• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
So I'm getting something delivered to me via freight and I have to open the crate. I had like a 1 day notice

it says to have a power drill with a Phillips #2 tip

How the flying fuck am I supposed to know what fucking power drill is compatible with a Phillips #2 tip? I'm going insane

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Uhh, just buy the bits compatible with the drill?

seriously, stop freaking out.

Last edited:

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Drill bits are standardized...if you buy a drill, just buy a drill bit set with a #2 Phillips apex and you'll be good.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Impact drivers have a standard size bits and power drills will have adjustables chucks, just choose the one + bit marked with "2".

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Any power drill will be compatible with a Phillips #2 bit. Just get a drill and get that bit if it doesn't come with it.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Umm a regular Phillips head is #2 and any bit will fit into your drill unless it's an impact drill (which is infinitely superior than a regular drill)

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Just buy a corded drill with a standard screwdriver bit (a lot of them come included) so that you can drill that Real Doll that just came in the mail.

Oct 25, 2017
#2 Phillips is basically the standard. If you get a drill, chances are the default bit is a #2. If you want to be super safe, grab a set of bits and it will probably have short #2, and a long one. The other sizes are for really small screws that you can strip, or larger ones like tapcon.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you really need a power drill or if a regular screwdriver would work if it has the right bit

But you should get a power drill and maybe impact driver as they are very useful tools, I finally bought a set last month and have used it around the house

cushiongrip-screwdriver-phillips_callout.jpg

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you really need a power drill or if a regular screwdriver would work if it has the right bit

But you should get a power drill and maybe impact driver as they are very useful tools, I finally bought a set last month and have used it around the house

cushiongrip-screwdriver-phillips_callout.jpg
I've opened some crates before. You can use a regular screwdriver, but the screws are really long and tight, and there are quite a few of them.

OP, the #2 refers to the size of the tip and not the bit, which is standardized.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do you even have a drill op? rent one at home depot if you don't. they sell cheap drill bit sets there too so just pick one of those up.

Oct 25, 2017
either will work but long term a drill will likely be more useful. Impact drivers are great but they're not finesse tools. They're meant for shit like making a porch. Drills tend to be more useful around the house.

Yea, if you only get one tool, get a drill

But you might be able to get a drill and impact driver bundle with 2 batteries for a good price

Dunno what deals are like in the US but there are lots of good power tool sales in Canada

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Any power drill

LDX120C-2_1.jpg

is compatible with any

set of bits
dewalt-bit-set-im-tough-case-32-tlg-dt7969.jpg

One neat thing about having a proper set of bits is the fact that, if you were to get a hand screw driver with a bit mount at the tip, like this
0JakXw12zsBRc7iGBtN8BML8LWuDFytduB6x-VXixNM3EZNpoFaEQjt1K3-JIl5rDI28-vgYb-HMcFRIICMAOmY7Qg5Zt0C8I16emqKdts9QSVSnPRyD_5-1v_nk5G7HU44DTgk

you're essentially owning any kind of driver - including philips, hex and torx