• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love Halo Top.

Waffles & Pancakes, Red Velvet, Birthday Cake. I have 7 tubs of different flavours in my freezer every week.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
I use to like halo top, but then I tried Enlightened. It's way creamier and tastes better. Not only that but less sugar.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I love Halo Top. I love Enlightened.
Buy at least 4 every time I see them on sale.

Flavors are super hit and miss though.

Oct 28, 2017
Upside down
I'm dieting atm and I just eat normal Ben and Jerry's or Haagan Das. I just exercise more to make up for it. I have tried the Breyers light ice creams before, but they were super dry and didn't taste great. I'd just prefer to have less of the actual thing rather than a diet version.

Side note, what's happened to haribo in the UK, it's awful now :( that's helped my diet the most since I'm no longer eating it

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else notice that the calorie counts are starting to creep up? I didn't think to take a photo, but a couple weeks back I saw the same flavor side by side in 280 and 320 calories (and it wasn't non-dairy versus regular).

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Chalky ass ice cream. Every time I've had it, the consistency has been disgusting and inedible.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I tried to find the Mint Chip at two different stores today, no luck.

Did find local store closing out 4 flavors of Enlightened for $2.49/ea. Unfortunately 3 of the 4 were 400 calories per pint, but they were cheap so I picked up 4. It is as good as Halo Top (for the most part) and has the same low sugar content, w/more fiber and protein.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I think they're nasty but then again I only bought the super nasty Green Tea flavor so far. Taste and texture were so bad I had to chuck it out after eating 1/4 of the tub.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I think they're nasty but then again I only bought the super nasty Green Tea flavor so far. Taste and texture were so bad I had to chuck it out after eating 1/4 of the tub.

large_5222e956-b225-409b-bd79-9b69bcd6f80f.jpg

The Tea flavor is disgusting, especially the little doughy balls in it. Try the Mint Chip, it's really good.

Enlightened is really good as well- I tried the Movie Night flavor. It was great.

Both these brands are sweetened with erythritol which doesn't raise blood glucose levels. It's not a laxative so it doesn't cause stomach problems like other sugar alcohols. It's found in pears.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. My favorite flavors so far have been birthday cake, smores, and cookie dough.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
img_7835_1.jpg

This shit saved ice cream for me tbh. It made dieting a lot easier.

What are you favorite flavors? I still need to try the new pumpkin pie one

Cookie Dough, Red Velvet, & Pancakes and Waffles are the GOAT tbh
Love the mint, birthday cake, and vanilla.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Low calorie ice cream is a gift from the gods.

Cookie dough is gross.

Peaches and cream was decent.

Haven't tried any others.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Is 400 calories a pint still low? Those are the only Enlightened flavors I could get on closeout.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Halo top birthday cake any good compared to Ben and Jerry's birthdays cake the calories are different 280 for halo and over 1000 for Ben and Jerry's €4.50 a pint in Ireland when on offer.

Bryers is awful though I see it on offer for €3 don't buy it. I also see Ben and jerry have there own healthy version but has 700 calories, ah no thanks that's way to many

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Halo Top and Enlightened leave me with a pretty foul aftertaste in my mouth. Is it the Erythritol?

It's only a problem once the ice cream is gone, and an easy one to fix by brushing my teeth afterward.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Halo Top and Enlightened leave me with a pretty foul aftertaste in my mouth. Is it the Erythritol?

It's only a problem once the ice cream is gone, and an easy one to fix by brushing my teeth afterward.

Erythitol's aftertaste is usually a menthol/cool mint effect. Less noticeable in drinks and moist desserts but I find it revolting in baked goods.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to like Halo Top until I had Enlightened. I don't understand how Enlightened isn't more popular, it actually has the texture of ice cream. The coffee one in particular is delicious.

OP
OP
bye

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I used to like Halo Top until I had Enlightened. I don't understand how Enlightened isn't more popular, it actually has the texture of ice cream. The coffee one in particular is delicious.

I tried a couple of those and to me it had more of a diet ice cream texture, more alike that airy extra-churned crap that used to be everywhere.

and the flavors weren't as pronounced either. halo top has some meh flavors, but they really hit it home with most of them, comparable to regular ice cream (in some cases better like their pumpkin).

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quite like the birthday cake flavour when you let it melt a bit, and it's one of the lowest calorie ones! Cookie dough is also great but has almost double the calories iirc

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
They just released Halo Top in NZ about 6 months or so ago. I just restocked my freezer with a dozen or so pints. Restricted to only a few flavours though - chocolate, peanut butter cup, birthday cake, sea salt caramel, chocolate chip cookie dough, and candy bar. Chocolate and sea salt caramel are my favourites, and a bonus they lean on the lesser amount of calories. Chocolate in particular tastes very similar to chocolate Haagen Daas, though certainly not as creamy. Cookie dough is my least favourite (its the only flavour of those available here I don't buy).

Have been having one as a meal replacement for lunch every second day or so. Occasionally have one as a meal replacement for dinner.

Wish they had released mint chip as that's generally my favourite "normal" icecream and gelato. I feel they could have gone slightly more diverse in the flavours at least, especially given peanut butter cup and candy bar are in the same ballpark.

Am heading back to the US in March, so looking forward to trying out some other flavours, especially mint chip. Will keep an eye out for Enlightened as well thanks to recommendations here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017

Erythritol is sweeter than refined sugar, so small doses goes a long way. It doesn't make you bloated and gassy, like other alcohol sugars- maltitol, manitol, sorbitol, etc. It's a natural sugar as well, unlike the artificial sweeteners like Aspertame, so hopefully you won't have to worry about growing a third arm in 30yrs.

It's ok, at least I can tolerate it. Better than Aspertame and some of the other natural sweeteners I've tried. Halo Top and Enlightened are pretty decent all things considered.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Erythitol's aftertaste is usually a menthol/cool mint effect. Less noticeable in drinks and moist desserts but I find it revolting in baked goods.

I've only had elsewhere in Quest Bars. I don't have an issue with its flavor there so I wonder if consuming it cold alters aftertaste.

Erythritol is sweeter than refined sugar, so small doses goes a long way. It doesn't make you bloated and gassy, like other alcohol sugars- maltitol, manitol, sorbitol, etc. It's a natural sugar as well, unlike the artificial sweeteners like Aspertame, so hopefully you won't have to worry about growing a third arm in 30yrs.

It's ok, at least I can tolerate it. Better than Aspertame and some of the other natural sweeteners I've tried. Halo Top and Enlightened are pretty decent all things considered.

That's odd because this ice cream makes me crazy gassy. I'm talking heinous farts.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried the non-dairy Halo Top variants? They're made with coconut milk and seemingly have slightly higher fat/saturated fat content.

These have been on sale at Whole Foods so me and the gf stocked up and have been having at least half a pint each day for the past 4 days. I feel like I should feel guilty about indulging but we still manage to fit it comfortably within our calorie/macros plan. And plus, isn't it the whole point about this stuff is that you can indulge without guilt?

Anyway, I think I'm in love with the Birthday Cake flavor.