• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Metal Slug set in the future with mechs?

In.
Breh, don't tell me you never played the Assault Suit series before? This is more inspired by the Assault Suit series than Metal Slug despite the SD look. Still I can get what you mean, those are some tight looking SD mechs.

Also this game was originally on Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1609568567/code-hardcore-the-coolest-2d-mecha-battle-game
...and looking through it, it is releasing on PC too at least.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I see you can hop out of the mechs, it really does look like a modern take on Metal Warriors.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be one of those low-key games people post gifs of in unrelated popular threads and cause others to go nuts.

I can practically "feel" the tight controls by looking at the trailer.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breh, don't tell me you never played the Assault Suit series before? This is more inspired by the Assault Suit series than Metal Slug despite the SD look. Still I can get what you mean, those are some tight looking SD mechs.

Also this game was originally on Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1609568567/code-hardcore-the-coolest-2d-mecha-battle-game
...and looking through it, it is releasing on PC too at least.

Weren't the Assault games about fighting in mechs?

This is both fighting on foot and entering mechs, very much like MS.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Metal Slug set in the future with mechs?

In.
Might be disappointed if you expect Metal Slug. To me it looks like slower "sim-like" mech side scrollers of old. But I could be wrong too. Or it's something in-between.

I'm thinking something like this Gigantic Army thing on Steam and the games the description says it pays homage to.

Edit: oh yeah I totally forgot about Assault Suit Leynos lol, that's got higher production values. There's also Gunhound EX.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
It's explicitly inspired by the Super Robot Wars series. The devs want to make the cutscenes playable, basically.

I played it last year at TGS and it's awesome.
Yeah, I was going to say, this looks familiar. We did see this last year, didn't we? Then we heard nothing about it since. Nice to see it's still in dev.

Reminds me a bit of Earth's Dawn.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might be disappointed if you expect Metal Slug. To me it looks like slower "sim-like" mech side scrollers of old. But I could be wrong too. Or it's something in-between.

I'm thinking something like this Gigantic Army thing on Steam and the games the description says it pays homage to.

Edit: oh yeah I totally forgot about Assault Suit Leynos lol, that's got higher production values. There's also Gunhound EX.

Yeah it can go either way, as long as the gameplay is tight it's all good though.

Would love for this game to turn out solid.

They were 2D side scrolling action games where your character is a mech suit.

Talking specifically about on foot and in mech combat. At one point in the trailer you see the pilot fighting on foot (ala Marco etc.) instead of in the mech.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played this at PAX. It was easily my game of the event and the folks they had there to represent it were very pleasant. It's the only indie game on my radar right now.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks fucking awesome.
Always super ultra ready for 2d mech action!
Just by looking at the gameplay, I can already "feel" it and it's mechanics. Makes my fingers excited to try it out by myself.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I followed this heavily during the kickstarter and right after. Then it just kind of disappeared, other than a few updates. I recall there being a somewhat active thread on the old site around the Kickstarter announcement too. Nice to see that it's still alive and so close to release. Arc System Works being involved doesn't surprise me. It was an ambitious project. I remember mentioning the it to Rising Star as Assault Suit Leynos had just launched in the US.

I kind of want to get it on release, but this seems like one of those titles that will get a limited physical release. Might just wait a bit to see if someone presses a disc.

Last edited: