• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Happy Friday the 13th Everyone!!!

How are you going to celebrate our boy Jason today? Check out the Friday the 13th video game? Watch one of his movies? I've got a Jason shirt and necklace on today!

I hopefully can fit a movie in, but primarily I'll be watching the Joe Bob's last drive in new Friday the 13th episode tonight! If only I took today off of work..

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to boot up Friday the 13th: The Game on PS4 tonight for sure! I bet it's going to be hella active haha.

I'll try to watch Friday the 13th Part 4: Jason Lives, too. That's my favorite Friday movie. Love zombie Jason coming back from the dead.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'll probably watch 3D and maybe Freddy vs Jason later. I got the big Shout box set and I love it. I wish it had Crystal Lake Memories though, I may have enjoyed that more than the films.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I have the Blu-ray set, so I'll probably fire them up tonight and watch the Crystal Lake Memories documentary on Shudder until then.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The 2009 Friday the 13th is on Netflix, and I decided to watch that. So now I've seen everything except the His Name Was Jason documentary, and I've already seen Crystal Lake Memories.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
The kid already brought it up to me. We spent the last two F13's watching parts 2&3. I know part 4 goes harder on the adult content, so I'm quietly debating the whole thing unbeknownst to her. Granted, she's getting older. I'll probably give in. It's also one of the best ones.

I still really need to watch Crystal Lake memories, should really make time.

It's fandamntastic.

It's the runtime of Crystal Lake Memories that always discourage me from watching it. Isn't it a 5 or 6 hour documentary?

5 or 6 hours? Nah, that's silly.

It's almost 7!

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I preferred the book version of Crystal Lake Memories over the documentary, but they're both really good if you're a fan of the series.

Throwing out a few recommendations for those who might be seeking something new on this joyous day:

These are decent fan films if you haven't seen them:

This isn't Friday the 13th, but it's really good and was clearly heavily inspired by it:

Also, this is the best Jason:

image-asset.png

How was the remake? I don't think I've ever watched it.

It's one of my favorites in the series. The first 30-40 minutes is especially good.

Sep 2, 2018

"It's like this... we live in claustrophobia, the land of steel and concrete. Trapped by dark waters. There is no escape. Nor do we want it. We've come to thrive on it and each other. You can't get the adrenaline pumping without the terror, good people. I love this town."

Last edited:
OP
OP
AliceAmber

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I decided to squeeze in part 5, I watched 4 2 months ago.

And 1 on mothers day hehe

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Did anyone else get bummed out when they found out that the thirteenth falling on a Friday isn't even that special, given that the thirteenth falling on a Friday is statistically higher than all the other days? Boo.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
How was the remake? I don't think I've ever watched it.

It has one of the best prologues in horror film history. And then it goes so far into wanting to emulate the original movies that it becomes almost parody. That being said, it has the best Jason since Kane Hodder.

You'll see what I mean when you reach the "you have perfect nipple placement baby" scene.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Its my birthday today. I'm pretty hungover so I'm just laying down and watching the Celtics game. Anywhere to watch the Friday the 13th movies? I think the only one I own is the newest movie.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you check out Never Hike Alone / Never Hike In the Snow, a fan-film mini-franchise. Tommy even shows up!