• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It pr
No I do have standby on. Already said that. It seems people dont read that much as I always have to explain everything over and over.

Somebody said "it should have prompted you" which caused me to doubt so I replied I'm honestly not sure if it prompted me. Based on your reply I'm guessing my initial thought that it didn't prompt me was correct.

And mostly I play Destiny, I get update prompts on that.

This is handled terribly, it needs to prompt and by default let everybody choose what to install, and also tell you the exact DL sizes on the opt in menu. For example 44GB for Halo 2? It's possible I never touch that game ever on MCC. Knowing my cap situation I could have been judicious about what to install and maybe picked up the others as needed.

Literally popping in a disc, playing a rarely played game for 15 minutes, then getting slammed for 85GB of downloads with zero notice after I turn the Xbox off and go to bed because I did that is kinda janky, and will probably cost me $30 directly. For a game I already downloaded over 100GB for once IIRC.
It does prompt you and lists the size. Source: three consoles in two days including one on standby - but standby is a bad idea for capped set-up anyway.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I blew through my monthly data multiple times due to games I dont care about downloading/updating in the background. So I turned standby off. Sucks we cant have our consoles go instant on but tell it to not download in the background.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I guess I'm done with this collection and 343 Halo in general if this is what we can expect from them in the future. They've butchered the gameplay of Halo 3 by transplanting their shitty Halo 5 aiming, hit-detection, and reduced auto-aim into the game systems. Unacceptable.

Halo 3 should not be separated from Big Team Battle. The mode should encompass all games. If this is a permanent decision then I'm out for good.

The removed voting system is a disgusting change but at least it would be bearable if they didn't absolutely butcher playlists by including nonsense like Team Snipers and weighting them for more frequent appearances over actual thought-provoking, teamwork modes.

I know I'm barking into the wind because hoping for legitimate positive change has never worked out for me. All they had to do was fix matchmaking and leave the gameplay alone.... why...
Separating Halo 3 into its own playlist is good cause before this people would vote for the H3 over anything else every time. Removing the voting is good too cause I'd rather play some of the lesser played maps.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Played some Halo 3 Big Team today. Just as good as it used to be. Except CTF. I have learned to hate CTF in Halo. 20 minute time limit? Oof.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they put the bad version of h4 with the ordinance drops in social slayer. Other then that and no descoping h4 wasn't that bad. Also the boltshot.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Tried it today, sadly there are (almost?) no matches in South America so I could not join a single game. The new UI is pretty and there's no hiccups in the intro section anymore. Will try campaign with ODST in a few days to test how it goes.

But my MCC record of 0 multiplayer games played is still intact.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
This is such a rad update especially in contrast to the state of the game when it originally launched,

I played the first three missions of Halo CE and it almost looks and feels like a completely new game in 4K and more importantly with the HDR.

Then I jumped into some Halo CE MP and it actually worked quickly and was very enjoyable.
Than I played some H2A MP and holy smokes does it look great now and once again I got into a game almost instantly.

This is what I dreamed about when they announced this game, hopping between games depending on how I feel.
Halo 2 was the pinnacle of MP for me, how does it hold up?

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I didn't really notice any pop-in issues with Halo 4 until I hit Requiem and them it's super glaring. When that campaign starts to open up a little bit, the flaws are readily apparent. I hope they fix it soon because it'll be a terrific X enhancement. It looks like a current gen game in spots.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The skill matching in this really isn't very good.

I've had quite a few blowout matches so far.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they'd added some decent sound options. The audio mix in Halo 3 and ODST is awful. Marty's score is great, but I don't need it overpowering every other sound in the game. Weapons are pathetically quiet.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is HDR exclusive to the X?
I've deleted the original version, and reinstalled the initial file plus 1 and 2, but I can't turn on HDR.

Oct 28, 2017
The skill matching in this really isn't very good.

I've had quite a few blowout matches so far.
Yeah some people are too savage, and with the framerate boost this game feels extreme with how much faster people are at aiming compared to back in the day. Some games i'm the savage one and just destroy people. I hope it levels out soon.

Im really enjoying Halo 2A, and Halo 3's speed/pacing is really starting to bother me when compared to all the other Halo's. I hate saying it though lol.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Has anybody else noticed some audio bugs in H2A multiplayer? About half the time I reload, there's no sound for it.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game gets a ton of players when it launches on game pass...

It'll be pretty awesome to see Halo doing really well again.

Edit: That said I just had my first failed matchmaking.

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Man, really hate the lack of picking your map from 3 choices like before. Pretty much never used to get the non slayer type maps before, like Bomb or King of the hill type maps, but now I'm getting them pretty often. I understand the reasoning with more variety, but there is a reason most people didnt pick them before, and now it feels like 50% of the time we get one of those variants, at least 2 people just quit once the map loads.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I like the veto function, but came to really dislike the results from voting. The mode/map selection just got too narrow.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo 4 flag games were buttery smooth Halo 3 BR hit targets at range. A party of 3 Aussie mates held together 100%, made two more middle aged mic friendly Aussie friends and one Yankee.

What is going? Happy Halo fan indeed, fucking nice work 343! D2's Forsaken will take some attention away but we're coming back to this game for a long ass time.

Also a favour to ask of veteran players and stomping parties, take it easy on lesser players/parties and lopsided games. No Halo war crimes, holding the flag for kills for 10mins etc. We should promote mic chatting and fun games with this population influx and again with game pass.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are still a good amount of glitches with halo 1. Nothing game breaking though. I had an issue where only the audio track was playing and none of the sound effects. Some other minor things too but overall it's a great edition of the game.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing they updated the playlist with all this BTB talk. I'm so glad we have BTB without Halo 3. My buds and I were really pissed when that's mostly all that we would play pre-patch.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it today, sadly there are (almost?) no matches in South America so I could not join a single game. The new UI is pretty and there's no hiccups in the intro section anymore. Will try campaign with ODST in a few days to test how it goes.

But my MCC record of 0 multiplayer games played is still intact.
I would say the population will increase after its on Gamepass next week. Give it a try then.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm guessing they updated the playlist with all this BTB talk. I'm so glad we have BTB without Halo 3. My buds and I were really pissed when that's mostly all that we would play pre-patch.

What? I can still only see H3 BTB. Have you got the multi-game BTB already?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It pr

It does prompt you and lists the size. Source: three consoles in two days including one on standby - but standby is a bad idea for capped set-up anyway.

I certainly dont remember that and am dubious. Especially about the sizes. I 100% wouldn't have allowed downloads of those sizes through if asked.

About standby, I'm rethinking it, but fact is I haven't really had this type of issue before with other games. Although I only have played a handful of games this gen.

I cant think of any games off the top of my head that are just gonna download 80GB after their initial full size install. Two or more times since MCC has a huge initial DL IIRC, that I dealt with long ago whenever I purchased it.

The only thing I'm complaining about too be clear is not being warned even in standby. I'm not complaining the game is too big or something. That amount of content is fantastic of course.

Here is my internet usage graph. I had zero idea that 124GB spike was coming. The 50GB spike was actually me downloading Halo Wars 2 from game pass. You see as mentioned I know my cap well, and know that I can typically fit one ~50GB game download per month in (if desired), so that was planned, unlike the 124GB spike.

h9a8i2f.png

Due to the unexpected spike I'm already at 95.3% of cap this month for the period ending 9/11. I'm going to go 50 if not 100GB over this month, at $15 per 50 GB overage fee.

This was so unexpected I didn't have a clue until I got up this morning, and saw my ISP put a data use warning at the top of the first web page I surfed too. Then I went to my ISP's daily usage page and figured everything out, and what must have happened (hey, I played Halo MCC last night, wtf, did it literally download all that??)

Last edited:

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Played a little yesterday and a little bit today. Just going to stick to the original three as much as possible. I hate how glitchy H2A feels. But oh my god does Team Slayer and specifically Team Snipers pop up. I rarely played Team Slayer the first time around, I just want to play some skirmishes.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've really been feeling the itch for some old school Halo. Been seriously thinking about getting an XB1 just to play with some old friends like we did back in the day, but I've got a wedding to plan and it's hard to justify a console for one game. Well that and H5, I guess.

Haven't played an old-school shooter seriously since Reach and I def miss it.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they'd added some decent sound options. The audio mix in Halo 3 and ODST is awful. Marty's score is great, but I don't need it overpowering every other sound in the game. Weapons are pathetically quiet.
The 3/ODST audio port has seemed fairly inaccurate since MCC's launch. It's not just the balance that's off, effects like radio chatter can sound different.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Aww then I'm being misleading. I'm not home but with the BTB talk, I thought they updated the playlist :(. Sorry about that.

Ah ok! They have said they're gonna add a multi-game BTB playlist. It's just not there yet. I can't wait! I wanna play the other games BTB.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Having a blast with a party running through the new playlists. Always would run into issues with groups on the previous MCC so it's great to finally get things going.

Larsowitz

Nov 24, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Does anyone here know how to adjust the HDR settings? Should the HDR brightness setting be adjusted to the peak luminance/nit level of the TV?
I am using a 2017 Panasonic OLED btw.

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy with my matchmaking experience tonight.

Didn't have to wait long no matter the playlist and no connection issues all night. I look forward to further improvements to campaigns and I hope people get all the fixes they're asking for. But right now I can play classic Halo online again and it works.

Also, holy crap Halo 4 is much faster than I remembered.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Does anyone here know how to adjust the HDR settings? Should the HDR brightness setting be adjusted to the peak luminance/nit level of the TV?
I am using a 2017 Panasonic OLED btw.
I think 1000 nits is the max you can do on MCC, most games go way above that. My TV maxes out around 1100 so it's not that bad for me.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Aiming feels like shit in H2C; vertical sense is slow as shit compared to horizontal.

Really hope this comes to PC; trying to go back to controller and "I have no peripheral vision" FOV is painful. And no veto or map vote option? Lolwut

At least Halo 1 still feels good

Last edited:

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stress enough how much of a glorious gaming miracle that we have all the Halo games in 4K/60FPS/HDR.

THEY LOOK SO GOOD

And the gameplay is timeless. Looking forward to my 1 mission a day playthrough of 1-5.

AYY LAMO

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland
I'm sorry if this seems like a drive by post but I cantc be the only one here who sees this as too little too late, I mean the game launched in an unacceptable state wholeat the same time shilling for the halo 5 beta telling me to preorder the game, I felt insulted after playing online for an hour, matches ended at 15 kills in team player, 6 player matches somehow got assigned 3v2v1 teams, game crashed often and matchmaking took me 45 minutes to get matches day 1, don't get me wrong I'm glad this ship is being saved but 2.5 years later is not an acceptable time frame.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In this day and age it's bloody nice a company has gone back and redeveloped what should have been to hold true to their word. I'm thankful for the current state of Halo now, Halo 5 and MCC are sweet indeed. Time to enjoy and move forward. Had an absolute fucking blast with MCC and some buddies last night, just like old times.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Veto just resulted in H3 BR starts over everything. Never enjoyed how narrow the map selection got.