• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
I made video math lessons for my students during the transition to online learning back in the Spring. I recorded my document camera so that all you see were my hands writing notes and doing example problems.

Got an email from a parent saying my videos were great but i would often block what i previously wrote as i kept writing and to find a way to stop that.

It was so hard to not reply back "IM A LEFTIE DEAL WITH IT ASSHOLE!" :P

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
My handwriting is terrible,
ballpoint pens don't work,
I can't sign for my credit card on the first try ever,
I open apps with the side of my hand on the regular,
I can't hold scissors without them getting all weird and stuck,
I have to remap my keyboard for literally every game I play,
I played guitar hero upside down,
and legend says that one time I picked up a measuring cup and it wasn't facing the metric side

this is my life

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm an "artistic" left handed : writing, drawing, playing musical instruments... All lefty.
But for everything else, everything that is more "grounded", right hand.
Now which hand do you think I jerk with ?

Happy left handers day.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's embarrassing how long it took me to realise that right-handers don't get smudged hands when writing; I just thought it was a common nuisance that afflicted everybody 🤣

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
^ you two are cross-dominant like me. Main hand is still dominant, but use other hand for other various tasks, right? Ye look up cross-dominance. Ambidextrous is when you can use both hands for all tasks. So technically not true lefties (or righties, whichever is your cup of tea)

Anyways lefties, We da bess

Last edited:

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Paper. The nemesis of lefties across the world.

kTT6O.jpg
LMAO

never forget

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Dear, Right-Handers. Please sit to the right of your fellow Left-Handers. We don't appreciate bumping elbows when we eat.

Oct 29, 2017
^ you two are cross-dominant like me. Main hand is still dominant, but use other hand for other various tasks, right? Ye look up cross-dominance. Ambidextrous is when you can use both hands for all tasks. So technically not true lefties (or righties, whichever is your cup of tea)

Anyways lefties, We da bess
Thanks. I looked up cross-dominant handed people. Apparently it's an sign of an learning disability

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I don't do left handed as much is shooting (can shoot left as well, but more comfortable with right), because my right eye is much better than my left.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for a day where we can acknowledge how all desks at school are extremely uncomfortable and can vent about ink being smudged all over our hand.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Dear, Right-Handers. Please sit to the right of your fellow Left-Handers. We don't appreciate bumping elbows when we eat.

I once ate at a teppanyaki place with a friend and the rest of the people around the grill were strangers. The guy next to me said "hey, as a heads up, I'm left-handed, I don't mean to bump into you." I told him that I was also left-handed, and the guy on the other side of him said "hey, me too!" so everything worked out perfectly.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Pour one out for all left handers who have/had to sit in desks made for right handed people.

Deleted member 1432

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paper. The nemesis of lefties across the world.

kTT6O.jpg
When I was little, I came up with a decent solution: I would grab an extra sheet of paper and rest my hand very lightly and then that piece of paper would get all of the ink stains. It pays to clean freak. This is also the same kid who ate literally everything with a fork. Yes, that even means hotdogs and pizza.....I promise I don't do that now.

sometimes

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Pour one out for all left handers who have/had to sit in desks made for right handed people.
r48HJKz.jpg

This garbage was made my life hell in college. They did remodel some of the lecture halls during my year so there were lefty seats on the left side, but by then my classes were n smaller classrooms. This was during the 90's but that was still too late to have that at a university.

Happy Lefty day! I do most things lefty, but I throw right handed boomerangs with my left hand. It maximizes my weirdness.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm left-handed, but I grew up with literally no one else around me that was left handed. So while I write with my left hand, I do pretty much everything else with my right. Like using scissors. I also still can't tie my shoes tightly enough as no one could teach me well enough. So I always double-knot them. I had velcro shoes up into high school. Fuck, left-handedness aside, I'm 40 and I'd STILL wear velcro shoes if I could find some these days.