• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Semi-tragedy: No Raisin Bran or Raisin Bran Crunch
Real tragedy: No Cracklin' Oat Bran

Apple Jacks are garbage cereal. Just like Frosted Flakes. I am seriously in awe anytime someone says they like Frosted Flakes. Whatever that glaze is they cover that cereal in makes it disgusting.

axSiGm9.png

Oct 27, 2017
I have been eating Cheerios since I can remember. Not all the time, but on the weekends, I still indulge. Occasionally Lucky Charms but only for a few before it's sugar overwhelms me.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I don't buy cereal that much but I do love me some Fruity Pebbles. It's as subtle as a bag of hammers and maybe 90% I like it is nostalgia but man do I like it.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I couldn't tell you the last time I ate a bowl of cereal, but I loves me some Fruity Pebbles. It's the GOAT for my money.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll never understand how people can eat a bowl of cereal and feel good afterwards. It's basically like eating a fat slice of cake and washing it down with some milk.

Oct 27, 2017
Fruity Pebbles taste like you somehow dehydrated Froot Loops even more and then poured some form of detergent on top. It always has this weird chemical taste I can't place.

If I would not gain 100lbs and then die of adult onset diabetes I would eat puffed wheat in chocolate milk everyday

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I love breakfast cereal but it really sucks when the sugar content is right there on the front of the box these days. I try not to eat the sugary stuff but it's hard to resist sometimes.

Also my wife bought me one of those hotel-style dispensers for Christmas and it's awesome.

They're still selling this? I only ever found it once at my local Publix. :<

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
The more I think about it, I think I don't like the cereals with big individual pieces. Which is why growing up I don't think I ever really liked Apple Jacks or Cocoa Puffs but loved stuff like Cocoa/Fruity Pebbles.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
basically super sugary fruit tasting Rice Krispies. only a little smaller.. and they get soggy in milk in ~1.5 seconds. They may even be soggy moments before the milk actually touches them. This needs to be scientifically confirmed.

They are so absorbent that I assume they leech vapor from the air.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never even heard of Life.

I like good old Corn Flakes and Cheerios. I don't really like sweet cereals. I can't remember the last time I had cereal, really. Maybe at a hotel breakfast bar.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
1. Cheerios
2. Honey Nut Cheerios
3. Frosted Flakes
5. Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Fuck yeah! Top 5!)
6. Lucky Charms
7. Froot Loops
8. Frosted Mini Wheats
9. Life

Seems I eat most of the top 10. Used to love Fruity Pebbles but they went weird tasting some years back an besides, Cocoa Pebbles are way superior anyhows. Whatever happened to the "red box" Frosted Mini Wheats? The ones where pieces were so large if ya snapped 'em in half they'd be about the same size as the current default ones. Those were much better. Any *food: but smaller!* is always worse then the original sized version.

Nobody likes Life Cereal. I refuse to believe that is true. Its cardboard in a cardboard box.
I like an still eat Life. Granted I liked it more back when ya could pick one up an see the lil sugar crystals in 'em (would just snack on 'em right outta the box) but they're still alright by me!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
not surprised that CTC is "only" #5. Three of the top 5 are "healthy" cereals (ok, Cheerios is legit healthy), and Frosted Flakes is usually considered the "healthiest" sugar cereal.

but in our hearts, CTC is #1 with a bullet.

if fruity pebbles stayed crunchier for more than 3 seconds in milk it would probably be #2 (after CTC)

Let's be friends. CTC is the GOAT.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Who else used to separate all their marshmallows in Lucky Charms, eat the actual cereal first, and then have a bowl of just sugar?