• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Do i have to vote at my designated voting spot if I have that card they mailed? For example I live in Toronto but the government thinks I live in Aurora and I dont want to go all the way there to vote. (I didnt change my address because I am living at a temporary place)

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Done my part on Friday, so did my parents. We arrived separately but ended up meeting each other at the polling place at the same time.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Will do the day of. Too all over the place to be doing it early, but it's nice to see all the advanced voter numbers increasing. Hopefully it means increased participation from all.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy I just checked 338canada and I didn't know Davenport was a toss-up. I have seen a LOT of NDP signs in the area but I didn't know they were projected to slightly win at the moment.

It certainly keeps things more interested when you live in a riding like this.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Someone from EC made a big deal on one of the morning shows last week about just showing bank and credit card statements on your phone as ID to vote. We don't have stupid voting laws like in some parts of the US.

Looking at the big list of accepted IDs, it seems like basically anything with your name on it is good enough. You can head to the polls with a library card and your phone bill if you want.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I voted between classes back on the 8th but it was a ballot I haven't seen before, rather than a simple check box it was just a blank line where I wrote in the name of the candidate I was voting for. What determines the type of ballot that is used?
That's called voting by special ballot. They use those ballots if you vote at an election Canada office or by mail. Useful for cases like me where I am overseas for the duration of the advanced polls / election days and needed to vote before the normal ballots were even printed.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
And done.

I couldn't remember the name of my MP so I decided to vote for the People's Party person. They're for the people, that's nice.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I recently moved and I'm still waiting for my voter card unfortunately. But I walked with my parents to their voting place and they voted NDP. They aren't really NDP voters normally but they don't Halifax to stay Liberal.