• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminded me it was Valentine's Day, so I sent a text to the wife saying Happy Valentine's Day. Thanks Era!

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
I picked up my boyfriend two new pairs of shoes, he doesn't have too many at the minute and what he wears seem a little ratty so thought it'd be useful to buy him some. It's my birthday tomorrow so he doubled up a Valentines/Bday present for me and now it hasn't arrived in time, I can tell he's stressed about it too which sucks

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A card and we'll order some good food tonight. She's pretty uninterested in Valentine's Day so after a few years of dating she told me to stop getting her flowers and chocolates. Does give us a good reason to eat out though, ordering in because we're weird dog people and feel guilty leaving them alone at night after we're at work all day. Plus I'm sure most places are mobbed tonight.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Oh, it's that time of the year again. Well then, time to contemplate ones lonely live

why-is-there-a-lonely-cow-at-the-beach-309718.jpg

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Taking my wonderful partner on a road trip to stay in three different 5* country house hotels with three different Michelin* restaurants lined up over the next 4 days.

He surprised me with this about an hour ago which will sit proudly next to the Swarovski Stormtrooper he bought me for my birthday last month.

hFzeCkZ.jpg

I friggin' love it.

Hello The Force!

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
weekend in paris.
She doesn't know yet. Flowers are being delivered to her as we speak with the a message on the card explaining our weekend.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
We usually don't do much on Valentine's Day itself. Usually go out on the weekend to dinner or something. This year we've got a 5 month old so we sadly can't go out. We have some nice desert items and might get take out this weekend from somewhere.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
A big bear, bear themed card, rhubarb and ginger gin and dozen roses. We're having steak and wine tonight. Rump & sirloin each... I like steak

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Me and her are going to spend a weekend at her place, just the two of us. Quality time that we've missed recently, as she was out of town for awhile (long story).

She'll get something small, but I'm more looking forward to getting a coffee and sitting in a café.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I got a year subscription to Sinemia for us. The couple package for 3 movies a month. We used to have Moviepass but cancelled it back in like September. She got me Pokemon Let's Go Eevee which I'm excited to finally play. I'll probably also try to stop and get some chocolates before I head over to her place because we're gonna go see a play this evening that she won tickets to.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
We don't usually do anything for Valentine's Day, just a card, and then we'll get dinner on the closest weekend night (and just avoid the dinner rush tonight). This year, I've been traveling a lot, and when I realized I would be away today, I made sure to do some flowers - tropical, because roses are lame.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Im making the most decadent chocolate cake and thats it. We dont do valentines day, so this is just a treat for both of us really.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Roses were surprisingly not marked up near me, so I grabbed my wife a dozen roses and a card. Less than $20 and we good.

Oct 27, 2017
A record but for some damn reason it takes more than a week to ship and they don't even tell you. All cause of free shipping:/

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We just called each other since she lives abroad. I don't feel much for Valentine's day without her being around so whatever.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm single this year but I did get my cat some new treats. A bit sad perhaps, but hey, she'll love 'em, and to be honest I've quite enjoyed being single. Not quite ready to start dating again.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nothing, I don't need a day marked in the calendar (by companies and marketing) to be nice to my wonderful wife.

WizardofPeace

Oct 27, 2017
I'm picking him up from work to go see Happy Death Day 2U, then I made reservations at a nice restaurant that he's been wanting to go to. My plan is to get the sappest love card and then get a blank card and write a message from my heart. At the end I'll put PS check under your seat, to find some earrings he's been eyeing.

Aurongel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing yet, she agreed a week ago to not do gifts this year and instead focus on having a nice sous vide steak dinner together followed by a bubble bath. Then yesterday she said she bought me gifts and when I put on a blank face she got mad because I hadn't done the shopping we agreed not to do yet. So now I get to spend my lunch break frantically putting something together :/

Oct 25, 2017
My 18th Valentine's Day with my wife (14th married). Goes up and down whether we do anything each year. Got her some silk Commando shorts.

Oct 28, 2017
I baked my gf a cheesecake... which I gave her at midnight because I love cheesecake almost as much as I love her and omg there's only 1 slice left.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me and wife never celebrate.

So I felt like shit this morning when I came downstairs after she'd left for work, to find a card.

Phoned in work, told them I'd be late. Got wifes spare car key, dropped kids to school, quick trip to shop for chocolates and nice stuff for lunch, then drove an hour to her work, put stuff in car and drove an hour back to my work.

She won't appreciate it, but least I won't feel guilty...

(who said romance is dead)

If that's romance then it is dead

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'm taking her to an escape room and sushi, and she got me some candy and knitted me a little doll of the guy from Hollow Knight lol.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nothing? Will probably write a card and get some small like a bar of chocolate or something. Going out to eat later. Doesn't feel like Valentine's Day. Been married 8 years.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I posted this in the other thread we had last week or so, but this is finally being delivered today (perfect timing):

il_570xN.1538509957_n1t3.jpg

I also got her another oxytocin shirt and a book of Amaguri patterns. We don't do much for Valentine's Day, just some small gifts. I think she got me a grooming kit for my beard and she's going to cook a special dinner tonight. Our romantic evening will be capped off by getting stoned and watching Dragon Ball Z.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I got my wife some of her favorite chocolates, a card that my daughter (4y/o) and I wrote in, and I also picked up candy for my daughter to give to my wife. Between my wife and I my daughter got 2 stuffed animals and 5 different kinds of candy. It's funny that since having a daughter it seems she kind of takes over a lot of holidays.

I'm stopping by the store on the way home to get some steaks and we are going to cook dinner together. Nobody wants to go out for a "Romantic" dinner on one of the busiest nights of the year with a 4 year old.