• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Starring:
Kaley "Bazinga" Cuoco as Harley Fucking Quinn

Lake Bell as Poison Fucking Ivy

Will try to add more to the OT as the show goes on!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Omg Jim Gordon what happened

Also even though it wasn't Acid it seems weird that Batman didn't even try to save Harley unless he somehow knew it wasn't acid

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have access to this, but I really love the animation and designs I've seen from it.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Is there homosexuality included in this series? I dont wanna watch it unless its censored in Russia

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how violent is this? I didn't really follow it so was expecting something like the animated series, but then the trailer showed the shark guy straight up decapitating someone.....

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ridiculously violent. I'm kind of amazed how far it goes.
Yup, the violent is offputting to me but the show has some good beats so far. Ivy's the best.

Also Riddler>Joker
Since 1966.

Omg Jim Gordon what happened

Also even though it wasn't Acid it seems weird that Batman didn't even try to save Harley unless he somehow knew it wasn't acid
I think the intention was mainly to show that Bats is a jerk.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Also for anyone who found Joker's voice familiar, it is Alan Tudyk who also voiced
tumblr_orz5wr70KN1u9427go1_400.jpg

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the violent is offputting to me but the show has some good beats so far. Ivy's the best.

Also Riddler>Joker
Since 1966.

I think the intention was mainly to show that Bats is a jerk.
That feels beyond being a jerk

Then again dude straight up is ignoring Gordon cry for help

Dude just wants coffee with his only friend

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I was worried that this series was going to have the same awful jokes from the recent seasons of Robot Chicken.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
It is surprisingly good. Thankfully the casual swearing can lead to some charming line delivery.

Oct 28, 2017
That was a good first episode but I think they went overboard with the cursing. Maybe that was just there to make an impression for the pilot episode and it won't be like this for the rest of the season.

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Right now I'm kind of digging that it's trying to pair wokeness and edginess. The jokes come fast enough that even most of them are duds, you'll still be laughing fairly regularly.

One issue I have, is that for something that's supposed to be an overtly feminist show, it's surprising that there are no women writers.

As for the romance angle, the co-creators say they do want to expore the Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn romance:

A lot of people are really into the romance between Harley and Ivy in the comics. Is that something you're hoping to explore more?

Halpern: Without giving too much away, that was something we wanted to explore. I won't tell you what happens. But yeah, that's certainly was of interest to us.

Schumacker: Yeah. I mean, we do a lot of setting the table in Season 1 of just the world of the show. If you are patient...

Halpern: It was important for us in Season 1 to not get her out of relationship and then suddenly get her into another one. We wanted it to just be about this self discovery, and not self discovery in terms of how I validate myself through other people. In the first season, we sort of stay away from too much of her being romantically involved in anything.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I've been meaning to upload this image for a while, and now that there's a HQ cartoon, please feel free to use it. (I actually wasn't super impressed with the first episode.)
r9CxnDM.png

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Finally an OT where I can be myself and talk about my extreme love of DCs best character. Harley Quinn

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Whatchu mean "?"
I am choosing to live in a reality where the is no way that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are not a couple and if this show has them as straight i dont wanna take part in it

Your post read very differently than what you meant. Only your avatar gave me pause.

As I have said in another thread, I don't think getting Harley in a relationship makes sense right now because Harley and Ivy as friends is a good dynamic to mine.

But sure hope that is a dynamic that is explored at some point.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Your post read very differently than what you meant. Only your avatar gave me pause.

As I have said in another thread, I don't think getting Harley in a relationship makes sense right now because Harley and Ivy as friends is a good dynamic to mine.

But sure hope that is a dynamic that is explored at some point.
So no lesbianism but no heterosexuality either? I can live with that?

Your post was worded poorly
What are you the police? Leave my bad posting skills alone

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched the episode twice already and will probably watch it some more.

As expected, it's absolutely incredible.

As for the eternal Harley x Poison Ivy discourse, my feelings remain unchanged. I don't like them as a couple, as I think they lack chemistry. Harley and Power Girl have infinitely more chemistry and play off of each other in fun ways. Hope Peegee gets added to the show sooner than later.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully ivy isn't a total kiss ass the entire time, that's already gotten old, she needs her own personality

rough in some areas, but overall enjoyable

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I've watched the episode twice already and will probably watch it some more.

As expected, it's absolutely incredible.

As for the eternal Harley x Poison Ivy discourse, my feelings remain unchanged. I don't like them as a couple, as I think they lack chemistry. Harley and Power Girl have infinitely more chemistry and play off of each other in fun ways. Hope Peegee gets added to the show sooner than later.
What series had the PG and Harley dynamic?