• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can't just suddenly ask him to go down on you. You need to give Batman some prep time.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
But how can they sell consumer toys for heroes if they're shown doing this??

-_-
To be fair, comics readers are a VERY specific, very niche audience, especially if they're series that have an adult tone. No kid should be watching Harley Quinn, but a TV show has a much wider spread and will make significantly more news because it's a lot easier for them to come across it. Comics live in their own little world that no one outside of comics pays attention to if we're being honest.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
There's a story about Neil Gaiman's The Sandman where Gaiman got pushback for having a character discuss masturbation. Apparently nobody masturbates in the DCU.

Neil Gaiman

Mr. Gaiman is the story about how when you were working on Sandman at DC and an editor told you Dream couldnt be shown masturbating because no one in DC masturbates, a true story? Not quite. In...

This is gold:

In Sandman 14, COLLECTORS, in the original script, I had a serial killer talking about obsessively masturbating, and was told that he couldn't say that as nobody masturbated in the DC Universe. Which, I suggested, might be why everyone in the DC Universe is always dressing up in fancy costumes and beating the shit out of each other.[/quote{

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
But does he eat ass?
281f87e5-a5f5-48c6-8331-58180cac5633_screenshot.jpg

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This show gets nasty? I thought it was a cartoon for kids what's happening.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Right, it's a hard R kind of show.

Now I'm wondering if it's a blanket ban on explicit sex or just Bats performing that specific act. Like, would they still be ok with him getting a Batjob? That would be hard to justify.
Harley and Ivy were shown sleeping together in the show. This just seems like a double standard, like D.C. is thinking the BatGod™ can't be shown doing anything not considered traditionally masculine.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
But how can they sell consumer toys for heroes if they're shown doing this??

-_-

Kids don't read comics. ;)

Not that kids should be watching this cartoon either, though.

I did find that New 52 Catwoman series really odd and dropped it after the first issue (though I dropped most of the titles after the first issue so it wasn't alone)

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This show gets nasty? I thought it was a cartoon for kids what's happening.

In Episode 2, Harley Quinn gets herself out of a jam by publicly bullying Penguin's teenage nephew into admitting that, contrary to rumors, he'd never really finger-banged anyone.