• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love so many of Zimmer's scores but I just didn't care for his DC stuff post-MOS. This, however, is really good.

Though that video clip did make me cringe a bit.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
tumblr_ondxt7WLVW1s1rwswo6_400.gif

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ummm yeah, that was banging OMG!! I ain't gonna lie Hans still got it, to me that was way better than the original.

Them chills phew!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
This versions sounds watered down and loses the intensity of the first theme. The awesome strings part is completely gone.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The original theme has been my wife's ringtone since it dropped. Looks like it's time for an upgrade.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I really like the first one but it always reminds me a bit too much of Chapter Doof from Mad Max Fury Road. This one sounds more fitting for a superhero movie, even though I miss some of the "oomph" from the first one.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Dude has always been amazing imo
I didnt like his super hero stuff, becuase im more of a fan of a memorable soundtrack for them.
It really looks like it was not really him who decided the final mood, but the movies he was doing, from realsitic of the nolan batmans to the crapfest of the snyderverse.
Supes theme was a little better, but i didnt get to those highs for me. Im glad he finally went to classic superhero style for WW, and he can clearly be amazing at it (something that I havent find most of the marvel music accomplishing, even when they really try).
But i know is more my taste in music, and other people really enjoy the old less melodic stuff.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds pretty good.

I actively dislike whatever that little guitar sting is in the previous films, sounds very dated.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
This has much less identity.
Whatever you feel about that original riff, it's really iconic and recognizable.

Oct 27, 2017
I never liked the original version of it from JL etc... but this is a much, much, MUCH better implementation of it and I'm glad that it exists. It sound much more "heroic" and in inspirational than the weird guitar riff that we were getting before and feels like it does WW much more justice.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy that there's actually some people out there who are critical of Hans Zimmer lol

Dude is a legend and one of the best composers of our time

I think a large portion of the criticism directed toward Zimmer is due to the blurred line between what is actually composed by Zimmer and what is ghostwritten by his underling minions at Media Ventures.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't think Molossus was memorable?!

I know a lot of people are fans of the nolan Batman osts, but sadly im not one of them.
Memorable Batman for me would be the shirley walker TAS ost or things like the main theme and Decent to Mystery from Elfman.

Kinda crazy that there's actually some people out there who are critical of Hans Zimmer lol

Dude is a legend and one of the best composers of our time
I really like his non super hero osts. What this new WW ost shows (ive heard the whole thing on youtube now and i think is absolutely fantastic and inspirational, and that one of the aspects ww has to be) is it was probably more the mood of the nolan realsitic superhero, and the edgy snyder superhero, what I didnt like, and thats what Zimmer had to write for those. So you would say he did great at making the music feel part of those movies, but it wasnt my cup of tea.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The original theme is so much better imo. It was very original. This sounds like standard fair.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Listened to it a second time.....still nope for me. Give me that electric cello buttrock any day over this.