• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing, to be honest. We don't celebrate this kind of marketing events.
2000px-Microsoft_Edge_logo.svg.png

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Flowers and kind words.

Unimaginative, I know. She seemed delighted though.

Fortunately we're still at that early stage where even the slightest gesture is taken as the sweetest thing ever.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I farted really loud in bed.

We don't do Valentine's.

Edit: Side piece? Eh.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not related to valinetine and chocolate, but I'm gonna take my wife to a nice cafe this evening. There are lots of valentine promo today, buy 2 meals for 1 and something like that.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not getting anything for each other this year since I have no job till April. I always feel guilty about getting something because I'm bad at getting presents and it's kind of like triple damage for my partner, given my birthday is in Jan.

May 18, 2018
She getting what I got her last year. Me crying that I love her over the phone while she's trying to sleep.
Also no gf or side piece.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Girlfriend is currently mad at me for working of Valentine's and not sending her flowers. I am on my way with a fully homecooked meal with dessert of her favourite foods. An expensive bottle of wine and red roses. I actually was able to take the night off by working 6 days last week. Hopefully she isn't mad when I arrive!

Edit: Oh side piece?? I can barely manage one relationship lmao

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Taking my wonderful partner on a road trip to stay in three different 5* country house hotels with three different Michelin* restaurants lined up over the next 4 days.

He surprised me with this about an hour ago which will sit proudly next to the Swarovski Stormtrooper he bought me for my birthday last month.

hFzeCkZ.jpg

I friggin' love it.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
I was in my supermarket at 6am today and so many guys with thrown on clothes buying flowers, really pathetic!

(I have never had a GF on either Christmas, my birthday or Valentines day)

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wife has been wanting another tattoo, so i told her to go ahead and set up the appointment and treat that as her Valentines gift.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
In the morning, nothing, too much hassle with the kids and everyone needs to get ready for the day.

This evening, collecting and dropping the kids at the grandparents and the eldest at a friends house, and then taking the Mrs. to a nice restaurant after giving her a huge box of chocolates since she doesn't like to get flowers.

Still, i guess the biggest present for both of us is having a free evening without the kids. ^^

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Just some chocolates and a home-cooked dinner. It's our anniversary in a couple of weeks so we'll go out and celebrate then, when everything is less crowded and expensive.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing. Like a lot of others here, we don't do V-Day.

(We'll be going to the cinema, but that's unrelated)

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to try not to be passive-aggressive or stressed out for a whole day.

That's the greatest gift I can offer my love.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
I got my partner 'lovers in a dangerous spacetime' because i think disguising an unnecessary sense of panic and obligation in a package of romantic theming is really in the spirit of the holiday.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really, she's making dinner and I'm making desert. I'll bring flowers and champagne too.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Me and wife never celebrate.

So I felt like shit this morning when I came downstairs after she'd left for work, to find a card.

Phoned in work, told them I'd be late. Got wifes spare car key, dropped kids to school, quick trip to shop for chocolates and nice stuff for lunch, then drove an hour to her work, put stuff in car and drove an hour back to my work.

She won't appreciate it, but least I won't feel guilty...

(who said romance is dead)

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Never given any of my exes anything for valentines because i think it's stupid. Better to give something special on a random day instead.
And maybe that's why they are exes now....or not. Whatever.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't relegate showing affection just to the one day that is overmarkated and just tacky.

Oct 26, 2017
our anniversary is a week before valentines day, so we both treat it as the same thing.
made cupcakes (black bottom cupcakes(cheesecake filling)) showed up at her job and surprised her with them and dinner plans. :)

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get a card and flowers. We did a valentines dinner the other night. I despise this day, but if it makes her happy than I can deal.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Got the usual card and flowers. Slightly low key this year as I'm off to my step fathers funeral in 2 hours.