• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Hey CapCom, wheres my girl Sheva????

DapperHospitableClingfish-small.gif

Back in the day i remember thinking "she is so beautiful that it hurts"
PD: She still is

Like Wesker, I'm sure they haven't even bothered to commit her to memory.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Played this whole game local coop with my brother and it was an absolute blast. That final boss battle, holy crap lol, not played anything like that since.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Wasn't a masterpiece like Resident Evil 4. It was a me-too ("I want that Gears of War attention so bad!") co-op game. It's still fun to play, nevertheless.

madkiller

May 29, 2018
Wow now I feel old.

Not as good as 4 but a great game with top-notch production values and high replayability. I'm pretty sure I've logged in more than 200 hours on this game.

also GOAT soundtrack.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For all it's issues - it's such a fun coop game. I always recommend it for whoever's looking for a great coop experience. Also some ridiculously awesome moments like Wesker and the boulder.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Haters can hate all they want, but it's the ONLY Resident Evil game to have reached 11 Million copies sold.

Super fun, replay it every few months and one of the best co-op games ever.

My current girlfriend and I love to hop onto Mercenaries.

oh and, can't forget about this trailer, i used to watch it all the time on my crappy ass computer back in 2005

Last edited:

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

10 years old. Time goes by. Kind of aged well. First time we could move while aiming (in the RE franchise). First time we could play the entire campaign in co-op, which was a blast. First time the campaign felt rather bland all around, with turret sections and all. If Resident Evil 4 started the over-the-top sequences, RE5 basically said: "Hold my beer".

Re-did the campaign with a buddy when it came out on PS4 and we still had a blast. I'm not sure how I feel about this one overall. I liked it, but I feel like it wasn't a great sequel to RE4.

Anyway, share your thoughts!

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Not the best Resident Evil out there but it's a fantastic co-op experience.

Trying to rip that thing off Jill during her fight on professional was impossible. I loved it.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
That's crazy - I remember getting it on launch day as a high schooler. Played it co-op with a friend that I haven't talked to in probably 8 years now.

It was fun but I way preferred RE4's solo experience.

Oct 28, 2017
One of my least favourite RE games, but it wasn't bad. Co-op ruined the single player. Great co-op game but man that single player is weak. I'll never get my true RE4 sequel not shackled down by forced co-op.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It still might be the best co-op game I've played, but Sea of Thieves gives it a run for its money. EDF gets an honorable mention.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Not a perfect sequel after the revolutionary RE4 but again coming after such game isn't an easy task.
I enjoyed it a lot.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My roommate and I had a blast with this at the time, but we both agreed that it's a weird case of being a great game and yet also a horrible Resident Evil title.

It's like if they made the next main-entry Halo game a cart racer and called it Halo 7. It could be one of the best racing games ever, but it wouldn't be a good Halo entry, if that makes sense.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Funnily enough i just finished this game for the first time yesterday. After getting the Platinum trophy in RE2 remake i got the urge to go through the series and play them again/for the first time.

So in the last few weeks i have played 0, 1, 2, 4, 5 and now i have started 6. Hadnt played either 4, 5 or 6 properly before so was interesting to go in after everything i have heard about them.

I would probably say that 5 is as good as 4 (take that comment how you will lol). While 4 had a creepier feel and less linear map system to 5, it also dragged on at times and controlled worse then 5 i feel. Otherwise they are both surprisingly similar in how they evolved (or should i say mutated) from previous entries. How people can give 5 crap for not being a RE game yet give RE4 a pass is beyond me since they are very similar.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Probably the most memorable co-op experience for me (besides Portal 2). Me and my friend had so much fun. I'll never forget our reaction when we saw Chris punching the boulder.

Oct 27, 2017
5 is an awesome game, gets a bad wrap for some legit reasons, but godamn its still fun. I loved running through the different stages and getting better rankings, upgrading weapons, and going through with co op. Everything just worked mechanically imo.

The only thing that really bothered me was that it wasn't that scary.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What could have been a fantastic game was marred by some really inappropriate design choices (damsel, swamp) and somewhat stiff movement.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Loved the split-screen co-op. Got the Gold Edition on PS3 and also the PS4 port. RE6 was such a downgrade in comparison.

Sep 21, 2018
I really enjoyed RE 5, played through it multiple times. 👍😀 So much better than the sloppy, disheveled mess known as RE 6. 🙈 I eventually finished 6 but I basically had to force myself keep playing it.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Incredible experience. It was it's own unique game and the hype for it was high. Capcom was riding high with their HD Xbox games, SF4, and for my group of friends, the industry really, they riding a high wave of excellence.

The co-op experience was incredibly fun and brought a unique way to play the game.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Happy birthday to the greatest Resident Evil game ever made.

Also, please come back :(

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Bought it day one. One of my first 1000G on Xbox 360 (+400G with the DLC). Great coop experience.

A good game I wouldn't replay again to keep those good memories, like Assassin's Creed II, an other GOTY 2009.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching gamerz totally embarrass themselves after the N'gai Croal piece prepared me for GamerGate.

Nov 1, 2017
I thought about hooking my 360 up again to play this. Fun game that attempted to do something different with the RE series even if it displeased the fanbase.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
One of my very favorite games, undoubtedly my favorite co-op game, and one that continues to age gracefully.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Wow, it's really been a decade?

I agree with everyone that says it's a great co-op game. I would love to run through it again with a friend.

Jun 18, 2018
Never loved (but the first teaser was beautiful).

It was, and I remember reading many predictions of a Las Plagas breakout in a Spanish city.

When I look back I remember many moments and set pieces, but barely anything of the story that ties it together, which is a big shame for an RE title.

It's probably the only RE title that is equally over and underrated, depending on your PoV (co-op GOAT and as an RE4 sequel).

Let's hope Capcom can find a way for an Action RE series to co-exist alongside SH RE (I'd say that Revelations 1&2 sit in the middle of both styles).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Fun boss fights but I thought the overall level design was really bland and disappointing, and the controls and gameplay just felt dated. Never played it co op though, so maybe that's where some of the charm comes from. Coming just off RE2, I feel like that's a perfect compromise of some of the more action/modern controls and gameplay 4-5 introduced, but with the classic atmosphere of the old games why I thought was increasingly lost with 4-5-6.