• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
So the show that was pretty much exclusive to the upper class is going to also be exclusive for home release too?

It's pretty ridiculous this isn't widely available everywhere for people to see.

With that said, I did see it in DC, albeit not the original cast, but it was still brilliant.

What is this post.

Oct 27, 2017
Far and away the highest quality thing that will be on D+.

For a service that lacks very much good quality content, this is tempting me to sub for 1 month just to watch this before letting it lapse again.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
That's a massive move from them.
That movie (when originally planned for theatrical release) was going to make a ton of money for them.

it's interesting that they moved it up. I wonder if they are getting ready to push more dates, or just want to keep the momentum going from all the new subs they have.

Also, really curious on how much money money Disney had to pay to do this

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Oh hell frickin yes, already watched twice in the West End but I'll watch the crap out of this.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Hamilton-suomi-dvd.PNG

Very cool. Peter Stormare is great.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's a massive move from them.
That movie (when originally planned for theatrical release) was going to make a ton of money for them.

it's interesting that they moved it up. I wonder if they are getting ready to push more dates, or just want to keep the momentum going from all the new subs they have.

Also, really curious on how much money money Disney had to pay to do this

keep in mind the stage performance isn't making any money right now either. Both parties have incentive to push the date up.

Oct 25, 2017
isnt Oct 2021 for a theatrical version of Hamilton, an actual MOVIE. This is just a recording of the stage show. Two different things.
No the 2021 version was just a filmed show also. So I assume it's the same one
www.google.com

'Hamilton' is coming to movie theaters October 2021 and 'the box office potential is massive'

A filmed version of the Tony Award-winning musical "Hamilton" will arrive on the big screen in 2021, creator and star Lin-Manuel Miranda announced.

Apr 11, 2020
I definitely would have preferred to see this in a cinema first with an awesome sound system and the diminishing effect of the screen enhancing the experience, or at least the Australian production of it that was scheduled to open next year... if this is what we're getting though, I'll take it.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
isnt Oct 2021 for a theatrical version of Hamilton, an actual MOVIE. This is just a recording of the stage show. Two different things.

No, Disney paid for a theatrical recording with the original cast that was supposed to be released October 2021. They're moving it forward by over a year. There are no plans for a Hamilton movie by anyone. This story, among others, makes that clear.

deadline.com

‘Hamilton’ Course Change: Disney Sets July 3 Streaming Release For $75 Million Lin-Manuel Miranda Musical

'Hamilton' Course Change: Disney Sets July 3 Streaming Release For $75 Million Lin-Manuel Miranda Musical

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's pretty big. They're leaving a ton of money on the table by skipping a theatrical release.

I saw it on Broadway a couple years ago, albeit not with the original cast (though the performers they had were all really good). Great show that I never expected to see again anytime soon given the cost of tickets, lol. Glad this is happening so soon.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I was supposed to see it the weekend the shelter in place went into effect in SF, for the first time, so this is very welcomed news

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Wow that's pretty big. They're leaving a ton of money on the table by skipping a theatrical release.

I saw it on Broadway a couple years ago, albeit not with the original cast (though the performers they had were all really good). Great show that I never expected to see again anytime soon given the cost of tickets, lol. Glad this is happening so soon.
I can see them still doing a theaterical release

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised at the comments about how expensive this is supposedly. We saw it last year in Louisville and it wasn't really anymore expensive than other live shows we see (ballets and whatnot).

Sure, it's off Broadway with not the original cast, which I'm sure would be insanely expensive, but outside of that it's reasonable.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What a surprise! So excited for this. I've listened to it so many times without ever seeing the show. Can't wait!