• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Funi immediately writing about it sure makes me think all of this stuff is about to come up on Funi immediately.

I'm in on day 1 for a Mac F boxset. Gimme something majestic please.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This is amazing!! Maybe we can actually get a new Macross Game or a project Aces with Macross characters in English!

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So much content we've been deprived of...
I hope for Zero and Frontier asap, and I've never seen 7. Also hoping for an eventual 4K remaster of Plus.

Delta...
Uh... Take your time.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I never imagined this day would come...

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Release Macross the movie. Do you remember love

soooo good

I fortunately still have the Macross TV DVD box set

Last edited:

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how Big West was an even bigger roadblock in all of this than HG (which still sucks), I wonder what finally changed for them.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
There will always be Macross Frontier

But it's too late for Macross 30/30 :(

Do you remember love?

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Pretty cool.
Think a friend of mine had a copy of Macross M3. Playing through parts of it while listening to "Do you remember love?".

And yeah, Macross Plus OST is legendary Yoko Kanno stuff.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Never has this gif been more appropriate than now

200w.gif

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
I just want to pay less than 300 for a super vf1s. I never splurged when they were cheaper :(

40th anniversary coincides with me turning 40. I'm gonna treat myself

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
Never thought I'd see the day...
But this is awesome! I need 7 and Frontier ASAP and with Delta skip the tv series and just bring the movie and it's sequel directly, the movie fixed some of the bigger problems the series had.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
So BW found a map with other regions outside Japan?
All they've ever had to do was just involve HG in some way that let them get paid. As shitty as HG has always been (and it can't be denied that they've been shitty) Big West has also been a big part of stalling things out because of their refusal to just let HG have a seat at the table even back when they were legitimately wanting to actually contribute to bringing things to the west.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Never thought I'd see the day...
But this is awesome! I need 7 and Frontier ASAP and with Delta skip the tv series and just bring the movie and it's sequel directly, the movie fixed some of the bigger problems the series had.
Interesting. Might have to check out the Delta movie, then...
Wait, what, after checking, there's even a new Delta sequel movie in the works??

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
So can HG just work with another company to release OG Macross and the other series? Or is this a case of if they don't do it themselves then it's not going to happen?

I don't know how much they truly care about working to release older stuff these days. Seems like they're mainly concerned about releasing a live action Robotech movie.

Myself personally I want OG Macross, Macross DYRL, Macross Plus, and Macross 2.

Yes I said Macross 2. Fuck 7, fuck Frontier, and that new idol one that came out most recently. But I'll take Macross 2 because it was actually good despite all the lies people spread about it.

Last edited:

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
So can HG just work with another company to release OG Macross and the other series? Or is this a case of if they don't do it themselves then it's not going to happen?

I don't know how much they truly care about working to release older stuff these days. Seems like they're mainly concerned about releasing a live action Robotech movie.
HG can and has worked with other companies to release OG Macross in the west as just Macross (on top of Robotech) because Tatsunoko actually does have the international distribution rights to the show and sublicenses it to HG for Robotech. They just can't touch other macross shows because Tatsunoko didn't have those deals for the other Macross stuff that they did work on, much less the stuff they didn't. There's nothing Big West could actually do to prevent that from happening.

Meanwhile, Big West actually always had the rights to release other Macross stuff in the west, but HG owns certain trademarks that would have made that impossible without Big West cutting them a check.

A lot of this has honestly been the result of Big West just refusing to want to have anything to do with HG, which certainly has not been helped by HG doing what it has been doing.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, holy shit. Thought they'd be stuck in deadlock forever. Sounds like it was the live action movie that finally got things moving.