• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, OP, for making this thread. You're... brave.

As we've already seen so far, people who cannot entertain the idea that the Bernie Bro narrative might be erroneous can find any number of reasons to question this research, from legitimate ones (e.g. "we need more detail about his algorithm and what constitutes a positive/negative tweet") to dumb ones ("he's a Bernie Bro himself lol and therefore biased and he can't possibly have done good work LOL", "yeah the percentages are the same but the raw volume isn't!"). They could try to come up with a way to analyze the veracity of it and counter this guy's model, but they don't. They'll point to a few tweets without acknowledging that there are literally millions of tweets and users involved in discussing the election. And they'll think that proving this research as wonky automatically proves the narrative true... When in reality, it just gets us back to square one.

But the biggest problem you, me, or anyone who wants to put an end to that stupid narrative will encounter is that what constitutes a "Bernie Bro" and the movement is unclear. It doesn't have a real definition, or a scope. We don't know where the Bernie Bro-ness starts, or where it stops. We don't know what kind, or what degree of criticism can be considered Bernie-Bro-esque, and what kind is fair. It's all wishy-washy. It's just feelings. Here's a few questions you could ask that make it impossible to derive a consensus definition:
- is a Bernie Bro literally a guy? Or is it a state of mind?
- is it someone who's a random supporter? A high-profile user? Or an official?
- does a random user's tweet weigh as much as a tweet from someone high-profile/an official? If so, what's the ratio?
- Is it limited to Twitter, or does it include other platforms? If so, which ones? And which one(s) are more important than the others? Most people seem to think Twitter was the main culprit, but idk since people are so vague about this stuff.
- does the target of the tweet count? i.e. does it matter more if it's the candidate themselves, a random supporter, a high-profile supporter, or an official?
- should we account for raw volume, or volume relative to the number of supporters for each candidate?
- if raw volume is the metric, how can you even attempt to fight the narrative? How it it fair? Up until SC, Bernie was the frontrunner, and skews younger. Of course his supporters are gonna be more active online. As would Buttigieg's if he were the frontrunner.
- is legitimate criticism considered a toxic Bernie Bro tweet? What if it's taken well? What if it's taken badly?
- is sarcasm considered a toxic tweet? What if it's in response to another sarcasm?
- by assigning these Bernie supporters a name, does that mean they have a unique quality that other supporters don't have? If so, what is it? And why do they have it? Do other candidates' supporters also have unique qualities about them? If so, what are they? And why don't they have a name? Well, I guess Kamala supporters have one (KHive).
- can anything even be done against it? How do you police hundreds of thousands of people on one platform without it turning into a clusterfuck?
- and so on and so forth.

A smartass, at this point, would probably want to respond: "Aha! Don't you see? By listing these examples, you're showing that the guy's methodology cannot be perfect! You played yourself! Checkmate, Bernie Bro!"... But that's the point. It cannot be perfect because the terms were never defined by anyone in the first place, and no concrete solutions, to the extent that there can be any, have been suggested. Well, aside from saying "Bernie should condemn!" Which he already did. It's just this vague feeling that Bernie supporters are more toxic [definition needed, again]. That there's something unique about them. That they're just nasty because... that's just who they are. When the plain reality is that they're people, like anybody else. And this dude, bless his soul, is trying his best to come up with a somewhat decent model to gather actual data rather than cherrypick stuff from the tiniest of sample sizes.

Like, y'all realize the guy didn't even have to do that, right? If someone is gonna make the claim that Bernie Bros are definitely a thing, the onus is on them to prove it. And proving it requires a little more work than a few screenshots here and there.

I really want to see what they consider negative. Cause there is a lot of "Low information voters" and "He marched with MLK" aimed at black twitter. Someone without the right context would just ignore that

For a typical example i seen

Black person:"I wish Bernie would talk more about race and not roll it into class"
Twitter person:" You know he marched with MLK"

While I would be interested in knowing more about the algorithm - I'm sure it's fascinating - I don't think it would matter all that much. The thing is, I don't see why Bernie's campaign and supporters would uniquely use hard-to-detect negative tweets. They're not masterminds who can avoid algorithms by using clever, never-before-seen dogwhistles and 12-layered irony; conversely, Biden's, or anyone's supporters, don't post only super straightforward digs at other users and other candidates.

What I'm saying is that the faults of the algorithm affect everyone.

Last edited:

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I would be interested in knowing more about the algorithm - I'm sure it's fascinating - I don't think it would matter all that much. The thing is, I don't see why Bernie's campaign and supporters would uniquely use hard-to-detect negative tweets. They're not masterminds who can avoid algorithms by using clever, never-before-seen dogwhistles and 12-layered irony; conversely, Biden's, or anyone's supporters, don't post only super straightforward digs at other users and other candidates.

we all know that's been an incorrect stance time and time and time again.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

The fact you waved that exchange as hard to detect and doesn't maatter that much is kinda saying it all. To a black person throwing MLK in their face is a way to say "shut the fuck up". Like that lady did to Nina Turner. If you not taking into account the context of the exchange then it is a shit study.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's an interesting observation but it seems like it's too limited to draw any substantial conclusions, though it's fair to say that when given a tool like twitter a certain chunk of people will be shitty regardless of their political leaning

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an interesting observation but it seems like it's too limited to draw any substantial conclusions, though it's fair to say that when given a tool like twitter a certain chunk of people will be shitty regardless of their political leaning
So why do we draw conclusions in the opposite direction?

Dec 31, 2017
The amount of emphasis people put on Twitter politics is nauseating. But not surprising. If you spend your time online, you will obsess over online bullshit. Painting Bernie supporters as toxic people in general is simply a sloppy stereotype and nothing more, dredged up by people who give too much credence to online political spats. There is toxicity on the internet, but what else is new? There are 10s of Million a of Bernie supporters that are just normal people. Being lumped in with "Bernie Bros" online is extremely fucked up.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of emphasis people put on Twitter politics is nauseating. But not surprising. If you spend your time online, you will obsess over online bullshit. Painting Bernie supporters as toxic people in general is simply a sloppy stereotype and nothing more, dredged up by people who give too much credence to online political spats. There is toxicity on the internet, but what else is new? There are 10s of Million a of Bernie supporters that are just normal people. Being lumped in with "Bernie Bros" online is extremely fucked up.

Not sure who's doing that. This thread isn't (or at least doesn't accomplish being) a response to anyone claiming all Bernie supporters are terrible people online, or that even most are. This is attempting to address the claim that more Bernie supporters are toxic online than are other candidate's supporters. It doesn't really do that, but it's the intent.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact you waved that exchange as hard to detect and doesn't maatter that much is kinda saying it all. To a black person throwing MLK in their face is a way to say "shut the fuck up". Like that lady did to Nina Turner. If you not taking into account the context of the exchange then it is a shit study.

You know what? You're right. I apologize. Singling out this particular example and handwaving it wasn't my intention, but it was stupid regardless; it's obvious to a Black person, and I should acknowledge it as such. And the conclusion we can draw is that, if the guy is white, his algorithm risks being biased in terms of what it detects based on race. And because he's a guy, he's less likely to think of all the possible sexist types of language in his algorithm.

Now that I've acknowledged that: by itself, this doesn't necessarily negate the overall point. His biases affect the algorithm in general. Other candidates' supporters will use other types of comments, whether racial-based, gender-based or whatnot, and I doubt the guy is able to think of every single type of toxic rhetoric some supporters engage in. There is no reason to think that, say, a Buttigieg supporter is less prone to a sexist type of comment than a Bernie supporter. Or a racist one against Black people, or Asians. We can hypothesize of course, but if we're going down that road without actually collecting data, then the safer assumption would be that, based on the demographics of Sanders's voters (i.e. more racially/gender-diverse than most other candidates, and even moreso among younger voters), they might engage less in those type of toxic tweets. I cannot possibly verify it, so I could be wrong, but we can't verify the opposite hypothesis either. Hopefully the guy will release more info and more stats, though I assume there's a hard limit to what he can collect.

To get back to first part of my previous message: defining what the Bernie Bro 'identity' exactly is, what the corresponding movement is, whether it's unique to Bernie's supporters, whether it's more pronounced with his supporters than with other candidates', and how to measure all that is pretty much impossible beyond perception and feelings. Nevermind the fact that the onus is on those who push the narrative to prove it, this guy's work is the closest thing we got so far, and that work will never be perfect enough that people won't just dismiss it as biased or irrelevant. But it's the only thing we got, and we certainly haven't seen anything of equal scope, breadth or depth from any other source. I don't know that we have anything else, really. And there's a reason why: because the very thing it seeks to measure cannot even be agreed upon. It's a battle of who can take the most spicy screenshots. It's all pointless, and it doesn't matter to the outside world anyway. And it's completely irrelevant to the candidate or their policy. It doesn't speak to how good of a candidate they are, or how desirable their policies are, or anything actually important in an election. It doesn't help anyone. At all.

I keep repeating this question in the back of my mind, to the people who fully buy into the Bernie Bro narrative without questioning it. If we assume it's a real thing, then... why do you think it is real? I'd really like to drill this down: why are Bernie supporters more prone to negativity? Why do you believe it? And you cannot answer with a collage of negative tweets or just go "snake emoji!". That's way too easy. That proves nothing. Don't show me examples, just tell me why you believe it. And why other supporters supposedly don't do it as much. Is there something about Bernie that makes them aggressive? Is it something else? Seriously, what is it? Because you can't just bandy that kind of narrative about without going into that. If you're gonna assume that Bernie supporters just aren't normal like everyone else, you have to explain why you think that is.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Bernie Bro narrative got reasonably debunked when the media still wants to go on about it but not a peep about the actual Nazi who came with a flag to target a Jew running for the White House.

Someone telling a pundit to "eat shit" and getting four likes on Twitter is clearly the bigger problem than talking about white nationalism.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Errr what? You do understand that the whole point of percentages is to be able to compare things independent of relative sample size. That's why researcher's use it in data analysis.

Calling using percentages exactly how their supposed to be used as "misleading percentages" is the most absurd thing I've read today.
People are really, really bad at reading and understanding data.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I don't really have a dog in this race (I'm not American) but I work in a similar field and just wanted to point a few things.

1. This estimates the percentage of negative tweets but it's very limited in its qualitative classification (just "negative" and "very negative"). There is a world of difference between criticism and toxicity but most sentiment analysis methods can't distinguish between the two.

2. Sentiment analysis tends to be pretty literal and generally won't pick up on sarcasm, passive aggressiveness, etc. It's not a problem if it occurs at the same rate for all groups but if any groups have more "attitude" than others, it may not be reflected in the numbers.

The basic results (roughly equal % negative, bigger population of Bernie supporters) are interesting but not enough to draw any big conclusions about the quality of political discourse.

EDIT: Typo

Last edited:

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Every single candidate's supporters having basically the same ratio across all metrics makes me extremely skeptical, to say the least. Every candidate is in a different position. You are trying to tell me that supporters of a candidate who noone expected to win are as equally toxic as supporters of one of the frontrunners? Context is everything and people react emotionally to different situations. I am taking this study with less than a grain of salt until he posts methodology and examples.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a dog in this race (I'm not American) but I work in a similar field and just wanted to point a few things.

1. This estimates the percentage of negative tweets but it's very limited in its qualitative classification (just "negative" and "very negative"). There is a world of difference between criticism and toxicity but most sentiment analysis methods can't distinguish between the two.

2. Sentiment analysis tends to be pretty literal and generally won't pick up on sarcasm, passive aggressiveness, etc. It's not a problem if it occurs at the same rate for all groups but if any groups have more "attitude" than others, it may not be reflected in the numbers.

The basic results (roughly equal % negative, bigger opulation of Bernie supporters) are interesting but not enough to draw any big conclusions about the quality of political discourse.

Good shit. Thank you for the input. Hopefully we get more info down the way.

Out of curiosity, would you have any suggestions to improve the analysis? Like a different model than sentiment analysis for instance?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
It also doesn't appear to take amplified messaging into account. What I mean by that is actively tying one's message to a cohort's.

I think there's a difference between 1,000 Twitter users @ing Elizabeth Warren or her supporters and posting variations of different negative comments vs. 1,000 Twitter users posting identical snake emojis. Or, to use another example, adding various hashtags, like #MAGA -- that instantly brands the messenger as a member of a cohort and amplifies the message with all of the context and shared meaning that goes along with it.

I also think Twitter, and people who focus on Twitter too much, are dogshit.

But I think it's a mistake to look at tweets in isolation and not as a part of shared, continuous discourse.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Good shit. Thank you for the input. Hopefully we get more info down the way.

Out of curiosity, would you have any suggestions to improve the analysis? Like a different model than sentiment analysis for instance?

There are more sophisticated models that can address the first issue (the second is much harder) but they come with their own shortcomings. Sentiment analysis was a good one to start with since it pretty generalizable and produces straightforward, interpretable results.

Off the top of my head, one way to deal with the first issue would be to create multiple classes of comments (e.g. policy criticism, personal insults at the candidate, insulting their supporters) and train a classifier to distinguish between them. Admittedly, this raises several problems of its own, probably the biggest being how to define those classes properly.

Generally you'd want a small number of meaningful classes that can be clearly and unambiguously identified from the text. The data may be too messy for that - you might not have clear classes, labeling may be too subjective, there might not be enough distinguishing features in the text, etc.

The problem becomes significantly harder to set up than sentiment analysis and it most likely wouldn't be as accurate, plus from an academic standpoint it's much easier to poke holes in the classes themselves (positive/negative is less informative but more reliable). However, if done well it would shed a lot more light on the differences between Twitter supporters.

mugwhump

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
It's not perfect, but it's better than all the empirical evidence in support of the "bernie bros" narrative, which, as far as I can see, is nonexistent.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
My own eyes don't lie though. Nothing stands out more than a disgruntled Bernie fan online. I have yet to meet a Bernie fan offline that acts like the people online. Full stop.

So i don't know if that graph is accurate. I mean it probably is but I can't fully believe it because it doesn't match up with what I see

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
'Bernie bros' is just a way to attack Bernie. They used it against Obama in '08 as well so these results aren't surprising.

Nov 14, 2017
My own eyes don't lie though. Nothing stands out more than a disgruntled Bernie fan online. I have yet to meet a Bernie fan offline that acts like the people online. Full stop.

So i don't know if that graph is accurate. I mean it probably is but I can't fully believe it because it doesn't match up with what I see
I'm yet to meet anyone who acts in person like some of the more ardently left-punching liberals on this site, let alone twitter. However there's no rational way to conclude from that anecdote that liberals are on average the most toxic people online.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Like other people have brought up, the sentiment analysis is sort of a potential failure point. I asked 'em about it on twitter but got no response, sadly.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017

your own eyes do lie to you all the time, it's kind of the reason why the scientific method is so important

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm yet to meet anyone who acts in person like some of the more ardently left-punching liberals on this site, let alone twitter. However there's no rational way to conclude from that anecdote that liberals are on average the most toxic people online.
Oh no i think conservatives definitely take the cake in the toxicity Olympics but in the last week Bernie fans (not all but the more toxic ones) having been showing their ass

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Like, y'all realize the guy didn't even have to do that, right? If someone is gonna make the claim that Bernie Bros are definitely a thing, the onus is on them to prove it. And proving it requires a little more work than a few screenshots here and there.
This is really all that needs to be said. Some posters responding with the equivalent of "but if it's not real, then why would people believe it?" is insane.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this post is wild

hopefully tongue in cheek

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to believe the mere existence of a group of people on Twitter who seem to attack anyone or anything even nominally appreciating or supporting anything against or Bernie or involving anyone he's running against is actually questioned by anyone. Like, we can disagree on how many people this represents or to what extent they're Bernie's responsibility, but they're out there in some force. Unless the whole narrative is dismissed as some conspiratorial shared delusion against Sanders I can't see how people straight up say it's not a thing.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should bear in mind that there are literally people being paid to make potential demographic voters fight with each other and try to not reward them so easily.

Jul 18, 2018

The best ones are on Twitter when people say they saw ____ supporters approach them and get physical or verbal in their face. I had someone on Twitter respond to me like this:

"Two Bernie Bros threatened me in the parking lot of my Walmart in Alabama. I hope one regains use of his knee."

Funny thing is I wasn't even talking about Bernie or about anything relating to him. I was just talking about Warren and info on minority support

Nov 14, 2017
I find it hard to believe the mere existence of a group of people on Twitter who seem to attack anyone or anything even nominally appreciating or supporting anything against or Bernie or involving anyone he's running against is actually questioned by anyone. Like, we can disagree on how many people this represents or to what extent they're Bernie's responsibility, but they're out there in some force. Unless the whole narrative is dismissed as some conspiratorial shared delusion against Sanders I can't see how people straight up say it's not a thing.
Well if they exist in similar proportion to any politician/ideology with a large enough online support base, the idea that they're a unique phenomenon would be something like a "conspiratorial shared delusion against Sanders," yes. Surely existence of a narrative that this is a phenomenon unique to Sanders is just as beyond question as the existence of Sanders' fervent online supporters?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well if they exist in similar proportion to any politician/ideology with a large enough online support base, the idea that they're a unique phenomenon would be something like a "conspiratorial shared delusion against Sanders," yes. Surely existence of a narrative that this is a phenomenon unique to Sanders is just as beyond question as the existence of Sanders' fervent online supporters?

I just don't see how that's the case. There are numerous stories of people supporting or endorsing someone other than Bernie and being abused by supporters of Bernie and not really by anyone else. Is that all a lie? Are there instances of other supporters doing this in similar numbers that just aren't reported? Why are the cases so numerous when it comes to Bernie? You'd expect if this was common anyone who endorsed Bernie would be abused by everyone else, and anyone who didn't endorse Bernie would be abused by a larger group made up of supporters from everywhere including Bernie. But that doesn't seem to be what happens.

I mean the whole "whereisBiden" thing is from Bernie supporters on Twitter. Warren being a snake and the whole Working Families Party response was from them. Why no similar large subset of supporters of any other candidates?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no, that's all anecdotal

probs yah

Ok...where? I can bring up a large number of people who make direct claims about the treatment they experienced after publicly criticizing Sanders or endorsing one of his opponents or even...checks notes...liking a video from SNL featuring Elizabeth Warren. I can't do this for any other candidate. Why is that?

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok...where? I can bring up a large number of people who make direct claims about the treatment they experienced after publicly criticizing Sanders or endorsing one of his opponents or even...checks notes...liking a video from SNL featuring Elizabeth Warren. I can't do this for any other candidate. Why is that?

I don't know, why are you asking me? that's your lens

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, why are you asking me? that's your lens

I'm asking what you think about that. Do you disagree there's a lot of people making claims about the treatment they've received? If you do disagree, why? If not, why are there almost no examples of people making similar claims against other groups of supporters? You seemed pretty certain it's not an issue so I'm curious what your explanation for this all is.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm asking what you think about that. Do you disagree there's a lot of people making claims about the treatment they've received? If you do disagree, why? If not, why are there almost no examples of people making similar claims against other groups of supporters? You seemed pretty certain it's not an issue so I'm curious what your explanation for this all is.

I don't disagree with the anecdotes being shared, no

Deleted member 7373

Honestly the other side is much worse at least judging from this forum. The microsecond Bernie falls into second an army of posters appear (taking a break from posting about their stocks in the stock market thread of course) to tell Bernie supporters to accept their fate, shut the fuck up, and step in line to vote for Biden.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
The 'bernie bro/purity test' narrative is just another example of tribalism in action.

It would be more refreshing if folks stopped hiding behind doublespeak and just said 'I just dont like these motherfuckers fucking up what I got going on'.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree with the anecdotes being shared, no

Ok. It's a little strange calling a description of abuse just an anecdote as a form of dismissal, but whatever. But now why are they not shared regarding the supporters of other candidates in anything even approaching similar numbers? Do you think just as many exist?

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. It's a little strange calling a description of abuse just an anecdote as a form of dismissal, but whatever. But now why are they not shared regarding the supporters of other candidates in anything even approaching similar numbers? Do you think just as many exist?

it's not a dismissal it's an acceptance

I don't know

not as many in totals but in proportion. what this thread is about basically. so there are more negative Bernie supporter tweets total but percentage wise they're all about the same. and it cuts both ways, there are more positive tweets from Bernie supporters too.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's not a dismissal it's an acceptance

I don't know

not as many in totals but in proportion. what this thread is about basically. so there are more negative Bernie supporter tweets total but percentage wise they're all about the same. and it cuts both ways, there are more positive tweets from Bernie supporters too.

But where are those "anecdotes" about abuse from supporters of other candidates? I understand there are more Bernie supporters in total, but the proportion isn't so low he's the only one where it adds up to a whole person.

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
But where are those "anecdotes" about abuse from supporters of other candidates? I understand there are more Bernie supporters in total, but the proportion isn't so low he's the only one where it adds up to a whole person.

I've seen plenty abusive tweets from Warren, Biden and Pete supporters. I haven't kept a running doc so I can't provide receipts. As a sampling, the ones I've seen from the Biden camp generally seem to talk about Bernie's heart attack and calls him a communist. The Warren camp calls him and all his supporters sexist, and they say he is a useless opportunist who has never achieved anything in his political career. The Pete camp tends to call him a communist and a lying millionaire hypocrite. Note that the topic doesn't make it abusive, the tone does. But those tend to be the topics I see them hone on. But this is all my anectodal experience, which is as good as anyone else's anectodes. Which is why I welcome a more data driven approach, even though it has a lot of limitations.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that

You disagree? Those reports wouldn't be highlighted by those wishing to dispel what they see as a myth?

I've seen plenty abusive tweets from Warren, Biden and Pete supporters. I haven't kept a running doc so I can't provide receipts. As a sampling, the ones I've seen from the Biden camp generally seem to talk about Bernie's heart attack and calls him a communist. The Warren camp calls him and all his supporters sexist, and they say he is a useless opportunist who has never achieved anything in his political career. The Pete camp tends to call him a communist and a lying millionaire hypocrite. Note that the topic doesn't make it abusive, the tone does. But those tend to be the topics I see them hone on. But this is all my anectodal experience, which is as good as anyone else's anectodes. Which is why I welcome a more data driven approach, even though it has a lot of limitations.

That's not abuse. We're not talking about folks calling other candidates names on the internet, we're talking about abuse directed at individuals who aren't the candidate. Doxing and hatemail and other efforts taken against other people, not Warren or Biden or Pete themselves.

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
You disagree? Those reports wouldn't be highlighted by those wishing to dispel what they see as a myth?

That's not abuse. We're not talking about folks calling other candidates names on the internet, we're talking about abuse directed at individuals who aren't the candidate. Doxing and hatemail and other efforts taken against other people, not Warren or Biden or Pete themselves.

I haven't seen that on any of the camps (except trump, and one instance of a Warren supporter I saw on twitter who clearly is not representative of her base as a whole, so I won't generalize), so I can't say anything anectodally. I'm sure it exists, I don't mean to minimize it.