• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I enjoyed it much more than friends, the cast had such great chemistry and it's a shame the show got cancelled.

p_xavier

Jan 8, 2018
Friends was a show for Gen-X, everything about apparences (heck, situations were about to save face and lie through it).

Happy Endings was the Millennial version of it (thus the opposite), doing stupid things to get your point on.

I never got Friends as most situations could have been solved in 5 minutes just in being honest.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Just bought the full series on iTunes for 15 bucks. Not as great a deal as last week's full series of You're the Worst for 10 bucks, but still good.

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
And what a TV show that would have been, right?

I never understood why Happy Endings only made it 3 seasons. Show was really fantastic.
Because ABC didn't believe in it. They aired the original episodes out of order, and then if I remember correctly, they never really committed to the next two seasons as far as scheduling them normally.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Because ABC didn't believe in it. They aired the original episodes out of order, and then if I remember correctly, they never really committed to the next two seasons as far as scheduling them normally.

Oh shit, I forgot about that. My PLEX server hates this show because so much of it is fucked up on the database, ha.

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I love the show but sometimes it was a bit too much for my introverted self because all the characters were just too high energy.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
TBS was gonna save it but picked American Dad instead :-(

I really liked AD, but would easily trade its later seasons.......

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Well friends sucks and is a really bad show it's hard to be worse.

Chandler: Could I BE mugging any harder?
*Audience laugh track*

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Another upside of this show is that we got Winston on New Girl because of Happy Endings.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still think about this show sometimes. Penny was an amahzing Phoebe 2.0 and Max was probably the most relatable gay character I've ever seen on tv. A robbed legend.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Show was on the worst time possible,when the viewership of the major networks started to really decline and cancelled just before the streaming boon,if it was on for a couple years more or started a couple years later i believe we would be watching new episodes right now
It actually did pretty decently when it was paired with Modern Family, but then they decided to shuffle it around to different nights (including friday iirc) for season three as well as taking multiple breaks between new episodes.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hadn't heard of this show so I watched season 1 last night, holy shit it's funny. Got a bit confused by the episode order so I went online and found the order the showrunners intended. Can't believe abc decided to change the order of the episodes, I know it's happened to a few shows but it just messes up the storyline. Looking forward to seasons 2 and 3.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I feel like Brad and Jane were the real RelationshipGoals.

giphy.gif

I mean aside from the whole bit where she gaslights him for years on end. Jane is kindof a terrible person. The difference is that HE actually calls her on it. The joke is that she's psychotic and controlling and descended from escaped serbian war criminals.

Also dave+penny is everything.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
One of the best shows I've watched and a real injustice. They keep trying to revive it - probably too late now though. The Season 4, Episode 1 table read they did was really funny too :(

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
I liked it but it was way cringe than anything in friends or even how I met your mother. No character actually felt real at all. They were all stereo types.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Endings is one of the few shows where I think the characters being joke delivery mechanisms is a feature, not a bug. It's a balance where the characters all seem to enjoy each others' company and the gags themselves are just. so. good.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Friends from College was amazing. Shame Netflix cancelled it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That would be New Girl for me, especially with the epilogue season showing what their lives are like after going through that phase between college and settling down. I know not everything needs closure, but friends definitely sucked with them leaving the apartments as the ending, I would have wanted one or two episodes set 10 years later.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Endings is one of the few shows where I think the characters being joke delivery mechanisms is a feature, not a bug. It's a balance where the characters all seem to enjoy each others' company and the gags themselves are just. so. good.
It's really amazing how well the actors played off each other from the very first episode.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
It's really amazing how well the actors played off each other from the very first episode.

From all the interviews I've read about the show it seems like the energy on set was a lot of fun and you can see that on the screen. I love that you could basically create any combination of the characters and you wouldn't have to worry if they could play off each other.