• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Here is the thread to openly discuss the Birds of Prey movie. With any luck, DC can continue its streak of movies. If only they can work with the box office numbers.

Discuss.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Incredible. The time jumping in beginning was so well done. I wished they would have given hunteress more air time but the whole schtick with her trying to let everyone know that she is the huntress and people always cutting her off and saying crowsbow murderer was hilarious.

Oh and the villiain? best villian in a comic movie in a while. Probably in my top 5 comic book movies of all time. Yup.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Um, i don't see how unless they use magic or time travel. He's in pieces lol
It's a comic book movie, theyll think of a way if needed.

Lazarus pit, for instance.

Plus it could be a way to have the mask as part of his face permanently.

I also hope Zasz isn't dead.

It was brilliant.

The three BoP members were fantastic and I really want to see more of them. Especially Huntress.

I also need a comic accurate outfit for the question. Even if its only for a second.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Such a shame it isn't doing great. It was really solid but I felt like a sequel that gave more screen time to the Birds would be the "Dark Knight" to its "Batman Begins"

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Man I really hope we get a series of films here penned by Christina Hodson.

Batgirl (depending on whatever Reeves is doing with the Batfamily), BoP with an expanded cast (hopefully including Batgirl), Batgirl 2 with Cass Cain, BoP vs Gotham City Sirens.

Damn this movie deserves to be doing better at the BO :(

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I liked how they used many Gotham locations. Felt comic book-y in the best of senses.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Harley's a goddamn power house in this movie. Her breaking the legs of multiple guys was awesome.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rosie as René was the kind of choice you make when you are confident as fuck in what you are doing.

Bring them together was really half assed but they chemistry sold it.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
bunch of times the audience laughed at jokes and when legs were broken there was definitely a good amount of people you could hear squirm lmao

I think people cheered at the end too when black mask died lol. Probably the most active iv ever seen an audience here outside of when "STAR WARS" popped up at the start of EP7.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I liked the part where HQ sniffs cocaine. It is a great joke that definitely made the R rating worth it.

Last edited:

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ok I saw this due to an interest in Harley and not the Birds of Prey (don't really know much of them) and after this film I don't really have that much interest in them again though I wouldn't be against seeing them, if they do pop up elsewhere. I guess its a similar thing with Black Widow. I'm not against her I just don't find them really interesting. I do have an interest in seeing Bruce (the hyena) again though!

I'm not sure what the point was with the littering in this film. First by Harley then again by Cassandra at the end. Ivy definitely would have done a thing or two there if she was around.

Anyway I feel a bit sad about the R rating in the US as it possibly locks out a lot of the younger audience who like Harley. I think the film could have easily done without swearing and whatever else gave it an R rating the scenes could have been shown in a different way.

So was the wanted poster Boomerang?

Yes. Makes me wonder what he's up to though we'll be seeing him again in the next Suicide Squad movie.

He wears his mask, right?

Yeah he does, eventually. Not for long though.

Last edited:

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't feeling the first half but once the prison break happened the movie finally started to move. Black Canary and Renee Montoya stoke the show for me. Huntress being awkward was funny at some points but there were definitely a couple gags with her that didn't land

Overall a solid B rating id say

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just got out and had a splendid time with this movie.

For reference, I straight up quit watching Suicide Squad about 30 minutes in. This movie is fine.

Clean action scenes with lots of great choreography and just a great breezy tone. I think it matches in tone and pace with Deadpool, with its own wild style to capture Harley's psychosis.

Not a "best comic book movie I've seen in a while" experience, but very solid effort!

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed it. Then they killed off Roman for the sake of killing him off. So I guess those reports of having the mask burnt to his face was wrong, or was one of the cut scenes. The movie did get alot of reshoots to be fair. Wasted potential. Urgh.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I enjoyed it. Then they killed off Roman for the sake of killing him off. So I guess those reports of having the mask burnt to his face was wrong, or was one of the cut scenes. The movie did get alot of reshoots to be fair. Wasted potential. Urgh.

Ah, yes. I forgot to mention that. I was wondering what happened to scenes like this..

f07d2c793ab725488893ec8b8aba1b66.jpg

I was shocked they killed off Zasz and Black Mask in this too. Like they're survived so many stories in the comics and so forth but first time you see them here and they die.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Ah, yes. I forgot to mention that. I was wondering what happened to scenes like this..

I was shocked they killed off Zasz and Black Mask in this too. Like they're survived so many stories in the comics and so forth but first time you see them here and they die.
That scene was there just cut down. They only showed her being thrown out and banging on the door no joker though.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I was wondering that too. Can we get #ReleaseTheBirdsOfPreyCut trending? Just kidding :P We'll most likely see it on the deleted scenes of the blu-ray. Zasz I knew they were going to kill off, but Roman? The hell. I mean the poor dude's in bits. They made sure to rub it in our faces so I guess he ain't coming back any time soon which is a shame as McGregor played him well. Would have liked to see more of him. Damn :/

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Ok I saw this due to an interest in Harley and not the Birds of Prey (don't really know much of them) and after this film I don't really have that much interest in them again though I wouldn't be against seeing them, if they do pop up elsewhere. I guess its a similar thing with Black Widow. I'm not against her I just don't find them really interesting. I do have an interest in seeing Bruce (the hyena) again though!

I'm not sure what the point was with the littering in this film. First by Harley then again by Cassandra at the end. Ivy definitely would have done a thing or two there if she was around.

Anyway I feel a bit sad about the R rating in the US as it possibly locks out a lot of the younger audience who like Harley. I think the film could have easily done without swearing and whatever else gave it an R rating the scenes could have been shown in a different way.

Yes. Makes me wonder what he's up to though we'll be seeing him again in the next Suicide Squad movie.

Yeah he does, but it's not like the Arkham games (my only prior experience with Black Mask), where the mouth moves. It's just a closed mask in this.
So like this
51s0XCraLCL._AC_.jpg

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've noticed over the past couple of years Roman hasn't exactly been treated with respect. He's sort of a joke character I guess. As much as I love the Arkham games, they didn't do him justice in there. He was in Arkham City, but right at the beginning getting beat up. He's in the Robin Challenge Maps DLC for City, but only briefly. The next time we see him is in Arkham Origins, where Joker is impersonating him mid way through the game. Then we see the real Roman Sionis later on in the same game in a side-mission in the church. The only time they ever did the character justice was in the animated movie in 2010, Under The Red Hood. He is abit of a B-lister to be fair but y'know lol.

I guess you could say Birds of Prey is where they kinda did the character justice, but then they went ahead and didn't show him burn. Then they killed him. Like, why? So that makes 3 villains in the DCEU dead

1: Enchantress
2: Zsasz
3: Roman

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
This movie is such an improvement over Suicide Squad, it gives me hope about the next Harley Quinn films.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Don't think there will be. It's underperforming at the box office. Meaning no Gotham City Sirens movie. And no Ivy. We're never gonna see Ivy, are we?
I think the fact that it got great reviews and it's budget was under 100 millions gives it a good shot. Heck, it's the first week. It could have legs as well since there isn't anything substantial coming out soon.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the fact that it got great reviews and it's budget was under 100 millions gives it a good shot. Heck, it's the first week. It could have legs as well since there isn't anything substantial coming out soon.
Sonic next week. But even that movie is tracking for horrible box opening weekend. But who knows?

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Meh, we'll see.
Anything substantial ? Excuse me? Sonic says hi. Sonic will literally wipe the floor with this film. I know it's a totally different audience but Sonic will make bank. Definitely would like to see Ivy but more importantly who could play her.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Birds of Prey was an amazing movie but I am not sure one movie is a streak

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Um, i don't see how unless they use magic or time travel. He's in pieces lol

lmao I mean, we're gonna get a Flash movie where the story adaptation will be mostly Flashpoint which can change this and that whole story line thus bringing him back. It's a comic book movie, you know damn well that when it comes to comic stuff, nothing is off limits or too crazy.

The movie was a fun time, it wasn't anything specifically spectacular and there's nothing wrong with that. Margot Robbie still manages to kill the Harley Quinn role and is gonna make it hard to see any other actress as Harley Quinn in the distant future. I enjoyed most of the characters and thought that they were fine for the most part but the Huntress was easily the best character next to Harley, it isn't even close. Also, I was talking to my friends after we saw the film and they were disappointed that there was no Joker appearance within the movie what so ever, and honestly, I liked whoever made that choice. If there was a Joker appearance, even if it wasn't Jared Leto, that would have been the main topic when people talk about the film.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows what's the name of the song played while Harley was fighting in jail section of police station? There was rain and all that stuff.
Tried to shazam at the time but no luck and I can't recall anything like it in official soundtrack album...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've read some awful opinions in the other thread like bad costumes and CW-like action. If anything was CW-like action it was Shazam. The costuming was impeccable.

BoP didn't have something quite on the level of John Wick but it came close which already puts it above the majority of superhero/comic book movies.

I shaved my balls for this.

Anyone knows what's the name of the song played while Harley was fighting in jail section of police station? There was rain and all that stuff.
Tried to shazam at the time but no luck and I can't recall anything like it in official soundtrack album...

I think it was Experiment on Me by Halsey.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think if they change the name and then throw Joaquin Phoenix's Joker in the marketing they can boost the box office numbers but who knows if they'll bother. Maybe do a PG-13 re-release like Deadpool.