• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Pepile acting like this is just a part of growing up need to have a good hard look at themselves. Did I say and do some dumb shit growing up? Sure. Did I saw all Jews should be fucking killed and throw around the N word like it was going out of fashion? Of course not and neither did any other remotely sane person.

Also this isn't some young kid, he was 16 which is basically a young adult. That's essentially when you're working your way towards uni/college so what the hell else should we judge him on?

Also whilst people do tend to mature as they grow up they rarely go from being ignorant, hurtful racist fucks to being decent people. The comments he was making were from a person way too far down the rabbit hole.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The kind of sad thing is this weird conservative view that, "hey, all kids these days use slurs on the Internet these days, right" excuse. I'm going to guess just like a a majority of kids didn't actually use slurs in their AIM messages when I was a teen in the 90's, the vast majority of kids today don't use slurs on Snapchat or whatever.

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw an interview with him on Fox News (I know, I know...), and the host certainly didn't let him off the hook, following up time and again on what compels someone to type the n-word 11 times in a row, calling him on the phrasing of 'practice makes perfect', and his anti-semitic comments. When Kyle brought up Harvard being founded by slaveholders in the 1600's, the host shot right back that his (Kyle's) comments were quite a bit more recent than that and aren't a fair comparison. If Kashuv was looking for a sympathetic hearing, he certainly didn't get it (rightly, I might add).

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw an interview with him on Fox News (I know, I know...), and the host certainly didn't let him off the hook, following up time and again on what compels someone to type the n-word 11 times in a row, calling him on the phrasing of 'practice makes perfect', and his anti-semitic comments. When Kyle brought up Harvard being founded by slaveholders in the 1600's, the host shot right back that his (Kyle's) comments were quite a bit more recent than that and aren't a fair comparison. If Kashuv was looking for a sympathetic hearing, he certainly didn't get it (rightly, I might add).

Lmao if he's really making those arguments then he hasn't learned or changed at all

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The kind of sad thing is this weird conservative view that, "hey, all kids these days use slurs on the Internet these days, right" excuse. I'm going to guess just like a a majority of kids didn't actually use slurs in their AIM messages when I was a teen in the 90's, the vast majority of kids today don't use slurs on Snapchat or whatever.

It's almost like all conservatives are racist... It's almost like the same people who are defending this dick for saying "kill all the jews" are the same people who thought Omar should lose her position in congress for saying "It's all about the benjamins".

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This start of the thread is pretty funny seeing people going soft on the kid because they thought he was an activist for gun control, then when they realized he's pro-gun and met with Trump instantly throw him under to the wolves.
If the fact that the survivor of a mass shooting becomes a pro-gun activist isn't a sign that gun rights aren't going away anytime soon, I don't know what is.

JCreasy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't walk around using the C-word just to be provocative. And no one had to sit me down and explain why I shouldn't. Most importantly, I DON'T WANT TO. I have no appetite for it, completely independent of that fact that other people would find it offensive.

Human decency is a thing. There's only one type of person questioning that right now and we should treat them all like the disingenuous hacks that they are.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
I'd be willing to forgive him if he actually admitted he was being a shithead at the time, he sort of does it but not really. I say this as someone who's probably said much worse online when I was 16, too.

Blaming your age isn't a valid excuse, just acknowledge you were an ass.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
If he was really sorry he'd just own up to it and accept the consequences (which are pretty damn minor in the big picture).

Seems like he doesn't really get it. And trying to use the shooting as an excuse...I mean it doesn't feel like my place to say anything to the kid about that but honestly it feels pretty damn gross.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be willing to forgive him if he actually admitted he was being a shithead at the time, he sort of does it but not really. I say this as someone who's probably said much worse online when I was 16, too.

Blaming your age isn't a valid excuse, just acknowledge you were an ass.
Exactly. It's the problem with these defenses. They're always like "I was young! We all do/say shitty things when we're young" and yes, to an extent, but not like that. That's you being young AND a shithead and without admitting to both you haven't learned a thing

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people are being overly hard on the kid.

It's not like he wore a hoodie while walking in his own neighborhood or something. He could've played with a toy gun, even. Or stole a 99¢ Barbie!

It could've been worse. Cut him some slack.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
On the one hand, hah.

On the other hand, spare me the hand wringing he's going to be making money hand over fist through using this as the catalyst for his grift to turn into whatever weird talking head the Koch brothers pay him to be.

He'll be raking in 6 figures from jump.
Yep. It's almost a net positive for him tbh

Algy

Sep 20, 2018

Dude really needs to go back to high school if he thinks that is a good comparison. He isn't even ready for a community college.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
It's almost like people are capable of making stupid mistakes in their life.
Is this really the way we want the world to be run? Is anyone actually proud of everything they've ever said as a teenager?

His life isn't over. And sometime, hell even often, you pay consequences for the fucked up shit you do. Yes, this is how we want the world to be run.

I have no idea why some of you get this way when some racist asshole gets a little of what they dish out back.. Every fucking time. Like it actually offends you guys that being gross like this might ACTUALLY come with some sort of negative blowback. Its unreal. And the variables are always the same. Every single time...

Kid didn't lose a limb, he isn't being sentenced to a lengthy prison sentence, and no one is giving him the punch in the mouth he probably deserves. Hes just not getting into HARVARD.... Jesus Fucking Christ lets pretend that hes being crucified though.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
So Harvard was perfectly willing to accept a member of Turning Point USA, an outspoken voice against gun control, and the only reason they rejected him was that his bigoted bullhorning got a bit too loud. The institution is rotten.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I refuse to believe that everyone in this thread has an immaculate past that's utterly free of a really awful incident like Kyle's.

I certainly don't. But I paid a price for mine though. Minus all the bleeding hearts on the internet saying I should be shielded from the consequences of my actions. Still breathing over a decade and a half later. This kid will be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
"Teens make mistakes" in my world - swiping something from the gas station or mall
"Teens make mistakes" for rich privileged white kids - calling for genocide

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, bastard doesn't deserve that spot. To him it was fun teen dayzzz but to the black people that read that shit it was just one of many existential threats they received from some fuck head shit racist to make them feel less than human. That is the only context, perspective and feelings that matter.

Save that for spot for some non fuck shit racist teen.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's all this "everyone makes mistakes and he's grown since then" going on in here? Not only has he not grown since then, that's not a standard teenager mistake, and it was like a year ago so it's still fairly recent.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, but...like, when's he going to learn? lol. When's the age when white people are old enough to learn not to be racist by being punished for being racist?

I mean really though.

Remember that old thread with people hopping mad because that lady that made those racists remarks about Aids and Africans lost her job? That was a fully grown ass woman.

The script is always the same. Theres always some excuse why someone shouldn't be punished for being a racist asshole. Its not this kids age, we watch these same posters go to bat for every single one of these douchebags that pop up in the news. From the cradle to the grave it seems, some want them to be given a pass.

Oct 25, 2017
the "ACTIONS deserve CONSEQUENCES" crowd of the alleged party of personal responsibility sure do backpedal quickly when it comes to consequences of (allegedly jokingly) calling for genocide

commit petty theft as a teenager? you deserve to be in the school-to-prison pipeline
(allegedly jokingly) call for genocide? how could you have possibly known better, you deserve another chance

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
His life isn't over. And sometime, hell even often, you pay consequences for the fucked up shit you do. Yes, this is how we want the world to be run.

I have no idea why some of you get this way when some racist asshole gets a little of what they dish out back.. Every fucking time. Like it actually offends you guys that being gross like this might ACTUALLY come with some sort of negative blowback. Its unreal. And the variables are always the same. Every single time...

Kid didn't lose a limb, he isn't being sentenced to a lengthy prison sentence, and no one is giving him the punch in the mouth he probably deserves. Hes just not getting into HARVARD.... Jesus Fucking Christ lets pretend that hes being crucified though.

Seriously, well said.

"I dont know what I'm gonna do!"

Dude take a year off and work at mcdonalds and look for something better, same as every other graduate who got fucked over for college. It's just an unreal degree of entitlement.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If I was a horrifically racist asshole in high school that got denied opportunities that I was in no way entitled to, would y'all defend me? "Poor little Johnny boy, he was only mildly racist, he didn't mean it, he was just a dumb kid".

Not getting into college would have been the last thing I'd be worried about. I would have a received a savage ass beating, not just from from classmates, but my dad too.

Oct 25, 2017
it's okay for elite colleges to expect their applicants to not only have top tier academic performance, but also to expect prestigious extracurricular talent in the arts and a massive amount of community service hours that poor and working students wouldn't have access to

but expecting them to know better than to joke about mass genocide in a written format? that's a bridge too far

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
lmao at his life being over.

He has a ready made future as a right wing grifter. He's already started by working with Charlie fucking Kirk and Turning Point USA.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Kyle brought up Harvard being founded by slaveholders in the 1600's, the host shot right back that his (Kyle's) comments were quite a bit more recent than that and aren't a fair comparison. If Kashuv was looking for a sympathetic hearing, he certainly didn't get it (rightly, I might add).
I can't believe this guy thinks that "Slave owners went to Harvard 200 years ago" is somehow a great rhetorical "Gotcha!" Moment. Oh yeah those hypocrites let Cyrus Montgomery Wilkins attend in 1865, so why can't they let in a modern day racist like me?

I wouldn't even expect Fox News to go soft on him, given his anti-Semitic remarks.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Brett Kavanugh didn't become a supreme court justice after credible accusations of rape came out and his life was over?

This little shit will land on his feet in the republican party.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Exactly. It's the problem with these defenses. They're always like "I was young! We all do/say shitty things when we're young" and yes, to an extent, but not like that. That's you being young AND a shithead and without admitting to both you haven't learned a thing
I think only white people get away with the "I was young" excuses too

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what young man hasn't gone on hateful slur filled rants, yet attended Harvard regardless? it's just a part of growing up. to deny him that, is to deny him his adolescence.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think people are being overly hard on the kid.

It's not like he wore a hoodie while walking in his own neighborhood or something. He could've played with a toy gun, even. Or stole a 99¢ Barbie!

It could've been worse. Cut him some slack.
Rice had 2 seconds to process that he was going to get blasted away for playing with a toy gun in a park.

This fucker has had 2 years to reflect on his racism and he's chosen the worst path at every opportunity. And some people here and elsewhere pleading he should get more chances or his 2 years of reflection isn't enough.

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Just comes down to wether theres better applicants that can fill his seat.

And there are.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
...I was made aware of egregious and callous comments classmates and I made privately years ago...

His comments were made 17 months ago.

They aren't even 2 years old yet.

He's a liar, like the president he adores.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't know, man. I said and did really stupid shit between the ages of like 10 and 25. You're young and stupid, you think the whole world doesn't get you, you're misunderstood and mad. I said hurtful probably racist things because I wanted attention, to be edgy, to see what it felt like.

Part of growing up was learning better, looking back and working to be better, understanding the mistake. Sixteen is still a child, an idiot with a voice and a cellphone. I refuse to believe that everyone in this thread has an immaculate past that's utterly free of a really awful incident like Kyle's.
I'm 22 and that is no excuse to be saying absolutely vile nonsense. The age range you've given is unacceptable. People in their early 20's know exactly what they're saying and doing.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Well I will agree that being rejected by Harvard for extreme racist comment is part of growing up. I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near my university if I were in the selection committee.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think only white people get away with the "I was young" excuses too

Oh for sure. This shit is super sore on my nerves because "When they see us" is such a hot topic right now. We are always adults. We never get the benefit of the doubt. Tons of people will jump to the defense of cops when we're murdered and tsk tsk the black people saying fuck all cops.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Oh for sure. This shit is super sore on my nerves because "When they see us" is such a hot topic right now. We are always adults. We never get the benefit of the doubt. Tons of people will jump to the defense of cops when we're murdered and tsk tsk the black people saying fuck all cops.
14 and Black kids "look like adults" "were no angels" "were on something". A White adult terrorist that kills 20 people and the news will do a piece showing them as a blonde hair baby smiling with his parents and asking "how it all went wrong for this person with a mental illness".

Last edited:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I was emotionally tormented by racist shitbags when I was in high school. I have no sympathy for people like that. They're old enough to understand what they're doing is terrible.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love these threads with people outing themselves as shitheads and basically trying to excuse their own behavior through proxy of the OP. You will inevitably find them in other threads defending comics using bigotry as "jokes" and calling people too sensitive and something something free speech.

Listening to these people and how they know for sure EVERYONE was shitheads in school I find it amazing me and my circle of friends made it through school not getting into trouble and not having a stream of bigoted, racist shit coming out of our mouths. Somehow, by some divine miracle, we knew those words were awful and hurtful and we actually didn't want to hurt people. And the funny thing is it didn't take Herculean strength or year's of training. In fact it was pretty fucking easy. Go figure.