• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
So since this pandemic shit hit we've all been indoors a bit more than normal and I've done my best to keep shit tidy...

But I'm about to lose it without a hand vac. I had a black and decker but the suction was garbage tier.

So I'm asking anyone that knows of a quality hand vac? While I'm not looking for the best of the best, sir, with honors, I am willing to invest a few bucks if it's really solid.

Anyone use a hand vac that they can suggest? Please. I'm desperate lol.

Fuck a broom!

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
We've had two of the Dysons (V8 and V11) and think they are both great with excellent battery life. Check youtube for reviews as there are some very objective reviews and comparisons that can help guide your purchase.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
It's overpriced, but I do love my Dyson stick. It's replaced a traditional vac. They do go on sale and refurb. Keep an eye on Slickdeals.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I have this purple one that I don't know the brand off hand(got it at Target) that is great for picking up pet hair. I'll have to see what it is when I get home later.

actually it's probably this one
www.target.com

BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Hand Vacuum

Read reviews and buy BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Hand Vacuum at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I heard they're only really good for small mess, not regular cleaning so ymmv.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about a cordless setup, like what Dyson offers, or truly handheld?

FWIW I only use my handheld in the kitchen, Brad Leone style. It's good enough to pick up crumbs and flour, but I'd never try to make it work outside of that context.

OP
OP
Mammoth Jones

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just for dusting shelves and ceiling corners etc or carpet/hardwood + pet hair too?

Mostly for dust and crumbs on the floor. It stinks to have to get the big vac everytime there's a few popcorn pieces on the couch or something.

Are you talking about a cordless setup, like what Dyson offers, or truly handheld?

FWIW I only use my handheld in the kitchen, Brad Leone style. It's good enough to pick up crumbs and flour, but I'd never try to make it work outside of that context.

Something battery powered/truly cordless.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly for dust and crumbs on the floor. It stinks to have to get the big vac everytime there's a few popcorn pieces on the couch or something.

Something battery powered/truly cordless.

Something like the Dyson V6 might work (usually about $200 on their ebay store). The v8/v10 models can even replace your full sized vac depending on your usage. I use the v8 for my regular cleaning.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched this particular video but found the channel very useful when deciding on a robot vacuum last year - and was very happy with my choice (a Neato D750 Pet - which was half-off).

OP
OP
Mammoth Jones

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The cordless stick isn't really the form factor I'm looking for. More something I can wield with one hand...OH SHIT it's optional attachments....god damn....dyson

Oct 25, 2017
Best vacuum I ever bought (and I have/had Dysons and Miele):

VonHaus 2 in 1 Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - 600W Corded Upright Vac with Lightweight Design, HEPA Filtration, Extendable Handle, Crevice Tool and Brush Accessories - Ideal for Hardwood Floors

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OHTKVM2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GBRtFbZHJ02A2

A couple of drawbacks - 1) it's corded and 2) It requires a HEPA filter but they are cheap and as long as you clean out the filter regularly, a single one lasts about a year.

If these drawbacks aren't a deal breaker, its a great vacuum that's small, can be used both hand held or upright, and the suction is very strong.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I had a Dyson V8 I dedicated purely to my computer/dungeon area and its been a gamechanger. It actually spurred me to get a V11 for the rest of the apartment.

My previous experience was with the Shark DuoClean vacs and while good, their utility just isn't as flexible as my V8/V11.

I even found less use for my iRobot vac - a cordless sweep with the V11 is far more powerful and easier than any cordless vac I've ever had and is far easier than any corded vac. It sounds like a small thing but the always-ready state of a cordless vac really makes cleaning up braindead easy and convenient. There's almost nothing for my iRobot to pick up most of the time.