• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
aBYjz9O_460s.jpg

Y'all forgot to get Samus a present huh? smh

Feel free to post more anniversary art. :) What does the Metroid series mean to you? What's your favorite game? Excited for Prime 4?

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
Jesus Christ. 34 years.

I'm not a Metroid fan but I do remember playing the hell out of this game as a kid.

Happy Bday Metroid. :)

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Metroid is my favorite series of all time and Super Metroid was my favorite game of all time until BOTW

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
"Happy Anniversary to the sexiest bounty hunter Samus!"

Oh my...

Happy 34th, hopefully next year is a good year for her.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Metroid Prime is the GOAT. Two decades later and no game has touched it.

Sad how Nintendo pays dust to this series, it's certainly the odd spot in their happy/colorful portfolio, it could be a strength but it only shows how weak Nintendo are when it comes to mature series, they simply don't know what to do with it. Microsoft and Sony would surely kill for a franchise like Metroid.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Release Prime Trilogy for Switch you cowards

the world is burning and Ninty can't even give us a lil HD Sanctuary Fortress

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Happy Birthday/Anniversary to the best bounty hunter in the universe.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest gaming series of all time that influenced lots of other games. Samus is the goat.

Oct 25, 2017
Here is an utterly fantastic episode on the original Metroid from my new favorite podcast:

057 - METROID from NEStalgia | Podcast Episode on Podbay

Listen to 057 - METROID, an episode of NEStalgia, easily on Podbay - the best podcast player on the web.

And if you enjoy that, I wholeheartedly endorse subscribing and listening to every episode in order. One of those extremely rare podcasts that hits the holy trifecta of timelessness, depth, and casual hilarity. Truly the best retro games podcast I've ever come across, and it ain't even close.

But the Metroid episode in particular is excellent and gave me a completely new perspective on what an accomplishment that game was! Such an amazing franchise. Here's to hoping the rumored 2D Metroid 5 and rebooted Metroid Prime 4 finally boost this series to the heights it deserves.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Happy birthday Metroid! AM2R got a widescreen update a few days ago, it's great.