• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Great film that also happens to be the peak of the born sexy yesterday trope.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Respect to Ruby Rhod, the original Youtuber.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
An all-time classic. I had the privilege of seeing it in a theater a few years back, and it was incredible.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Insane cinematography by Thierry Arbogast and fantastic soundtrack by Eric Serra.

The trio of The Big Blue, LEON, and The Fifth Element was Besson's peak.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My gateway into scifi as a lad.

FLOSTOOOOON PARADISE!!!

man, they don't make em like this anymore 😭

Oct 30, 2017
25 years?!

Oh geez, I love this movie so much.

Saw it in theaters as a kid, and was so confounded by what I saw, and it wasn't really until repeat viewings on home video through VHS rentals that I eventually and completely fell in love with this film.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Aziz, LIGHT!

Would you like some more?

Gimme the cash!

This movie has so many memories lines, not just Multipass! Love this movie and I saw it in the theater when it came out. Yup mind-blowing and it came out of nowhere.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The ultimate heartbreak of this film is that we would never again get this type of character work from Chris Tucker.

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it 5 times in the last 2 decade and I was devoted to that movie so much. The final scene was hilarious way to end the movie, imo.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite factoid about this film is that the hero and villain never meet.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
One of Bruce Willis' entertaining & best film, in my very humble opinion.

Amazingly combining futuristic sci-fi, action, comedy into one film.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
RIP to the greatest President Tiny Lister and Luke Perry :(

Shout out to the legend Tricky as Zorg's #1

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I hated this film when I was younger but now it's one of my all time favourites. It was so weird I just couldn't understand it for the longest time but now I'm sad we'll probably never get anything like it again. I really need to watch Fantastic Planet because French sci-fi seems fantastic.

Fun fact: I've also said "chicken good" today when my friend asked if I wanted chicken or pork dumplings. She didn't understand. :(

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I fell in love with this movie when I Saw it in theaters back in 1997. Prime age to watch, I was a teen. It holds up well enough, the style and music, the story is indeed thin but the movie is so fun and the characters while also thin also engaging…really good movie. Quite influential in my tastes at the time.

I do find it funny Gary Oldman kind of hates this movie ha. Like he thinks it sucks.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I live this movie and would have loved to see other films in the same setting. Such a fun dystopian scifi world, which is kind of a weird sentence but man it kinda was

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The cityscape scenes hold up really well today, too. This movie will always be one of my warm, comfy movies whenever I feel down. It's such a satisfying movie to watch.

The_jMag

Nov 1, 2017
One of my all time favorites where I can honestly say I could watch it whenever it's on and it never gets tiresome. I've always wondered how a sequel would work out, IIRC it was going to be based on Mr. Shadow. Everytime I saw the scene at the opera house where Korben grabs the stones out of Diva Plavalaguna as a kid, made me want to go eat some gushers lol maybe it was the blue goo.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
To this day, I still wonder what the heck was the plan for actually retrieving the stones if the diva didn't have a convenient bullet wound to reach through. Was she just going to.. errr. "pass" them?

Apr 12, 2021
I wasn't a big fan early on, but as years went by and hearing a lot about it, I gave it another chance in my late teens and loved it.

One of the very few films I have a physical copy of.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
3000 years into the future but radio still popular was & still ingenious idea in the film. 😄