn't go off of first reactions, and I'm glad they don't as well.

However when I see atrocities like this, it's hard to stifle that first gut reaction, to want to see someone who gave so much suffering receive it as well. I try not to wish things on people; let the universe sort them out.

The universe has spoken on this one. And it'll speak again in California. And I for one, am not mad at the language that is being used.

I cannot have any type of sympathy for him. I simply cannot. Justice shouldn't be inhumane, but shit, justice gets it wrong sometimes, too.

So while the language here may be harsh, I don't believe it to be from a malevolent place. I am a bystander in this, not a justice dealer. My words can't affect him from here.

Again, I apologize if it seemed like I was accusing or attacking you.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw on NBC News that Harvey was taken to the hospital for chest pains.

Trying to find a link

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Saw this news this morning. So good. Rot in jail, you piece of shit.

I'd love to see more scum like him get justice served. We still got a long way to go, but this is nice.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Can't really add much that hasn't already been said--but eat shit Weinstein.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Does anyone know where he will be doing time? Do they send rich people to Riker's Island?

I watched some of the Hulu show (or was it Prime?), with so many women coming forward. He was a real piece of shit. Just evil. The fact that he got to live a long, wealthy life before finally getting his in the end leaves me feeling a little unsatisfied with the justice here. For real watch the show, he straight up tortured many of these women and even beat up reporters and shit while his bodyguards stood by.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is he able to choose his prison? Can he go to rich people prison?

Nope.

Does anyone know where he will be doing time? Do they send rich people to Riker's Island?

Considering he will now be marked as a sex offender, there are only a few prisons in the U.S. that specialize in housing those individuals. Wherever he goes, that prison, from top execs to bottom correctional officers, will need to have their shit together because the first slip up they make that gives Weinstein the opportunity to kill himself they are so, so fucked.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Justice has eventually been served, albeit much later than it should've been. I hope this can contribute, in some way, to the healing of the victims.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Rest in prison indeed but don´t forget the people who were involved in this 80+ victims rape case. The amount of stars who covered him in Hollywood for 2 to 3 decades and during the opening moves of this case in 2017 is insane. His casting couch was such an open secret that it was a joke during actor speeches and comedy events you can find on YT. I knew about it since the mid-00s due to how often that... joke came up and I never worked in professional films. The truth was obviously more insidious than "just" sex for work but even that was total shit. I won´t boycott Tarantino and co after this (unless actual crimes emerge) but the days of me buying shirts and so on for his films are long over. Let's hope that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood´s less than ideal messages weren´t an answer to MeToo. He was up for best picture, best director and best script at the Oscars for that one. Never forget. The film is solid of course if seen in a vacuum. Big IF there.

Weinstein lastly has 325 producer credits on Imdb so be prepared to see that name the next time you watch a film´s credits/titles from the early 90s to the mid-2010s. They filed for bankruptcy in 2018 and were bought out. The Lord of the Rings is one such production. His scissor hands even gave us Warriors of the Wind but this really isn´t the place for jokes. The entertainment industry better do some soul searching in the coming years. What a shit show. Him, Roger Ailes and all the others were inhuman monsters.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Good stuff. He deserves more jail time but his sentence of 23 years is the rest of his life.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What qualifies as a "prison resort"? I know it's always been joked about and referenced in tv shows, but what's the reality?

I have no idea. I always guessed that you could get transferred into a different prison or facility if you have to fear for your live or are physically not able to be there AND have endless amounts of money for lawyers. And relatively to the circumstances that could be a more relaxed environment compared to normal prisons.

But that's just what I assume, that can completely divert from reality.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I have no idea. I always guessed that you could get transferred into a different prison or facility if you have to fear for your live or are physically not able to be there AND have endless amounts of money for lawyers. And relatively to the circumstances that could be a more relaxed environment compared to normal prisons.

But that's just what I assume, that can completely divert from reality.

Yeah, I don't know either. I always think of the Cheers episode where Robin Colcord is playing tennis with other rich billionaires in prison. My guess is in reality it's still prison, you know? Just not as grimy as it could be.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

apnews.com

Weinstein moved to state prison day before 68th birthday

NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein was transferred to a state prison in New York on Wednesday as he begins to serve a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault in his landmark #MeToo case...
NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein was transferred to a state prison in New York on Wednesday as he begins to serve a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault in his landmark #MeToo case.
The disgraced film mogul, who will turn 68 on Thursday, is locked up at the maximum security Wende Correctional Facility near Buffalo, according to state prison officials. He is known behind bars as inmate No. 20B0584.
The prison, six hours by car from Manhattan, is likely just a temporary stop for Weinstein. While he's there, he'll be evaluated to determine which state prison facility meets his security, medical, mental health and other needs.
Weinstein's spokesman called the move "harsh."