• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Although there's still some steep misses, overall episode 2 maintained the highs of the first episode. Show is officially good. Fast witty dialogue, incredible voice work from the whole cast. The action feels a little too oh so wacky 'teehee did i do a murder', but compared to something like the old The Tick cartoon it's not like i demanded the action there to be much more than comic relief so maybe i'm overthinking it.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of straightwashing in this ep was abhorrent, "female friendships", Kite Man niceguying his way to Ivy smiling, kissing the boys.....ugh. I give it one more ep for a single bit of subtext then i'm out. I'll admit that the plant gunfire block and smile from Harley was sweet, but yeah need a little bit more to trust they are building to something.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This is starting to feel a bit like Venture Bros which is a good thing. Lake Bell is fantastic as Ivy.

Was Penguin always Jewish? A pretty big anti-semetic caricature being a greedy big nosed villain.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of straightwashing in this ep was abhorrent, "female friendships", Kite Man niceguying his way to Ivy smiling, kissing the boys.....ugh. I give it one more ep for a single bit of subtext then i'm out. I'll admit that the plant gunfire block and smile from Harley was sweet, but yeah need a little bit more to trust they are building to something.
Interesting. It's pretty much a given that they get together. And it would be pretty weird for them to immediately start a relationship, especially after the abusive one that Harley was in.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. It's pretty much a given that they get together. And it would be pretty weird for them to immediately start a relationship, especially after the abusive one that Harley was in.
I don't want them to start a relationship in episode 2, but is it so much to ask that they don't push it hetoronormative 400%? It felt so forced that its either a smokescreen (I hope) or they are trying to kill any yuri vibes (bleh).

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Yea this is surprisingly good. I went from hardly caring but still going to watch it to this being something I'm going to look forward to every week.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
despite all of that I don't think for a second Ivy is straight but just sitting around killing time waiting for Harley to get through her Joker phase then shoot her shot and it won't be this season

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A bit of a step down from last episode so it basically went from excellent to good. The heterosexual moments were somewhat annoying especially as we were told to wait till season 2 for the queer romance. However, Bane is hilarious and at least Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy is the most important positive relationship on the show.

Altogether, I'm surprised I like the character of Harley Quinn so much in this rendition as I find her slightly annoying in Batman: TAS.

Last edited:

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
If they drop in a reference to Freestyle Bane with that voice, this will officially be the best DC animated property.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't care too much for this episode compared to the first, but the voice cast still carried it.

Kaley Cuoco is by far the best successor to Arleen Sorkin

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ivy having to kiss to deliver the antidote was played hilariously and a clever way to turn another Ivy trope on its head.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This is a fun show. Jim Rush as the Riddler was great. Loved him in Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Unhinged Harley calling Batman a bat fucker is about what I expected from a loon, Poison Ivy's plant got a laugh out of me also. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
the venture bros comparisons are spot on jesus

BOY do i not like the gore

i never considered how joker and poison ivy treat each other. what are they like since they share harley

Last edited:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Bane is no doubt my favorite. Him deciding to blow up gotham stadium because of trivia night and not taking off the mask to eat food, then kite man doing the naked man and also loved how he had to check the weather first before he could fly lol AND he hit that girl in the punch bowl twice lol Love this stupid show.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Something I've noticed in these two episodes is that they're leaning on Harley actually having a PhD in psychology & using it to her advantage. Hopefully that continues to be a thing as Harley discovers more of her own strengths. That plus I hope they eventually lead to Harley & Ivy's romantic relationship, but I feel like that may be a Season 2 thing (she only recently dumped Joker, after all).

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ivy is by far my favorite character in this. The delivery on that "Dude, we gotta get the fuck out of here" line had me rolling. And Bane's voice, lol

I'm enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would. Whoever made the Venture Bros comparison is spot on.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
3rd episode was a bit inconsistent but had some really funny moments. I love what they did with Clayface.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
What's amazing is that they took the Queen of Fables story from Waid's JLA run... from the 80s.

I thought some people would hate Ivy's interest in Kite Man, but I'm sure they then were happy later.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the first 2 episodes and loved it, Poison Ivy is the best character by far, love this version of her.

Sad that we might not see the Ivy/Harley romance until season 2 but it makes sense I guess

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
The trailers didn't do the show justice
I'm really liking it
It's funny funny I hope we get a legion of Doom spin off of like work place life
It's a fun show

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Show is really funny, and there was at least a little more hints to Harley/Ivy's future this episode. Ivy pining for Kite Man is shitty though.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Show is really funny, and there was at least a little more hints to Harley/Ivy's future this episode. Ivy pining for Kite Man is shitty though.

how is it shItty exactly ? Poison Ivy in almost all iterations is bisexual. Having her interest in Harley Quinn build over time is a good approach.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how is it shItty exactly ? Poison Ivy in almost all iterations is bisexual. Having her interest in Harley Quinn build over time is a good approach.
Because Kite man came off as a classic "nice guy" so the tropey thing of Ivy rebuking him but actually warming to him is shitty imo. And yes a slow build to her liking Harley could be amazing, if they do follow through with it in season 2 or some other time that is and dont just bait.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
I haven't laughed out loud so much and so loudly sitting alone in my living room like this in a long time. (Last time I think was an episode of Game Grumps where they played House Party.) The level of writing and fast-paced comedy are breaths of fresh air, and are a combination we desperately need more of. Hell, some of my biggest snort laughs come from the most unlikely places, like the way Frank says "you lying motherfucker."

If ANYONE is on the fence about watching it, do it right the hell now. I hope this show gets a fuckton of seasons (likely won't but I can dream).

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I like this, it's surprisingly more entertaining than I initially assumed.

I hope the Marvel Hulu animated shows end up being something like this.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Did anyone on Venture Bros. work on this or did they just completely ape the style? It's not a bad thing at all, I'm just curious.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at Dr. Psycho calling Wonder Woman the c-word. I love how the Earth stopped moving after that.