• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Seeming that we are getting more rumors (fake or not) about the new Harry Potter RPG I was thinking a General Discussion thread would be best

Leaked Trailer from October 2018

We don't know too much about it other than it seems to be in development by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros.

Rumored details of the game.

gamerant.com

Harry Potter RPG: Everything We Know About the Leaked Game

Last year, a leaked Harry Potter RPG made the rounds and hasn't been heard of since. Here's everything we know about the game so far!

Set in the 19th Century (1800's) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared (sic) a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant (sic) ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forest and trouble begins o (sic) brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastic beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny – the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Is there going to be any kind of MP in this game or is it strictly single player? Personally hoping for the latter, but IIRC Harry Potter games have historically been MP-oriented. Not too sure, though.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
I forgot how good that leak looked.

Something that lends credibility to the employee leak is the gringots bank character getting impaled by the sword in that explosion halfway through. That would definitely be considered a darker and more mature tone.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Is there going to be any kind of MP in this game or is it strictly single player? Personally hoping for the latter, but IIRC Harry Potter games have historically been MP-oriented. Not too sure, though.

Well, there was a rumor that it would have multiplayer elements but the person who "leaked" the information got the studio's name wrong so it doesn't seem trustworthy.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A AAA Harry Potter game is such a good fucking idea

Pumped

Too bad JK Rowling will probably make money from it

tuhi009

May 1, 2018
Was never a big fan of the franchise. But the world was very interesting.

A semi open (Arkham Asylum) game in Hogwarts will be awesome!

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I'd prefer if the game was set post-Voldemort instead of pre-Voldemort, so I hope the employee leak is true but probably not.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Interested in how the game is called in the end if it's really 100 years before Harry Potter. The name would be quite misleading then.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Interested in how the game is called in the end if it's really 100 years before Harry Potter. The name would be quite misleading then.
While not as instantly recognizable as "Harry Potter", Hogwarts is a really great title that would sell this game's concept really well.

So it could be Hogwarts plus whatever, maybe a subtitle.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Leaked footage from 2 years ago looked fantastic and obviously the premise sounds perfect, creating your own student to roam around a open Hogwarts and all that etc.

I'm not the biggest Potter fan but love the movies and visited the Orlando attraction, and I'm eagerly anticipating the game being officially revealed with all the details.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
While not as instantly recognizable as "Harry Potter", Hogwarts is a really great title that would sell this game's concept really well.

So it could be Hogwarts plus whatever, maybe a subtitle.
WB did similar with the Middle Earth games, I could see them doing it with this calling it Hogwarts.

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing that trailer back in 2018 gave me the impression that it wasn't gonna be on eighth gen consoles. This is definitely one of the first big PS5/Series X exclusives.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
WB did similar with the Middle Earth games, I could see them doing it with this calling it Hogwarts.
It worked well enough for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War, so I imagine it'll be Hogwars: Subtitle.
Yeah, WB (be it film or games) can actually give some relative freedom to creators with their IP's titles, like with the Fantastic Beasts series, the Injustice games, the Middle Earth games...
Yeah, that would be fitting.
It would be quite exciting as oppossed to Harry Potter, too! I loved those games as a kid, but this is the kind of game I've always wanted.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, WB (be it film or games) can actually give some relative freedom to creators with their IP's titles, like with the Fantastic Beasts series, the Injustice games, the Middle Earth games...

It would be quite exciting as oppossed to Harry Potter, too! I loved those games as a kid, but this is the kind of game I've always wanted.

Yeah Harry Potter on the PS1 was fantastic.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I've had to settle for LEGO HP games for years... seems like a dream that we're FINALLY getting a real HP video game again. I'm all in. Probably my favorite book series ever, I just want to live in this world :)

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
God I hope this is actually good. The leaked trailer was hype as hell but a lot can change in two years and not always for the better.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not into HP books or movies but this leaked footage is very nice as a 3rd person adventure. I hope it's legit

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Seeming that we are getting more rumors (fake or not) about the new Harry Potter RPG I was thinking a General Discussion thread would be best

Leaked Trailer from October 2018

We don't know too much about it other than it seems to be in development by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros.

Rumored details of the game.

gamerant.com

Harry Potter RPG: Everything We Know About the Leaked Game

Last year, a leaked Harry Potter RPG made the rounds and hasn't been heard of since. Here's everything we know about the game so far!

Is there any, any credible source that confirms the continued existence of this game?
It does look incredible especially with the music. Could easily sell +6million if it looks the same as the trailer. Wonder what's taken them so long.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Excited for other people. I can see this being a dream game for a lot of people/

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Two things:

1) Fuck all TERFs

2) All the movies are streaming on HBO Max, if this looks/sounds good to you, but you don't know the brand. Recommend you do that before giving Rowling book sales.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any, any credible source that confirms the continued existence of this game?
It does look incredible especially with the music. Could easily sell +6million if it looks the same as the trailer. Wonder what's taken them so long.

Jason Schreirer wrote earlier this year that WB planned to have an E3 conference and this game was to be announced.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying transphobia
A AAA Harry Potter game is such a good fucking idea

Pumped

Too bad JK Rowling will probably make money from it
You mean the person who envisioned to whole Harry Potter universe?

Like I'm aware of some snotty things but uhhh 😬

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for this. A really well made Harry Potter RPG could be so damn fun.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
I remember seeing this long ago on here. I guess time to see what the new rumors say.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
This is a dream game for me. I've been playing the lego ones for years now. lol

Please be good.

Having a nice Quidditch sidegame in it would be the cherry on top. Had so much fun with the Quidditch World Cup game on PS2 and it wasnt even that good.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
PS4/Xbone multiplats don't really have intensive lighting and physics like we see in the trailer. It could be a crossgen title but I'm leaning towards it being a next-gen exclusive.
Tough to say, just because depending on release, i'm sure they'd prefer to reach Ps4/Xbox players.

I'm definitely in the camp of next gen games only though, so hopefully.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Even that potato quality trailer still looks too good to be true for this generation, destruction physics and lighting looks sublime, very excited about this.