• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't come with this, do you live in any country that has been subjugated because of imperialism? It doesnt matter if it is for a "good cause" or not
I live in a country under the control of nazis and white supremacists who recently just tried to take away my rights to medical aid, so yes, i would actively enjoy an emperor who supported gays/minorities

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the church is not a nation nor should be making that call on the citizens on the Kingdom.

Also execution without trial is super messed up. Not to mention helps TWSITD by tieing up any loose ends for them, so it's incredibly stupid too.
Nah you know what's stupid? Almost getting killed by your own assassin and getting out-thought by someone with less information than you do just because they opted to go to the library

Also you're confusing Lonato with the church dudes who got sent off to be executed after the whole assassination graverobbing murder thing. The people from Lonato got killed on the battlefield.

• Shamir: Inciting a Kingdom noble to rebel. Unlawful entry. The attempted assassination of the archbishop. An attack on the Holy Mausoleum. It is unnecessary to go on, followers of the Western Church.
  • Priest: What?! We have nothing to do with the Western Church!
  • Seteth: You have already been identified. Please spare us your second-rate theater.
  • Rhea: Dishonoring a holy ceremony is worthy of death for a member of the church. You are well past the hope of redemption. If you have any grace remaining, you will willingly offer your life as atonement for this crime.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard, showing that all it takes is a pretty face for people to follow a
fascist

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
images
Because the US is the only country that occupied germany after WW2....

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They dont conquer anything, they just unify a destroyed land because the war of conquest Edelgard initiated.
If they are imperialist so are the allied powers after ww2 because they occupied germany.
The Soviets conquering every country between them and Germany was absolutely imperialism in all but name. In fact, starting out in a defensive war, taking land when the war turns in the defender's favor, then installing conquer-friendly leaders in the occupied lands to add them to the union is a pretty good summary of what Claude does in VW.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a country under the control of nazis and white supremacists who recently just tried to take away my rights to medical aid, so yes, i would actively enjoy an emperor who supported gays/minorities
The game has nothing of this supporting gay/minorities, this is all projecting. In fact Edelgard herself was bigoted against the children of the goddess
And I guess you are a brazilian like me so you have even more of a reason to not accept an autocrat

Oct 25, 2017
fascist
Sigh ...

I don't like Rhea. Rhea made me uncomfortable. Rhea needed to be called out on her shit. I went with the character that actually stood against her.

Y'all were on this "y'all only like her because she's hot" since the game came out and no one knew the twists.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Soviets conquering every country between them and Germany was absolutely imperialism in all but name. In fact, starting out in a defensive war, taking land when the war turns in the defender's favor, then installing conquer-friendly leaders in the occupied lands to add them to the union is a pretty good summary of what Claude does in VW.
You act like Byleth is a Claude's puppet, he isnt

knight_cream

Jun 11, 2018
NYC
I'm on my first playthrough and was EXTREMELY disappointed to realize that I missed my chance to take Edelgard's route. I am miffed to say the least. Now I have to play through all of that again with the same house? ugh.

Side question about the game in general: How important are activities? Like... I kind of hate the dining and the sauna and getting everyone to like me, etc. Unless it's with gay icon Manuela, she's great. Otherwise I really just want to fight. Whenever I'm in the academy I just get nostalgic for classic FE.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game has nothing of this supporting gay/minorities, this is all projecting. In fact Edelgard herself was bigoted against the children of the goddess
And I guess you are a brazilian like me so you have even more of a reason to not accept an autocrat
Shes both bi and a woman, she would support both of those aspects of herself in others

also you cant be bigoted against your oppressors.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on my first playthrough and was EXTREMELY disappointed to realize that I missed my chance to take Edelgard's route. I am miffed to say the least. Now I have to play through all of that again with the same house? ugh.

Side question about the game in general: How important are activities? Like... I kind of hate the dining and the sauna and getting everyone to like me, etc. Unless it's with gay icon Manuela, she's great. Otherwise I really just want to fight. Whenever I'm in the academy I just get nostalgic for classic FE.
They're only important for recruiting and if you're on new game plus you don't need to do much of that if you're not trying to recruit.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shes both bi and a woman, she would support both of those aspects of herself in others

Rhea never oppressed Edelgard, the ones that did everything to her family were the dubsteppers
By your logic Rhea was right in doing everything she did because humans genocided her family

Oct 25, 2017
So we're really gonna do this every Three Houses thread, huh. Same exact people going off making the exact same posts from the last thread, to what purpose, I genuinely don't know.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

There is a lot to be said about Edelgard's role as a feminist in Three Houses, in fact

tl;dr
The crest system of Fodlan is inherently sexist and dehumanizing. Tearing down the system is also a fight for women's biological right.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Great lord and character, regardless of the surrounding discourse (and dear god, another predictable thread derail by the usual suspects who can't help themselves).

If there's one thing that Three Houses succeeded at in spades, it was creating interesting and compelling lords on a level that the series hasn't come very close to previously.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
fascist
none of her ideologies match fascism at all.
Rhea never oppressed Edelgard, the ones that did everything to her family were the dubsteppers
By your logic Rhea was right in doing everything she did because humans genocided her family
Rhea created the class system that oppressed so much of Fodlin for 1000 years, and did nothing about it while making sure to suppress technological growth.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol Jesus Christ

Please never get close to the reins of power.
trump is literally a fucking nazi

capitalism is actively destroying the world and furthering our own class divide to the point that a tiny percent of people are morbidly wealthy while everyone else is a paycheck or two away from poverty

an emperor who stands for whats right and forced governments into respecting it's citizens lives would be a literal fucking dream

i value mine and other minority lives more than i believe the weird notion that democracy actually works

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Her lethalness on the field is in direct contrast to her personality. That's the appeal.

And her backstory is sad as fuck.
Having her pair up with Jeritza in Crimson Flower has the best "Wait, did I read that right?" ending card.
"At the same time, a mysterious guest arrived in Varley territory, which Bernadetta inherited from her father..."

So she befriends the Death Knight, and suddenly inherits her land from her monster of a father? He probably died a completely natural death where he was impaled eleven times on a scythe and dragged behind a horse. Perfectly natural for a noble.

I love that ending.

Having her pair up with Jeritza in Crimson Flower has the best "Wait, did I read that right?" ending card.
"At the same time, a mysterious guest arrived in Varley territory, which Bernadetta inherited from her father..."

So she befriends the Death Knight, and suddenly inherits her land from her monster of a father? He probably died a completely natural death where he was impaled eleven times on a scythe and dragged behind a horse. Perfectly natural for a noble.

I love that ending.

Jeritza is a sweet sweet boy

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
none of her ideologies match fascism at all.

Rhea created the class system that oppressed so much of Fodlin for 1000 years, and did nothing about it while making sure to suppress technological growth.
She didnt intentionally create the class system, she only lied about the origin of crests so she could make sure the nobles would never try to attack her to obtain power, there is nothing implying that nobles didnt exist before Rhea did what her did.
Also I am not defending rhea, she abused her powers to make sure humanity would never be adavaced enogh to menace her, but like I said she had her reasons.

Anyway the ones that caused all the suffering for edelgard were mainly the dubsteppers, even the crests can be mainly atributed to them because the heroes adquired crests by killing rhea's family

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
-Noooo, you can't like Edelgard, you are literally Hitler!
-Haha Crimson flower goes brrrr.

IS is gonna give us another fates because we can't clearly deal with morally grey characters.

His ending with Mercedes is also very sweet.
You can like her, the problem comes from people thinking she is a paragon of heroism and justice.
One of my favourite characters is Arvis, but I will never say he did nothing wrong.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

I don't know how you can be brazilian and leftist and still side with Rhea. She reminded me so much of our terrible evangelical government that I couldn't in any way see eye to eye to her.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
She didnt intentionally create the class system, she only lied about the origin of crests so she could make sure the nobles would never try to attack her to obtain power, there is nothing implying that nobles didnt exist before Rhea did what her did.
Also I am not defending rhea, she abused her powers to make sure humanity would never be adavaced enogh to menace her, but like I said she had her reasons.

Anyway the ones that caused all the suffering for edelgard were mainly the dubsteppers, even the crests can be mainly atributed to them because the heroes adquired crests by killing rhea's family
There is one group of nobles we do know she is directly responsible for creating.
The Hresvelgs.

While the genocide against her people is unforgivable, her actions in building up a religion and army that would go on to conquer the whole continent and create the Empire, including giving her crest to the Hresvelg family, are a major reason for the existence of the nobility system as we see it in the present. Ultimately Rhea wins her war of conquest and gets to be the one to shape history, and plenty of time to reshape it if it didn't go as she liked.

There's a tragedy to all that. The parallels of Edelgard and Rhea both being wronged by TWSITD, and history repeating of them both targeting someone else first in a continent wide war. It's a far more interesting story to discuss, but all we really get with discussions on this game is a back and forth of "is Edelgard right?" :/

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
So we're really gonna do this every Three Houses thread, huh. Same exact people going off making the exact same posts from the last thread, to what purpose, I genuinely don't know.
Might as well just copy and save our own replies so we can re use them for the next Edelgard/3H thread, and again, and again

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you can be brazilian and leftist and still side with Rhea. She reminded me so much of our terrible evangelical government that I couldn't in any way see eye to eye to her.
?? I dont side with Rhea, for me she and Edelgard are very similar
There is one group of nobles we do know she is directly responsible for creating.
The Hresvelgs.

While the genocide against her people is unforgivable, her actions in building up a religion and army that would go on to conquer the whole continent and create the Empire, including giving her crest to the Hresvelg family, are a major reason for the existence of the nobility system as we see it in the present. Ultimately Rhea wins her war of conquest and gets to be the one to shape history, and plenty of time to reshape it if it didn't go as she liked.

There's a tragedy to all that. The parallels of Edelgard and Rhea both being wronged by TWSITD, and history repeating of them both targeting someone else first in a continent wide war. It's a far more interesting story to discuss, but all we really get with discussions on this game is a back and forth of "is Edelgard right?" :/

I agree it is a more interesting story to discuss, but I feel the well is poisoned by this point. I like what they did with both Rhea and Edelgard but that doesnt mean I like what they did or think they as heroes or icons

Last edited:

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Happy birthday to the best possible leader for Fodlan. She shows great leadership, especially the ability to listen and accept criticism and advice from her subordinates and rivals. For example, the synthesis of her relationship with Ferdinand is what brings about such sweeping changes as free universal education to all of Fodlan. Which is a huge step forward from the previous administration.

Last edited:

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Happy Birthday El. Dimitri admires your strength and so do I.

you died pathetically in Azure Moon btw

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
OP be like:
1592774454935.gif

But a sincere happy birthday to her. She did far from the right things, but her perspective is compelling and somewhat understandable nonetheless.
According to the opening song what she really wanted was a normal life away from her self-imposed duties, so a birthday celebration is particularily befitting.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly disturbing how many people seem to not actually know anything about fascism. Calling Edelgard a fascist is facially nonsensical. The Leninist comparison makes more sense.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Shining example of as long as you are pretty people will love you and forgive everything. And they wonder why tyrants still have followers in the real world.