• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
If we're even entertaining the idea of a current celebrity playing Indy, I would possibly accept Bradley Cooper. His appearance in Nightmare Alley with the fedora gave off some Indy energy and he has that masculine charisma.

nightmare-alley-guillermo-del-toro.gif

Just anyone but Chris fucking Pratt. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Ford was doing a lot of cycling when this was filming in the UK, he was looking good so interested to see how he plays this part at his age. not as if he was John Wick with a whip in the originals.

Yeah people overstate the extent of the physicality needed in those previous movies. There was certainly some of it and he looked in especially great shape in Temple of Doom, but it's not like they're gonna have the dude climbing mountains and grappling onto vehicles in this one. Probably. Unless they have flashbacks with a younger CGI'd stuntman or something.

And tbh the fistfights and that sort of thing always looked pretty goofy even when Ford was in his prime. He never exactly looked like a trained boxer, to say the least. Which always added it to all for me, since much of the franchise is Indy getting fucked up and being in dire straits in various ways and then just barely making it out. Just being completely out of his depth but still managing to just skirt by by the skin of his teeth.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
After watching Everything Everywhere All At Once they really missed big time introducing Indy's son in Crystal Skull and not just have Short Round as his successor.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
???
I saw some set photos and people speculating about time travel to ancient Rome. What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm talking about what every asshole is crying about under every tweet or news following this film that lucasfilm wants to kill indy and replace him with the female co lead and how this is gonna be "woke garbage".

Which mangold had to come out and say wasn't true.

What you're talking about is basically one set photo (without the leads) and one tidbit that the artefact in the film has
time related ability
. Nothing confirmed or leaked properly so hardly see how that makes it "terrible" but okay.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have zero expectations for this. Indiana Jones really, really should have just ended after Last Crusade. There's just no need for this to be another endless franchise.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
After watching Everything Everywhere All At Once they really missed big time introducing Indy's son in Crystal Skull and not just have Short Round as his successor.

Would not be opposed to them doing it as a spin off anyways. The series doesn't have a ton of post-Temple of Doom expanded universe stuff, it's kind of an open sandbox.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Indy to get this moment.

The leaked action scenes have the answer if you're curious :

No he won't move like that at all, actually. Ford moves better than De Niro ever did and he has doubles for more intense stuff, then they use the Logan replacement technology.
hxAdTKw.gif

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
If we're even entertaining the idea of a current celebrity playing Indy, I would possibly accept Bradley Cooper. His appearance in Nightmare Alley with the fedora gave off some Indy energy and he has that masculine charisma.

The scoundrel and the raccoon. It makes sense, you might be into something that could work here. But don't give me a reboot, please. Just recast the Indiana Jones kid and don't even explain it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I don't care Ford pushing 80, but please more entertaining than that crap Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. 🤦

And that was Spielberg direction... 🤦

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Indy not played by Ford has no point. The character is a pastiche of various 40s serial stars. It's just Ford's performance that defines the character beyond that.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Culture is over and they're not making any more movie stars, so I fully expect the successor to Harrison Ford to just be a deepfake of Harrison Ford.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Honestly, I'm less concerned with Ford's age and physicality than I am the story and what time period this will be set in.

Crystal Skull fumbled the attempt to bring indy into a new cinematic pastiche with new era appropriate villains so where do you go from there?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
The leaked action scenes have the answer if you're curious :

No he won't move like that at all, actually. Ford moves better than De Niro ever did and he has doubles for more intense stuff, then they use the Logan replacement technology.
hxAdTKw.gif

He's moving like Indy judging by that clip. If he's is into the script enough to make an effort I think he'll be fine. He stays in good shape.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020

When Disney bought Lucasfilm and there were talks of a new Indy, I always thought Cooper would be a better replacement if they went that direction, than the, at the time, popular idea of Pratt.

At this point, though, he may also be too old long term lol

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Mangold sure loves putting aging characters in the ground. This movie better be good, I don't want Ford's last appearance as Indy to be a superfluous wet fart.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Dear god the old man cringe in this movie will be way too much for me to handle. He was already too old for the last movie.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

You've just doomed us to a trilogy of Indiana Jones starring Tom Holland.