• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Pokemon BW and B2W2 i guess.

there's very few games i like that are set in the US.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
270A353045958FD8F768CD109A83AD1801AB3C96

With all the hate this game got. it had a nice depiction of Louisiana. Some serious wasted potential in this game but i enjoy the feel of the world even with all the jank.

Currently playing Mafia 3, and I can understand all the disappointment and hate the game got, but honestly? I am enjoying the game lol

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
The Last of Us. Love when games in a dystopia have touchstones of the society that came before.

Also love Fallout and BioShock for that reason.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Mafia II
L.A. Noire
Grand Theft Auto IV
Red Dead Redemption
Life is Strange

Forza Horizon
Alan Wake
Quantum Break
Crackdown 3
WATCH_DOGS
The Wolf Among Us
The Walking Dead
Murdered: Soul Suspect

Just a few of them.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Black 2/White 2. EarthBound would also be up there. In both cases, they're not technically the US, but they're both 100% based on it, so close enough.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deus Ex is my favourite game but the best levels in it aren't the US ones so I will pick Shadow Dancer for now.
53009-shadow-dancer-the-secret-of-shinobi-genesis-screenshot-boss.gif

Nov 2, 2017
For caricature vibe, I would go with Broforce, which is my July 4th holiday game of choice. Such a fun and funny ridiculous game. Of course, not a USA setting but a very USA! USA! vibe.

For setting, I would go with Interstate '76 on the PC. Fictional, alternate "American Southwest." Driving around the desert in muscle cars with mounted guns.

As others said, the better TMNT games in general do well with the setting, and good call on Freedom Fighters.

Need to look through my game collection for other levels to highlight.

Edit: Just thought of a couple more; The Bureau, very cool Cold War/60s Gman-American setting. And Zombies Ate My Neighbors; very Anywhere, USA town thing going.

Last edited:

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Adventure's Station Square is basically a US city, right? I'm going with Sonic Adventure.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
First game that came to my mind was Freedom Fighters on PS2. Really liked that game.
Yeah- probably my favourite "American Patriotism" game. So good.

I was at THQ when they were working on Homefront and was rooting for them. I think there was a real chance for that game to be special but alas.

Freedom Fighters is rad though.
Y'all good people
Metal Gear Rising, of course.

Nanomachines, son!

(There are a couple levels in the US IIRC.)
The back few yeah.