• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Dan started Addendum in order to do shorter episodes than the main podcast, yet this latest instalment is two hours long. Lol

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything from Dan lately? Last Addendum was in June, and Supernova in the East II was in January.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

NEW HH IN 24 HOURS!
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know if I listened to Part 2. That's the hard part about such a long wait between episode. Do you guys relisten when a new one comes out?

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Dan was on Real Time last night and I don't usually watch the show unless it has a guest on that I enjoy hearing from. I was excited to watch it as I really miss his current events podcast Common Sense. He didn't really get to talk much but the times he did I felt were less condemning of the Trump administration's actions than I thought they would be.

One point he brought up was the DOJ being an arm of the president's administration not being something new. I feel like there is a difference between past administrations use of the DOJ than the Trump administration's uses have been and currently are.

I really hope we get a new Common Sense soon as I would like to hear his thoughts on what is currently going on in more depth than this show allowed for.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Dan was on Real Time last night and I don't usually watch the show unless it has a guest on that I enjoy hearing from. I was excited to watch it as I really miss his current events podcast Common Sense. He didn't really get to talk much but the times he did I felt were less condemning of the Trump administration's actions than I thought they would be.

One point he brought up was the DOJ being an arm of the president's administration not being something new. I feel like there is a difference between past administrations use of the DOJ than the Trump administration's uses have been and currently are.

I really hope we get a new Common Sense soon as I would like to hear his thoughts on what is currently going on in more depth than this show allowed for.
Dan's Common Sense has essentially been on hiatus since the Trump administration started. He seems like the type of political pundit that loves to talk about structures and what ifs but that is not willing to talk about those same issues the moment that they actually take place in real life.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Dan's Common Sense has essentially been on hiatus since the Trump administration started. He seems like the type of political pundit that loves to talk about structures and what ifs but that is not willing to talk about those same issues the moment that they actually take place in real life.

His political opinions always seemed staggeringly incoherent. Like his big thing was campaign finance and the corruption of the system by money, but he didn't care about inequality?

Oct 27, 2017
He mentioned something about Trump and his lack of episodes on the matter in an Addendum episode (late 2017). Basically saying something to the effect of he doesn't know what te fuck is going on and doesn't just want to throw stuff out there.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah his position on the Trump stuff has been confusing, I've felt a bit odd about Common Sense since he had that islamophobe on a couple of years ago

Nyrad

Oct 27, 2017
Dan's History Book "The End is Always Near" was released today and he narrated the 8 hour Audiobook himself! Amazing times.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Just so everyone interested in Dan's book is aware, he goes on a long side road talking about child abuse throughout history. I couldn't really handle it when I was last listening so just wanted to give a heads up to people sensitive to such things.

Given the kinds of things he usually talks about it's not that surprising but just wanted people to be aware.

(Also sorry to anyone who gets disappointed by the bump.)

Oct 26, 2017
Glad for the bump because I forgot to come back and discuss the 3rd part! What did everyone think? Personally, I felt it started strong, but it went downhill when he started talking about MacArthur. MacArthur was unique, odd, and hard to pin down. Dan wanted us to know this, yet he fell into the pit himself of being all over the place with MacArthur without a solid foundation that Dan came off like he was just rambling about the man. I didn't really get a coherent story or idea out of the whole thing? When he moved away from MacArthur, I felt the episode improve again, but it left me wondering what the hell I was supposed to take away from the MacArthur.