• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ivellios

Oct 27, 2017
I have never played the first one, is this one a direct sequel story-wise as well? This game looks good from the trailers i saw.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
Actually I enjoyed first one a lot, though it was kind of a simplistic. At the right price, and if reviews are good, Id give it a try.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this game until now, but I'm getting interested now. I'm feeling really bored these days z_z

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested to see more impressions of this. I like the overall concept a lot, but the combat part of the first game fell completely flat for me, felt too bland and spammy.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this has good performance on ps4. I remember the Xbox one version was slowing down a lot in battle.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never did beat the first one. Banged my head against the endgame a few times before waving the white flag.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I had absolutely no idea this game was even being made. I liked the first one a lot but had some pretty significant performance issues with it, but I'm immediately interested in a sequel

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
An 82/100 from PC Gamer
http://www.pcgamer.com/hand-of-fate-2-review/
Weak combat would be a killer for most RPGs, but Hand of Fate 2 more than makes up for it in the vastly improved strategic layer, and lovely storytelling. The deck-building strategy remains satisfying and the new variety of challenges adds a roguelike replayability to obtaining the gold rank for each one. If the first Hand of Fate was an interesting but flawed proof of concept, Hand of Fate 2 is a fully realized version of that deck-building dungeon-crawler.
Hand of Fate 2 is a satisfying sequel and a meatier dungeon crawler, but still somewhat hampered by limited combat.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Northenlion Plays:

In case ppl want to get a glance of how the new game plays. First chance to try out something new he goes with the boring, safe choice.....classic NL.

Still waiting for the Karak/ACG review to drop, not sure if he's doing it.

Surprised that so many reviews are pointing out the weak combat yet again. Looks like adding more choice didn't do much for HOF2, the core combat still needs more work. I think I'll just wait and see if maybe it gets a small price drop during SteamSale as the weak combat was my principal issue with the first game.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
8/10 from IGN
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/08/hand-of-fate-2-review
Hand of Fate 2 doesn't change much of the concept that made the first game so appealing, but everything here – whether it's challenges, smarter deck building, companion characters, and better combat – marks a major improvement over what we saw in 2015. Repetitiveness can still be a problem, but it takes much longer for it to show up. This time around, this is definitely a hand worth playing.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still noting on the EU PSN, I can only assume it's been delayed for some reason.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Still noting on the EU PSN, I can only assume it's been delayed for some reason.

here's an excerpt from the press release for you. there isn't an announced date yet for EU PS4, so not necessarily a "delay."

Hand of Fate 2, the anticipated follow-up to Defiant Development's action RPG downloaded by millions, is out now for PlayStation 4 across North America and Oceania as well as Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. An Xbox One version with Xbox One X compatibility and 4K Ultra HD support and a European PlayStation 4 release are also in the cards and coming soon.

Moobabe

Nov 7, 2017
Well hello there everyone!

First post here, but good to be back.

Thanks for making this thread Baddy - I'm super pumped for this. Might grab it now and play some on my lunch break...

Oct 25, 2017
I have really enjoyed my hour or so with the game thus far. Everything feels better or more than what the original had to offer. I am grateful they tweaked the fighting. It feels much more deliberate now where mistakes are my fault. That doesn't forgive the sometimes punishing RNG in a lot of other aspects of the game, however. It's great!

Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely pick it up at some point (even though I've yet to come close to completing the first game), but it's sad to read in the RPS review that the Dealer has lost some his magic in the sequel.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, not up on European PSN yet? That's a shame, I was going to grab it right now.

synthplynth

Oct 29, 2017
Performance was awful for the first game on PS4. A glaring example from when it was initially released was that the opening card cinematic would turn into a slide show as would the busier battle sections. This got patched a bit but never was good and when you think of poor PS4 Unity ports, this game was a poster child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww87z3dJkhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2K-BXCkM1M
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/ha...merate-in-this-can-be-something-else-1766488/

Any feedback on how the sequel plays on PS4?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, not up on European PSN yet? That's a shame, I was going to grab it right now.

Later, but who knows how later, I am tempted to get it from the US store, but it's not like I haven't got a shed load of other games to play.............

An Xbox One version with Xbox One X compatibility and 4K Ultra HD support and a European PlayStation 4 release are also in the cards and coming soon.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
So, i just played this game for 10 hours straight on my day off.

I'm inclined to say it is pretty good

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Any comments on the difficulty?
The last game has a crazy difficulty spike in the last chapters :/

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is it still a broken ass Unity game like the first one? I've never had a game hard lock on me as many times or crash as consistently as that game did on PS4. I really did like the concept, but it was absolutely unplayable for at least the first couple months it came out, and that was enough for me to never go back to it. If they actually fixed ALL the technical issues, I'll probably buy this on a deep discount one day.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I only played the first 2 little quests last night, but I am loving it. I like the dice gambits to go with the card ones, I like the variety in enemies I've already faced, and the way I've had to adjust my tactics to them already, and I like the generally improved production values and UI over the first game. Feels like a very strong iteration on the first game, which was basically what I was hoping for.

I hope endless mode is more interesting than the last game's so I can really just keep playing this endlessly

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
How is the mission challenge high if not the combat? Isnt combat the only way to get a game over, or are there things like time limits?

What badass mentioned, however there are also over ways to lose missions, in one for example you're supposed to build defenses for a castle that's constantly being attacked and you lose if all your soldiers died.

Gennady

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The fighting intermissions have much less forgiving controls, keyboard users will do well remapping block to a more sensible place.
The dealer is also somewhat more cruel at times, expect to die a few quests in.
The new gambling games are a welcome addition and allow more interaction from just watching cards getting shuffled.
The game has ctd bugs and intermittent performance issues, also endless mode is missing.

If you didn't try it or you have better things to do with your money, then wait until it's finished.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm trying to find out how PS4/Pro performance is before deciding which version to get. I have only found 1 person on Gamefaqs saying they have had some audio glitches abs screen tearing. didn't say base model or pro. Anyone here have any impressions for PS4 Pro? If screen tearing is true that's a non-starter for me!

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to download this later today. Absolutely adored it, and glad they brought the VA for the dealer back, he was my favorite part.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I have mixed feelings about this, the combat in 1 just wasn't fun, and even if it's improved here I'm not sure. I imagine this game would have been pretty cool if you had dice/d&d like combat ala board/pen&paper games rather than the action based combat.