• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Early polls are still open today and tomorrow. Look at your voter card so you know where to go. If you're not registered, you can register at the polling place. They're open late! Bring a few forms of ID!

NOW GO DO IT. 🦃

More Info!

Last edited:

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I already voted for NDP but it was a special ballot. I wonder when they count those.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
The girlfriend and I went on Friday. Later that day I heard a news story about a lot of our local Election Canada offices being super busy, but luckily when we went there was no wait

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is one of the worst elections i can remember, ive been waffling on who to vote for because everyone seems like a throwaway vote. just a bunch of useless turds

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I voted this last Friday after work. Though my vote won't matter much since I live in Conservative Central (Alberta).

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
this is one of the worst elections i can remember, ive been waffling on who to vote for because everyone seems like a throwaway vote. just a bunch of useless turds
I can't recall an election campaign this utterly horrendous by all parties concerned.

Hopefully we get out of this mess with some kind of stable Liberal coalition government (with or without Trudeau - preferably without).

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Will be going either in a few minutes or in a couple hours.
But yes, please go vote!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Bank statement and many other things are good enough. You don't need photo ID.

Even expired ID works.
Its fine. Just grab a random piece of mail with your name on it out of the mailbox and bring that. They'll fill out an address change form and call it a day

Yea, I did not bother to look at other acceptable forms of id. Guess all I'll need is my phone alongside my un-expired but not containing current address, driver's license because.... e bills.

Thanks.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I voted yesterday. I'm all good.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yea, I did not bother to look at other acceptable forms of id. Guess all I'll need is my phone alongside my un-expired but not containing current address, driver's license because.... e bills.

Thanks.
Someone from EC made a big deal on one of the morning shows last week about just showing bank and credit card statements on your phone as ID to vote. We don't have stupid voting laws like in some parts of the US.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I've been hanging around Toronto and apparently up here red means liberal and blue means conservative

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Someone from EC made a big deal on one of the morning shows last week about just showing bank and credit card statements on your phone as ID to vote. We don't have stupid voting laws like in some parts of the US.

Are they afraid of travelling caravans from other provinces carrying minorities to come in and vote LPC or NPD?

Sign

Oct 31, 2017
I voted between classes back on the 8th but it was a ballot I haven't seen before, rather than a simple check box it was just a blank line where I wrote in the name of the candidate I was voting for. What determines the type of ballot that is used?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I voted between classes back on the 8th but it was a ballot I haven't seen before, rather than a simple check box it was just a blank line where I wrote in the name of the candidate I was voting for. What determines the type of ballot that is used?
They use a different ballot at an Elections Canada office compared to polling stations.

OP
OP
Hours Left

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget tomorrow if you didn't/can't make it today. Canada has one of the most flexible systems for voting, so take advantage of it.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I could vote now, but then I wouldn't be able to force my boss to let me off work early on voting day.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah. Who's polling ahead in Burnaby South? I'd like to go NDP but I'll go libs if it's more strategemical

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I know, but I'm not sure which one has the best chance of winning my riding
I would check last election's election results.
Partial polls for this year aren't good enough an indicator since they are such small samples.

Last election's results are way more representative of the voter base.