• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though its years since the cancellation it still fucking hurts man. :( Damn you to hell Capcom.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it got cancelled. It looked like a bad game. Legends remains a flawless 10/10 series.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
eFTTGgO.jpeg

Poochie ass clown.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think this is the only cancellation I'm a tad salty about. My understanding was it was never officially greenlit from capcom?

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
The reason they cancelled it was bullshit then and it's bullshit now

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
3 is going to actually happen in the next 5 years I guarantee it.

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Also, now that i remember tomorrow is going to begin a Legends event in Megaman X Dive

Remk NG

Apr 16, 2018
I only care about this cancellation because the inevitable Tron Bonne sequel was also a casualty.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Wait... EX Troopers was a Legends 3 salvage job?!

That explains so much.
I remember hearing so back then. If you watch gameplay footage of it, the basic mechanics of the game seem very close to Mega Man Legends in general and the prototype. Seth Killian tried to dispel the rumors back in 2012. Not that he would ever lie to fans. /s At the bare minimum, it probably started production parallel to Legends 3 and used the base engine that was also used for the Legends 3 prototype.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, never gonna heal from the pain of the cancellation, but I've accepted that. Let's enjoy the development artwork in it's honor. It was clear this was the sequel of my dreams, keeping up the aesthetic of the first two games' Ghibli-esque vibe and design.

megaman1.jpg

mmlegends3.jpg

Mega+Man+Legends+3+Project+Aero+Concept+Art.jpg

1832105-d255928c057bfde1a012e9c99c527fe7.jpg

people1.jpg

barrett2.jpg
sketch03.jpg

location1.jpg
location2.jpg

Here was one of my own submissions for the Bright Bats Mascot:

pDZ4d1Y.jpg

wm6LQ0F.jpg

Why hasn't X-Dive launched in the US yet? I'd love to take part in this event.
I'm glad it got cancelled. It looked like a bad game. Legends remains a flawless 10/10 series.
I mean... it was still in the prototype stage. Even in this early, early phase, it still looked like it was carrying a lot of the heart of the original titles, like the artwork above showcases.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Fuck... already 10 years... I remember actively participating in the fan community with the devs, it was great

with the recent revival, i really hope they'll bring this back