• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little bit upset at how unlikable Harley's become this season. I'm struggling to root for her at this point. TBH I'm mostly in it for Ivy and the crew. Like, Harley's hitting 'Daniel Way Deadpool' levels of just increasingly, relentlessly simplistic in a lot of ways, and while last episode had me optimistic, this one has me worry they're not gonna stick the landing.

Hope I'm wrong.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a little bit upset at how unlikable Harley's become this season. I'm struggling to root for her at this point. TBH I'm mostly in it for Ivy and the crew. Like, Harley's hitting 'Daniel Way Deadpool' levels of just increasingly, relentlessly simplistic in a lot of ways, and while last episode had me optimistic, this one has me worry they're not gonna stick the landing.

Hope I'm wrong.
In this episode it was definitely intentional since she was spiraling after her kiss with Ivy which Batgirl spurred even further by saying she's not a villain. They are definitely leading to her doing some crazy shit that goes too far so she has to be stopped, I think it will be good for her character development in the long run.

Anyway I loved King Shark blushing when Harley kissed him, and of COURSE Kite Mans mother is Mallory Archer haha

And the magical girl transformation was *chefs kiss*

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this episode it was definitely intentional since she was spiraling after her kiss with Ivy which Batgirl spurred even further by saying she's not a villain. They are definitely leading to her doing some crazy shit that goes too far so she has to be stopped, I think it will be good for her character development in the long run.

Anyway I loved King Shark blushing when Harley kissed him, and of COURSE Kite Mans mother is Mallory Archer haha

And the magical girl transformation was *chefs kiss*

Sure in this episode but what about every other one? The whole season has felt like she is forgetting the lessons of the first one. We had a whole episode about not taking advantage of her crew and treating them like henchmen and she got right back to it. She still treats everyone but Ivy poorly and now she's pulling Queen of Fables level slaughter.

"Good for her character development" is a pretty weak justification for murdering loads of random civilians. The problem is I am dangerously close to no longer giving a fuck about how she develops because she's gone beyond the pale. She's very close to being too far villainous for me to buy the development for.

It's like how I rolled my eyes at Dad Kratos in GOW4. After the shit he pulled in 3 he doesn't get a fourth act to put himself together in my eyes. I'm not on board with protagonists greasing the wheels of their personal growth with the livelihoods of other people.

But ultimately it's just a cartoon full of gonzo violence and I shouldn't overthink it.

Just a shame because I didn't feel it had to be. Maybe they'll surprise me, who knows. But I'm sour on Harley herself right now. Very sour.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
your mistake was that she actually learned anything until the last few episodes. everyone else around her have been learning and she's been oblivious to it

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say this is the first episode I didn't like so far. It wasn't fun and it was just meh overall. Might be a necessary evil though cause the show probably can't go for a fun episode right after what happened last episode.

Only good part of the episode for me was Kiteman and Ivy being a cool couple. I am still hoping they find a good way to break them off cause I really like Kiteman and would prefer he is still in the show even after the break up.

My reaction to Psycho leaving:
bye-b.gif

Never liked this guy. Now get Bane into the crew please!

Oct 25, 2017
Psycho grew on me, he had a good dynamic with the group, at least at the comedy level. He was the Moe to their Curly and Larry. Clayfaces acting joke went on too long and he just slaps him in the face, I love that shit because it was what I was thinking someone should do.

Is anybody actually sad Psycho left
Yes. Well not sad, but I liked the way he balanced king shark and clayface.

Last edited:

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sure in this episode but what about every other one? The whole season has felt like she is forgetting the lessons of the first one. We had a whole episode about not taking advantage of her crew and treating them like henchmen and she got right back to it. She still treats everyone but Ivy poorly and now she's pulling Queen of Fables level slaughter.

"Good for her character development" is a pretty weak justification for murdering loads of random civilians. The problem is I am dangerously close to no longer giving a fuck about how she develops because she's gone beyond the pale. She's very close to being too far villainous for me to buy the development for.

It's like how I rolled my eyes at Dad Kratos in GOW4. After the shit he pulled in 3 he doesn't get a fourth act to put himself together in my eyes. I'm not on board with protagonists greasing the wheels of their personal growth with the livelihoods of other people.

But ultimately it's just a cartoon full of gonzo violence and I shouldn't overthink it.

Just a shame because I didn't feel it had to be. Maybe they'll surprise me, who knows. But I'm sour on Harley herself right now. Very sour.

this. Harley is an awful person and it's getting closer to closer to be equally to Joker. Hope she realizes that.I get that this is a dark comedy show, but Harley being the main cause of the death of thousands of innocent people over and over is also Joker level of indifference.

Kitte-man is treated poorly by his parents, had a live if abuse, I get where he is, but most of the time he is such a whiny demanding baby when interacting with Ivy, with some crazy shit demands and just apologizing a moment after. That is also a form of abusive relationship. Ivy deserves better.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You really want Kite Man dead, huh.
Honestly, the constant shit posts about wanting him dead by them has really put me off this thread.

Just obsessed with shipping Harley and Ivy together, like we know they are getting together so please just leave it one week without constantly going on about how he needs to die...

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Best way to write Kite Man out is if he is the one to notice the thing between Harley and Ivy first, and breaks up with Ivy first, because he just wants her to be happy.

I really hope they do that and not a character assassination to make us root for the breakup

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people want Kite Man dead? He's precious. :(

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Best way to write Kite Man out is if he is the one to notice the thing between Harley and Ivy first, and breaks up with Ivy first, because he just wants her to be happy.

I really hope they do that and not a character assassination to make us root for the breakup
This is where I hope they go with it. The writing has been pretty smart so far, I don't expect them to fuck up the landing on this.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

I hope it's like that. He seems like the type of person that would do that.

firstseeker

Dec 4, 2019
Honestly, the constant shit posts about wanting him dead by them has really put me off this thread.

Just obsessed with shipping Harley and Ivy together, like we know they are getting together so please just leave it one week without constantly going on about how he needs to die...

It may be hard to believe but Youtube comments is the best place to talk about the show.

Don't even think about reading the harley quinn subreddit if you value your sanity!

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I seriously thought the show jumped the shark with Harley murdering so many people. Even she herself said she's not that kind of villain to Fables! Kind of a disturbing development and frankly I... don't see how she's redeemable now?

Anyway, I really love Kite Man as a character in this - he's the laughingstock of the villain world and literally an F-lister but he's got such insane confidence that he just doesn't care and I can see why Ivy would love that. One silver lining in this episode was that Ivy didn't seem to be all that into Harley in the beginning, so maybe she does stay with Kite Man. An interesting route they might take is forcing Ivy to choose between Kite Man and Harley and choosing him, thus enabling Harley to go full villain and maybe redeem her in the process.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno how this is a jump the shark moment myself, I'm completely desensitized to the constant violence on this show lol

Yes. Well not sad, but I liked the way he balanced king shark and clayface.

That's fair. I don't have anything against him really, but at the same time I think we all viewed him as the one guy in the team that would leave whenever he felt like it.

I think it's just one person here at this point

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I can't take the civilian deaths seriously. Harley's already been an accessory to mass-murder countless times. The show seems to play up the deaths of deliberately unnamed nobodies for gore-related yucks. I think you're expecting too much for the show to actually treat those deaths as real.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
You really want Kite Man dead, huh.
Only a little dead.

I mean I would trade Harley ivy together for replacing Kiteman for Condiment King

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 7 is fantastic. All that Bane! And Gordon
going Hot Fuzz on the station.
And of course
Harley and Ivy kiss!

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Shipping is a serious business to some people...but yea, it does get grating.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I can't take the civilian deaths seriously. Harley's already been an accessory to mass-murder countless times. The show seems to play up the deaths of deliberately unnamed nobodies for gore-related yucks. I think you're expecting too much for the show to actually treat those deaths as real.
Pretty much same. Immediately after the attack stops, Gordon rejoices in the fact that he was right not to back down, completely oblivious to the carnage surrounding him. It's all goofs.

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube and its stupid spoiler videos, I know it's an old problem but yes my wish came true I'm just very annoyed.

Seriously, everything is 'END SCENE END SCENE CHARACTER YOU LOVE RETURNS CHARACTER DIES DIES DIES'.

Is he going to be recurring?

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously thought the show jumped the shark with Harley murdering so many people. Even she herself said she's not that kind of villain to Fables! Kind of a disturbing development and frankly I... don't see how she's redeemable now?

She is a villain, she does not need to be redeemed?

Like, the crew has been killing innocent people since day one. They discourage reveling in the mass murder of innocents, but have never really been above it. We have seen King Shark bite the heads of 3 different people and try(?) to eat at least one.

Mass uncharacteristic murder like in this episode is clearly seen as a negative by both the crew and Ivy, but not a deal-breaker considering the fact that Harley is clearly not doing well (even if they don't know why).

The problem with Queen of Fables was always that she was exceptionally cruel and mass murder was her default mode. In short: Harley causes the murder of dozens of innocent people because she is going through some shit right now. Fables actively kills dozens of people because it's Tuesday.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly fucking weird they treated Queen of Fables as psycho and beyond even normal villains

But we're going to gloss over Harley murdering hundreds if not thousands of people in horrific ways

Especially when that episode made a point about Harley not being a bad person even though she's a villain

It's a comedy but that's still weird thing to gloss over

It'll be weird if Batgirl forgets that too

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly fucking weird they treated Queen of Fables as psycho and beyond even normal villains

But we're going to gloss over Harley murdering hundreds if not thousands of people in horrific ways

Especially when that episode made a point about Harley not being a bad person even though she's a villain

It's a comedy but that's still weird thing to gloss over

It'll be weird if Batgirl forgets that too

Exactly. My problem is they are trying to have their cake and eat it as well. I understand where the people who are saying it doesn't really matter because it's a comically violent show are coming from, but to me that doesn't hold water when they tried to establish earlier that Harley has limits that she's now ignoring and it's what made her a better person than Joker.

It just grates me a little that people seem so ready to let this massive lapse in ethics from Harley slide because it's over shipping angst. "She's only murdering loads of civilians so she can be redeemed later" is bonkers to me.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did not expect so many takes on these characters to be my new legit favorite takes in all of DC.

Clayface gets me every time.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. My problem is they are trying to have their cake and eat it as well. I understand where the people who are saying it doesn't really matter because it's a comically violent show are coming from, but to me that doesn't hold water when they tried to establish earlier that Harley has limits that she's now ignoring and it's what made her a better person than Joker.

It just grates me a little that people seem so ready to let this massive lapse in ethics from Harley slide because it's over shipping angst. "She's only murdering loads of civilians so she can be redeemed later" is bonkers to me.

I mean, if I really wanted to go all in on being aghast over Harley's actions, I wouldn't watch the show to begin with. It's been having its cake and eating it too from the start. We're rooting for several murderers after all lol

Now obviously everyone has their limits on how much violence Harley can cause before it's too much, but I'm definitely not at that point. That's just what happens when the show sets the tone from the start of being comically violent as hell. Can't really blame others for not really giving a shit, regardless of their reasoning. The show is practically begging us to feel detached for the most part.

I'm pretty much like her squad, in that I can pretty easily move past it so long as it's not some permanent turn for the character.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if I really wanted to go all in on being aghast over Harley's actions, I wouldn't watch the show to begin with. It's been having its cake and eating it too from the start. We're rooting for several murderers after all lol

Now obviously everyone has their limits on how much violence Harley can cause before it's too much, but I'm definitely not at that point. That's just what happens when the show sets the tone from the start of being comically violent as hell. Can't really blame others for not really giving a shit, regardless of their reasoning. The show is practically begging us to feel detached for the most part.

I'm pretty much like her squad, in that I can pretty easily move past it so long as it's not some permanent turn for the character.

Sure and I get that but if that's the case than the show itself needs to stop trying to convince us that there is a distinction. I'm not blaming you I'm just saying that they don't get to do this and also do the Queen of Fables arc. They're mutually exclusive. Either mass murder is okay or it isn't and you have to commit.

If the show is saying this is how it is then that's their choice but it's disingenuous to act like it's been like this the whole time. The entire first season very specifically only ever showed Harley killing enemy combatants or awful rich people. It isn't the same thing.

And yeah sometimes they slipped up like King Shark proclaiming he hates violence then starting to bite heads off security guards but that bothered me too.

Nov 1, 2017
Let's be honest, if each of us gained an army of parademons we'd all do some crazy things. Horrible crazy things. It's no ones faults, that's what erasers are for, not that it ever gets out the blood, nothing ever does. Always got to get a new shirt.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I feel like King Shark being all wholesome and claiming to be completely non-violent and friendly only to obliviously rip people's heads off without anyone commenting on it is incredibly funny.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like King Shark being all wholesome and claiming to be completely non-violent and friendly only to obliviously rip people's heads off without anyone commenting on it is incredibly funny.

That was one of the changes I dislike on the end of the 1st season. The whole "I have a problem with blood" thing was funny and defined the character as a non-violent one (true that is a one time joke that would never have worked again). Now he just gofrom super-friendly to murderous in a second (just like another psychopath).
Let's be honest, if each of us gained an army of parademons we'd all do some crazy things. Horrible crazy things. It's no ones faults, that's what erasers are for, not that it ever gets out the blood, nothing ever does. Always got to get a new shirt.

No one of us would actually look to have a parademons army in the first place (well I hope none of you are actually willing to get one).

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's how these ships escalate, the voice actor will be getting nasty DMs in no time, it's already jarring enough that i'm not posting in this thread that often but making the thread tóxic and uninviting is what make this thrilling to this kind of people in the first place.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
just saw Harley was finally getting the home video release.... and it's dvd only with no bonus features -_-