• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whilst on the press tour for his latest offering 'The Call of the Wild', HeyUGuys James Kleinmann sat down with the iconic actor and asked that all-important question, what audiences can expect from Indiana Jones 5?

"I don't really want to give them what they want to see, I want to give them something they didn't anticipate," said Ford. "They are used to a degree of disappointment when you revisit. Certainly, the Marvel movies have made a spectacular example of a success of worked the other way around, they killed it! Well, we're not going to make another Indiana Jones unless we are in a position to kill it. We want it to be the best. We've got some scheduling issues and a few script things to do but we are determined to get it right before we get it made."

More at: https://www.heyuguys.com/harrison-ford-updates-indiana-jones-5/

Don't call me Junior if old

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Coming soon: Indiana Jones fans turn on Harrison Ford for subverting their expectations.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I mean, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the more "action-y" elements - also weird how it might start filming in the coming months but there's still no indication around cast and crew outside of the screenwriter.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
what if all i want is a good movie

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they have to have some sort of clever idea for this up their sleeves. I love Harrison Ford as much as anyone, but dude is damn near 80 years old. He's a far cry even from where he was at Crystal Skull. They can't just make another swashbuckling adventure, the sheer idea is ludicrous.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they have to have some sort of clever idea for this up their sleeves. I love Harrison Ford as much as anyone, but dude is damn near 80 years old. He's a far cry even from where he was at Crystal Skull. They can't just make another swashbuckling adventure, the sheer idea is ludicrous.
He needs to be in a non-actiony role like the early Doctor Whos

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
He really should stick with feel good Movies. Does he really want to end up like Stallone?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine but...he's an actor. He's not going to really do much of anything to change the direction of the series.
This definitely isn't a standard actor role in a movie. Ford loves this character, it's his baby. I guarantee Spielberg and everyone would treat Ford as an equal, and wouldn't get him on board without his buy-in. Ford is far from being in a position where he needs to blindly read from a script

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
No offense to the guy but it's time to admit they've left it too long. All I'm picturing is De Niro kerb stomping that guy in The Irishman.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
This definitely isn't a standard actor role in a movie. Ford loves this character, it's his baby. I guarantee Spielberg and everyone would treat Ford as an equal, and wouldn't get him on board without his buy-in. Ford is far from being in a position where he needs to blindly read from a script

But to that same extent, he really isn't a dude that puts in the effort. He's not the writer/director/actor type. He talks about stuff he hates but his work doesn't show.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still genuinely curious as to why Spielberg is doing this film? He didn't want to do Indy 4 at all, and did it basically for appeasement because everyone kept asking him about it.
Once again, I'm afraid he has a misplaced sense of obligation. He fucked up the last one, now he has to make good.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I have no expectations at all for a new Indiana Jones movie. I honestly can't think of a single thing that I "want to see" from it. Just try to be a good movie I guess?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"Dr Jones..."
"go away!"

"What did you think I was going to do, take on Saddam Hussein with a whip?"