• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
carlsojo

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
One thing I really appreciated was that they leaned in on that she was a brilliant psychiatrist before becoming Harley Quinn. And not just saying that she was "good" but "showing" that she actually helped Poison Ivy be around people.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a cute first episode so I'm in.

Gimme dat slow burn Harley/Ivy romance

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The most over-the-top part of the pilot was someone stayed in Arkham for a year straight.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
"My fellow whites, let's raise a glass to this pyramid of money." might just be the best opening lines of any show.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
How much cursing is there? I watched a 2 minute clip (on a boat I think) and it was like Tenacious D "Pick of Destiny" swearing levels.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
any word on Europe rights? the DC stuff is all over the place here in Portugal for example, Netflix has Titans, HBO has Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol :/

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One issue I have, is that for something that's supposed to be an overtly feminist show, it's surprising that there are no women writers.

Looks like I was wrong here as there are women writers.

On another note, it seems that the online reactionaries REALLY hate this show. Kind of surprising as getting offended by the show conflicts with the online reactionaries' supposedly cool, edgy, uncaring brand.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty good personally but I'm not put off by excessive cursing or violence. Hope we keep getting a lot of the rogues gallery cameos. This version of Riddler was a highlight.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Looks like I was wrong here as there are women writers.

On another note, it seems that the online reactionaries REALLY hate this show. Kind of surprising as getting offended by the show conflicts with the online reactionaries' supposedly cool, edgy, uncaring brand.
It wasn't for them to begin with or else you wouldn't get the very first line of the show

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
i enjoyed this a lot

it's actually funny, and the violence has just enough gore to make it impactful without being distracting.

its version of gordon is not at all what i expected. he's great.

i do agree that batman not even attempting to save harley was a bit ooc, but i guess he's even more of an asshole in this version!

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really appreciated was that they leaned in on that she was a brilliant psychiatrist before becoming Harley Quinn. And not just saying that she was "good" but "showing" that she actually helped Poison Ivy be around people.

Yeah. That is a level of care and craft that one would not expect from a show such as this. I was VERY happy about.

It wasn't for them to begin with or else you wouldn't get the very first line of the show

I was so surprised by that line that I replayed the first few seconds several times. Giggling uncontrollably each time.

i enjoyed this a lot

it's actually funny, and the violence has just enough gore to make it impactful without being distracting.

its version of gordon is not at all what i expected. he's great.

i do agree that batman not even attempting to save harley was a bit ooc, but i guess he's even more of an asshole in this version!

Yeah I was not expecting that either, but it works really well. I imagine the plan is to exaggerate all the heroes and heroic characters to hilarious degrees.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Best part of this show: Gordon. Holy shit, what happened to you. Hopefully nervous wreck Gordon will appear more.
Worst part of this show: Harley fawning all over the Joker. When they swapped spit I threw up in my mouth.

Hopefully Harley and Poison Ivy get it on in future episodes.

Oct 27, 2017
Best part of this show: Gordon. Holy shit, what happened to you. Hopefully nervous wreck Gordon will appear more.
Worst part of this show: Harley fawning all over the Joker. When they swapped spit I threw up in my mouth.

Hopefully Harley and Poison Ivy get it on in future episodes.

Harley falling for Joker's shit again and again was repetitive, but presumably that was just for the first episode and we're done with it.

Quinnzel

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Really hoping this comes to Netflix or they make the App available in the UK soon. Missing out on this series is such a bummer.

Quinnzel

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Unlikely Netflix, it's going to hbo probably. I dunno how they are doing things with the uk. How was doom patrol released?

Doom patrol isn't out here yet until January, heading to StarzPlay (a Prime channel) We got Titans and CW shows on Netflix, Swamp Thing on Prime. Just such a clusterfuck of mixing and matching different services.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
They're clearly playing to the idea of Batman and Joker both being the most important person in each other's life - Joker picks saving Batman over Harley moments before this, so I think it makes sense for Batman to pick chasing Joker over saving Harley.

I think it's also possible we're seeing things a bit tilted towards Harley's perspective and that the "real" versions might be a bit different.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
the thing is i never subscribed to the idea that batman actually thinks or believes that joker is the most important person in his life

that's always been a one-way street, at least from what i know about the two characters. batman is perfectly fine being batman with joker gone. can't say the same for joker though.

but i'm not really hung up about that! i'm here for harley, and i like what i've seen of her!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode, I was leery this was going to be another one of those shows appealing to the neckbeard in his mom's basement at first but was pleasantly surprised with the direction it went. It was quite fun if not a little immature in its raunchiness.

As for the Batman ignoring Harley thing, I just figured he somehow knew it was margarita mix. It could be a reference to the scene in the original animated series when Harley captures Bats and Joker freaks and pushes her off a building and Batman decides to chase after him rather than go help her lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode, I was leery this was going to be another one of those shows appealing to the neckbeard in his mom's basement at first but was pleasantly surprised with the direction it went. It was quite fun if not a little immature in its raunchiness.

As for the Batman ignoring Harley thing, I just figured he somehow knew it was margarita mix. It could be a reference to the scene in the original animated series when Harley captures Bats and Joker freaks and pushes her off a building and Batman decides to chase after him rather than go help her lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ivy contacted Batman and told him the plan. I kind of feel like Bats would actually sign on to help with that especially if Ivy isn't actually hurting anyone.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this, fun premiere, though it seems weird that Ivy would care that much to the point of setting up an elaborate scheme with the Riddler. Well, whatever, it's a cartoon I guess.

At any rate, this is probably going to be much better than the upcoming movie lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this, fun premiere, though it seems weird that Ivy would care that much to the point of setting up an elaborate scheme with the Riddler. Well, whatever, it's a cartoon I guess.

At any rate, this is probably going to be much better than the upcoming movie lol
Apparently Lotus won't help his friend get over an abusive relationship

Also ivy probably wants to bang harley

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who giggled like a moron every time Kite Man opened his kite and knocked that girl into the punch bowl?

OP
OP
carlsojo

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Oh my god that Bane voice was so fucking funny.

"CAFFEINE IS MY RECKONING" on the coffee mug lol.

Ivy and Kite Man are my new ship, thank you. All aboard the SS Poison Kite. Hell yeah.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really good show. The cursing is really overboard though. I think you could still have it but just not at the frequency and this would be golden. The writing is that strong.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
At least they say it's going to be a special presentation, so unlike Canada (where this is apparently on Adult Swim) it doesn't look like they'll air the series on TBS. If they did, another nail in the coffin...