• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I started this last week and I wasn't sure about it. The first episode felt like it was trying way too hard to be mature. (How many times can we get our characters to say Fuck and Shit? How much blood and gore can we mash in? We have to convince the viewers that we're super mature and cool, you guyz.) But there was JUST enough that I liked about it to give it another episode. I'm four episodes in now, and I really, really like it.

This falls in line with the general consensus opinion.

I actually don't think the show so much dials this down as it just takes time for the shock to wear off.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This falls in line with the general consensus opinion.

I actually don't think the show so much dials this down as it just takes time for the shock to wear off.
no, it dials it down quite a bit, but every so often it cranks it back up. I've shown the first episode to multiple people, it's way worse with random swearing and violence than most of the other episodes.

The first episode def suffered from the issue most R rated things have that aren't typically R rated... they can't resist spending the first bit with a giant neon sign screaming I HAVE A R RATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
no, it dials it down quite a bit, but every so often it cranks it back up. I've shown the first episode to multiple people, it's way worse with random swearing and violence than most of the other episodes.

The first episode def suffered from the issue most R rated things have that aren't typically R rated... they can't resist spending the first bit with a giant neon sign screaming I HAVE A R RATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes sense. Every once in a while I notice something and I wonder if the show has just had me acclimated or did it spike.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

What are you fucking talking about there's no fucking problem with swearing

I think it's just overtime they stopped trying too hard and more confident not trying to seem mature and edgy and more naturally edgy and mature

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense. Every once in a while I notice something and I wonder if the show has just had me acclimated or did it spike.
They use the R rating for shock value later instead of just because they can. The main episode I'm talking about that spikes up hard is
The Queen of Fables release episode, as they are using the violence and R rating to show how horrible of a person the Queen of Fables is.

That's not to say there aren't still some jokes and scenes in there just because they can, but they don't have to try so hard to make sure people know it's not just a normal batman cartoon after the first episode.

What are you fucking talking about there's no fucking problem with swearing

I think it's just overtime they stopped trying too hard and more confident not trying to seem mature and edgy and more naturally edgy and mature
Yup. They know people who are watching past the first few episodes know they have a R rating, so they don't have to feel the need to try to hard and can just do what they want when they want to.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
The last episode was so good. Bane's Role as a warden was hilarious and it FINALLY happened!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's about damn time, though I do feel for Kite Man.

Hopefully Bane survived

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Great episode!

Not sure i like how they did it at the end... but at least they looks surprised themselves, curious to see hwo they'll tackle it in next ep

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
and there it is, great episode, though besides the obvious issue to address next week.

With Two-Face locked up and Bane stuck in the pit (at least, I hope he survived and is just stuck) what becomes of New Gotham's territories?

Also, you're a damn good cop Jim Gordon, hot damn at him recapturing the GCPD. Batgirl was pretty great as well.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode!

Not sure i like how they did it at the end... but at least they looks surprised themselves, curious to see hwo they'll tackle it in next ep

If the writers are not hacks, they will mine the living shit out of this for the rest of the season. Hell maybe into next season.

There is a story to be told after realizing those feelings and trying to make sense of them.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
and there it is, great episode, though besides the obvious issue to address next week.

With Two-Face locked up and Bane stuck in the pit (at least, I hope he survived and is just stuck) what becomes of New Gotham's territories?

Also, you're a damn good cop Jim Gordon, hot damn at him recapturing the GCPD. Batgirl was pretty great as well.
I'm pretty sure Bane survived. Even the showrunners said that they couldn't bring themselves to kill Bane. As for New Gotham, I'd imagine that Jim (with the re-established GCPD) & Barbara will help clean up the city until Bruce fully recovers. There's also the fact that Gotham is no longer part of the US, so that needs to be fixed. Not to mention that we don't know what Damian & Catwoman are up to since we last saw them (plus we know that Jason Todd and, by extension, Dick Grayson & Tim Drake exist).

With that said, I'm impressed that Gordon beat his alcohol addiction & single-handedly took back the GCPD (without Barbara's help, no less). You're a damn good cop, Jim.

Last edited:

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Bane survived. Even the showrunners said that they couldn't bring themselves to kill Bane. As for New Gotham, I'd imagine that Jim (with the re-established GCPD) & Barbara will help clean up the city until Bruce fully recovers. There's also the fact that Gotham is no longer part of the US, so that needs to be fixed. Not to mention that we don't know what Damian & Catwoman are up to since we last saw them (plus we know that Jason Todd and, by extension, Dick Grayson & Tim Drake exist).

With that said, I'm impressed that Gordon beat his alcohol addiction & single-handedly took back the GCPD (without Barbara's help, no less). You're a damn good cop, Jim.

The showrunners did say that Gordon would get his redemption arc, we'll probably see more of this towards the rest of the season. Also, I feel that Man-Bat would be a pretty decent attorney if only people would understand him....where's my Man-Bat: Ace Attorney photoshop internet?!

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
A sudden surprise, but I knew we were in for something special when it started with the Law and Order music.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode. The trial was really fun. Bane as the warden was great. I like that they showed the Pit to be a place where the inmates were actually making progress. Gordon's sobriety montage was A+. And dat ending. <3

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This episode was awesome. Bane was funny as always and Gordon returning to his former glory was really cool to see.

Now that ending... I am not sure if I wanted it to happen this way. Feels a bit too early for it to be done. Hopefully next episode is all about it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, it finally happened.

Gordon killing like 15 dudes, only to go ahead and just arrest Two Face, was so silly lol

And that George Lopez cameo was random

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am over the moon right now. I cannot wait to see how they tackle this development next week. Ahhhhh I'm so giddy!

Episode was fan.tas.tic!

Also, Jim, you're a damn good cop.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really enjoying this show but has anyone else noticed that the animation is extremely bright or are my tv settings fucked up on this app?

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I remember seeing a promo trailer for this and thinking it was really over the top and kind of cringy.

But then i started watching with a friend and holy shit it's so good! The dialog is insanely well written and always witty af. I love love love Poison Ivy and desperately want her as my roommate she's incredibly chill! And Harley's crew is killing me; Clayface is freaking hilarious and Dr Psycho is just the biggest ducking asshole ever. Starting season two and I'm really excited to see where they're going with this!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if Bane was gone they would have shown the body so he's definitely still in the show

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a promo trailer for this and thinking it was really over the top and kind of cringy.

But then i started watching with a friend and holy shit it's so good! The dialog is insanely well written and always witty af. I love love love Poison Ivy and desperately want her as my roommate she's incredibly chill! And Harley's crew is killing me; Clayface is freaking hilarious and Dr Psycho is just the biggest ducking asshole ever. Starting season two and I'm really excited to see where they're going with this!
So, a potential mind blown moment for you...

The Joker.... and Clayface.... are both the same voice actor :P

I know I didn't recognize Clayface was Alan Tudyk as well.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the episode but it felt a little rushed. Still I hope that means since they've covered so much ground in this episode it gives them more space to really focus on these new developments for the rest of the season

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
this has been a hot week for
queer kisses in animations. Harley and Ivy here, Adora and Catra, Spinderella and Netossa in She-ra
for the fans

Last edited:

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It's about damn time, though I do feel for Kite Man.

I'm not worried about Kiteman yet. Harley used to hate the guy until the Catwoman Ring episode and Ivy is too self aware to be the irredeemable asshole so I think we're heading towards an open relationship unless Kiteman attempts to screws that up by guilt tripping Harley.

I would happy if he doesn't have that character flaw.

If Jet Li was the voice of Jim Gordon that retake would've been a lot less surprising. LOL at the call back to Green Arrow vigilante logic.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Crazy how Warden Bane was actually having a better impact on inmates than Arkham ever did.

Nice to see Gordon get his redemption. Seeing Two-Face the only one that survived makes sense if you believe he still cares for his former attorney.

And hot damn, DC actually pulled the trigger. Take that Booster Gold!

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Crazy how Warden Bane was actually having a better impact on inmates than Arkham ever did.

Nice to see Gordon get his redemption. Seeing Two-Face the only one that survived makes sense if you believe he still cares for his former attorney.

And hot damn, DC actually pulled the trigger. Take that Booster Gold!
If anything, let Bane work at Arkham once everything gets fixed.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
If anything, let Bane work at Arkham once everything gets fixed.
That would be an interesting twist on villain redemption arcs. Give the villain a job and respect by his coworkers to redeem him. He doesn't have to be saving the world. He could just be really good at rehabilitating other villains.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
EYOUtFyXkAAuePJ

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Finally some worthwhile Gordon stuff, him being the one-note "he's drunk and also loves Batman" comedy character was getting a bit grating.

I was really worried for a sec they would play off the last scene for a "what? I'd never, ha ha" joke and I'm immensely glad they didn't.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of character development packed into this episode for so many characters is pretty astounding.

Also:
giphy.gif