• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hans Zimmer - No Time For Caution, or Time?

• No Time For Caution - Interstellar

Votes: 107 53.2%
  • Time - Inception

Votes: 82 40.8%
  • Other - Muppets Treasure Island

Votes: 12 6.0%

• Total voters

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
No time for caution is a better moment in film (the best scene of the entire movie actually), but Time is the better track imo.

OP
OP
CitizenVectron
Oct 27, 2017
Wife : what are you doing honey?
Me : I want to erase this film in my memory, and watch again.
Wife : it's not possible.
Me : no, it's necessary.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Both gorgeous pieces of music.

but I give the edge to no time for caution. It's a modern masterpiece to me. It feels more, intense, complex, and grandiose.

ps. I like cornfield chase better

Last edited:

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Time is fuckin brilliant. I'd even argue as great as the no time for caution scene was, the ending when Time finally gets to play out in its entirety gave me goosebumps like few other things.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I barely remember Time, but I like No Time for Caution. First step would probably be my #1 pick from Interstellar. Regardless, there are some incredible covers of both on YouTube that miraculously made me care about church organs.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Time isn't even the best Inception track.

Don't forget Zimmer's other great works

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
God damn this is really tough, because they both give you such different emotions. Time has that slow buildup that fills you with hope, while no time for caution builds up quickly to build tension.

Going off of how I felt when I heard both in the theater for the first time:

Time made me a little misty eyed. Hearing it with the related scene really brought an amazing end to the film.

No Time for Caution gave me goosebumps in a way I'm not sure I've felt before. I mean, just reliving the scene in my head still has that effect on me.

"Cooper, what are you doing?"

"Docking"

Just god damn powerful.

So I'm gonna have to give it to No Time for Caution.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No time for caution among those options. MoS theme for my favorite Zimmer piece.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Underrated gem. But I personally prefer the menu version for its buildup.

It's so good! Hell that whole soundtrack is a sleeper. But those two versions of the them are just freaking brilliant.

But for this threads question I'm going with Time. The way it builds is more interesting to my ear, and the many live iterations sound much better with different arrangements offering a different take. I feel that No Time for Caution is overly played and has worn out its welcome.

That being said the dudes music is fantastic and his shows are fun to watch.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Journey to the Line is another GOAT track.

4:14 gives me goosebumps every damn time.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Of those 3 options its no time for caution. Was so hype and the organs also reminded me of the scores from dario argento flicks

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Top 3 Zimmer in no particular order

The Last Samurai
Gladiator
Interstellar

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No time for caution is a better moment in film (the best scene of the entire movie actually), but Time is the better track imo.
Came here to say exactly this and actually changed my vote after listening back to them both. No Time For Caution is a fantastic moment in the film and a spectacular scene but Time is a better piece of music in isolation from the film.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's gladiator.

I mean it's not even close.

Like listing John Williams and forgetting Star Wars.

popularity, melody, memorability, execution, atmosphere, appropriateness and most important of all - melding with and uplifting of the underlying material.

it's rich, complex, impossible to forget and cements the atmosphere and scale of the film. Like Lord of the Rings and Howard Shore, it's fantastic on its own merits but married to the film they both become more than the sum of their parts.

it not original or unique and it borrows a ton of cliches - middle eastern mystery from Lisa Gerrard, antique sounding instruments, bombastic and melodramatic tunes and on the nose military marches but it all works perfectly.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
those organs bruh

That scene might be the most memorable out of all of Nolan's films and that's partially due to Zimmer.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
It's Time.

tumblr_mtwtvgVc8f1qivspno2_400.gif

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Man it's so weird to find out that Zimmer did a lot of the OSTs I loved as a kid. I had no clue until just now that he did Muppet Treasure Island which had a phenomal OST.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
The entire Inception sound track is god-tier, especially in the context of the actual film. And this his is my favorite track from the movie:

The scene was already fantastic, but combined with the soundtrack, it totally delivers an emotional gut punch you would never expect. Because in the context of the film, Cillian Murphy's character is being flat out lied to. But it doesn't matter, because all he really longs for is to know that his recently deceased dad cared about him.

In the wider context of the film's plot, Dom and his crew may or may not have prevented a clusterfuck of an economic monopoly (cause it's impossible to know whether or not their client is telling the truth about his motivations), but they have almost certainly made their target a happier and probably more benevolent person.

This is one of many reasons Inception is my favorite Christopher Nolan film. Nolan and Zimmer's collaborative synergy peaked with this film, IMO.