• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Xun

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Happy birthday to one of the greats!

From a distance, I really enjoy the contrast between his seemingly daily grumpiness and the overall joy expressed in his films.
Honestly the NHK documentary I posted earlier is such a brilliant insight into the man.

To see a master of their craft have doubts and anxieties over their work is oddly reassuring to see.

TheRancor

Oct 26, 2017
Here is a talk between Miyazaki and artist Jean "Moebius" Giraud at an exhibition of their work in France

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interviews/miyazaki_moebious.html

570.gif
Obligatory "no fun allowed" post to point out that this is a meme and not a real quote in case anyone didn't know.

TheRancor

Oct 26, 2017
Please tell me this is real
The subtitles for this part in that youtube video have actually changed now

I feel that your greatest strength is being honest. Like how you created Evangelion, an honest work. You created something that doesn't deviate from your personality.
I can't vouch for the updated translation but the tone and meaning becomes much different!

Last edited: