• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

Pablo is the actor playing Master Chief in the show, tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of Halo.

Previously leaked photos :
E3mk1BxX0AQA-Tc

E3mk1SIXIAEhqqk

E3mk17WXMAwnTSU

E3mk1zyXMAkKpv2

E3mk2OxWUAUR4Ow

E3mk1t9WEAEEKF4

E3mk1nBWQAQcB3L

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
A multiplayer tv show? Interesting

/s plz

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
He was so good in Orange Is the New Black that I will forever hate his guts.

Edit: Maybe Halo can change that.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
After 8 years, since the original announcement, this show had better be fantastic šŸ˜…

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Excited to see how this show turns out. Early stuff looked mostly good all things considered. Halo is going to be a hard one to translate into a tv series but we'll see. Cautiously optimistic.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
I keep forgetting this is finally happening. Hopefully we get a trailer + release date.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Very excited to see how the show turned out.

I know I've read some strange things about how they are presenting the story but I'm all in for however they feel like doing it. A different take on Halo, Cortana, Master Chief and crew is a welcome development to the franchise imo.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
The screens look good, I'm cautiously optimistic. What's the story supposed to follow?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Prophet's human nose is fucking me up.

Still think its a mistake focusing on retelling the Halo games.

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Do you think they'll show Master Chief taking his helmet off in the trailer?

I'm genuinely curious to see what people's reaction to this are going to be.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

I don't think it is even possible to please a certain sect of Halo's fanbase with a TV adaptation. Especially since they are going far afield of the games and novels with the story beats. So I am expecting a large and vocal group of incredibly vitriolic haters that I will have to ignore. But, I'm still looking forward to seeing another take on Halo. I'll just have to stay out of the TV thread on here.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

Yeah, I think Pablo's face will be shown quite a bit in the show.

The show isnt canon so its whatever. I'm just hoping it's some fun Halo media.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

That's probably the best way to approach this whole thing to be honest.

I doubt it. I bet the show will be like Mandalorian, where his face is only shown once.

Maaaaybe. I don't think these two things are directly comparable given that I believe Pablo was on set playing Master Chief for the whole shoot while Pedro Pascal often just did voice work in post. But at this point who knows, I have a feeling that this series has gone through many changes over the past year and a bit so we'll have to see.

I don't think it is even possible to please a certain sect of Halo's fanbase with a TV adaptation. Especially since they are going far afield of the games and novels with the story beats. So I am expecting a large and vocal group of incredibly vitriolic haters that I will have to ignore. But, I'm still looking forward to seeing another take on Halo. I'll just have to stay out of the TV thread on here.

I feel like the very troubled production history of this series (which will no doubt be laid out in THR or somewhere) is going to be half of the entertainment value of this thing. Initially 11 episodes which was then cut down to 8 and there were rumours in the summer (IIRC) that said it could have been cut down to just 6 one hours! I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

That's assuming that it doesn't (seemingly against all odds) actually turn out to be good, which could still be the case.

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
It not being canon helps if it sucks for me personally.

I'm going in hoping it's great, I'll always take more great Halo media. COVID disrupted the filming so hopefully that isnt too noticeable.

The whole lone human raised by the Covenant to hate humanity sounds real dumb though lol.

Paramount+ must've liked what they saw to take it from Showtime.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Paramount+ must've liked what they saw to take it from Showtime.
I personally read this more as streamers are desperate for "draws" and a show based on a popular video game franchise is a draw regardless of quality. So I don't think this is necessarily an indicator of how good the show is (though I do think visually it's on track at least).

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Oh the show is not canon? Never knew that.
this will lead to some interesting 'grabs popcorn' style discussions in the future.

i'll enjoy it as an interpretation of halo, just how I enjoy the LotR movies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You guys know showtime and paramount are both part of ViacomCBS right?
They moved it to Paramount + to kick start that service more with original content

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It can't be canon due to many things but it seems to be pointing to an alternative retelling/reality sort of thing where somethings are the same but others aren't. Things which change are peoples race, voices, relationships and some things may look different from the games "aka artistic license" and events may play out differently. Elements of the show could be canon but the show as a whole can fundamentally not be canon entirely.

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
So this looks like an adaptation of The Fall of Reach with that last shot looking like the insurrectionist asteroid base.
I dont think they are adapting it, the other Spartans cast are new characters. They seems to be telling something brand new.

It can't be canon due to many things but it seems to be pointing to an alternative retelling/reality sort of thing where somethings are the same but others aren't. Things which change are peoples race, voices, relationships and some things may look different from the games "aka artistic license" and events may play out differently. Elements of the show could be canon but the show as a whole can fundamentally not be canon entirely.
Exactly what I was gonna say.

Or Showtime hated what they saw and just handed it off to Paramount+ to try and dump it.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Itd be weird for Viacom to take a show that Showtime didnt like and use it as a big title for their all new streaming service.

Either way I've been waiting for a Halo show for a long time. I hope it's good.