• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
No thanks! Taking a year off, we'll see how things look in 2021.

Saturday is National Caesar Salad Day.

qZeoOpG.png
Nice, Caesar salad is pretty good. Finally something worth celebrating today!

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
This is like waking up in the ER and realizing its your birthday. I spent my 20th birthday in a military CS gas (tear gas) chamber. This feels like that.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
6xstwpW.jpg

America is a hell of a country, it's just a shame about most of the people that live here

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm only half american but i will celebrate in fortnite today with the 2000 vbuck steve rogers skin

salute and cheers

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Some of Lincoln's thoughts on Dredd Scott seem appropriate.

What constitutes the bulwark of our own liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements, our bristling sea coasts, the guns of our war steamers, or the strength of our gallant and disciplined army. These are not our reliance against a resumption of tyranny in our fair land. All of them may be turned against our liberties, without making us stronger or weaker for the struggle. Our reliance is in the love of liberty which God has planted in our bosoms. Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as the heritage of all men, in all lands, every where. Destroy this spirit, and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors. Familiarize yourselves with the chains of bondage, and you are preparing your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trample on the rights of those around you, you have lost the genius of your own independence, and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises. And let me tell you, all these things are prepared for you with the logic of history, if the elections shall promise that the next Dred Scott decision and all future decisions will be quietly acquiesced in by the people

America's cool dad wishes his baby a happy birthday.

tHHizf6.jpg

:)

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every day we're looking more and more like what we satirized or surmised about ourselves in dystopian fiction.

I didn't think I could hate or feel more worthless than when this country invaded the Middle East the first time in my life, but I have to say, this year and our response to COVID takes the fucking cake.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
considering the atrocities on which the country was founded, the atrocities on which its wealth was built, and the atrocities carried out today by the government against citizens, refugees and civilians in foreign countries, what exactly is there to celebrate?

not saying other countries are better. nationalism and patriotism are just inherently toxic

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Imma drink some crappy beer and watch jaws.

Weird how analogous them wanting to keep the beach open despite the shark aligns with covid

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Just finished a book about the US' involvement in the murder of up to a million Indonesians in the 60s due to them being "communists". In general the US loved to prop up fascist dictatorships in the 50s-70s and help them kill people for being even slightly leftist while we pat ourselves in the back for standing up to fascism in WWII. Hard to celebrate the US after learning all that.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell, I'll post one optimistic quote! From Edward Murrow-

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men – not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate, and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

As someone who immigrated to this country, its pretty ass so far.
under-construction-GIF.gif

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
All any of us do to be someone from a country is um, nothing. Your dad shot a load inside your mum and all going well with Biology you pop out. Then its indoctrination all the way. Then death. Not much to celebrate really when you think about it. Still have a nice day American Era if you can.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
-06unrest-saturday-17-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

American flag flown upside down at a Black Lives Matter protest, the significance of flying the flag upside down:

Flying a flag upside down is pretty much a universal way of saying "fuck the country whose flag I'm waving upside down".
It's like flag burning lite.

I don't know what that person intention, but I would venture to guess that most people who fly upside down flags all over the world are not thinking about US flag code first and foremost.