• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about the console version, but this definitely isn't true on PC.
What a load of rubbish. The package is honestly fine now.
Halo 1 has broken audio all over the place and input issues which makes guns have different spread and behaviors compared to the previous releases on other platforms and MCC prior to the 2020 PC update, which had regressions which went back to the xbox. Performance is overall lower on consoles than it was prior to the PC release and Xbox update. Also classic aiming doesn't work at all, as in you can not look around at all.

Halo 2 has suffered huge performance issues in campaign, with people reporting drops as low as the high 20s even on One X consoles after the PC update. AI and other framerate influenced issues continue to be unfixed and unchanged since 2014 5.1 audio is completely broken. Guns do not function as they did in 2004 in the MCC port with firing rates often being off, the extent of the root cause of this issue has yet to be fully investigated. Since the PC update, the game doesn't use the full res textures on some platforms where it previously had been able to.

Halo 3 has issues with it's specular maps (and so does reach). Changes in MCC still have effected its netcode negatively. There is also reason to believe the change to 60 FPS has altered damage scaling (this is confirmed in reach). Performance has degraded in xbox versions since the PC release.

Reach has audio issues as well, but it is not as severe as it was at launch. However, recent updates broke the specular effects on all the ingame objects, and it has an issue where damage isn't scaling correctly. This is most easily seen in the space combat, where on PC the game because significantly easier when the FPS cap is set to 30. This damage scaling issue with projectiles is an issue universally though the game.

Halo 4 has multiple instances of broken lighting (at least one cinematic has no lighting at all), and visual artifacts as textures render where they shouldn't in areas. More importantly, there seems to be an issue which increases the rate of garbage collection in the game the longer it is played, where dropped weapons in campaign will despawn even faster than they did previously or on the 360, sometimes just by moving the camera away from them.

These games are terribly preserved, and the known issues list continues to grow on 343's site with every update they put out. Sure maybe if you don't care about the integrity of the gameplay, and just want to casually shoot some aliens it's fine. But at the end of the day, the groundbreaking audio work done in this series, the meticulously tuned and tested gameplay has been altered, and the developers intended weapon functionality is broken in nearly every game in the series.

They're mediocre ports, accepted by people with apparently mediocre standards. It shouldn't be controversial to at the bare minimum, expect these games to play the way they did when they originally. And certainly shouldn't be "rubbish" to expect these games to play the way they did before on xbox before they were updated this year for the PC ports .

Sorry if asked already: whats the best way to play this collection on a Series X for a physical gamer? MS hasnt put out a newer box with updates included right?

Digital download is the only way, the discs content is at this point 100% replaced by the update you will have to download. Ideally to play Halo as it was intended, you'd need to use the back compat versions (and h3 runs at 4k on X!) but yesterday 343 removed all the xbox 360 versions from the Marketplace and Gamepass. So you are better off just picking up 360 discs.

Last edited:

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo 1 has broken audio all over the place and input issues which makes guns have different spread and behaviors compared to the previous releases on other platforms and MCC prior to the 2020 PC update, which had regressions which went back to the xbox. Performance is overall lower on consoles than it was prior to the PC release and Xbox update. Also classic aiming doesn't work at all, as in you can not look around at all.

Halo 2 has suffered huge performance issues in campaign, with people reporting drops as low as the high 20s even on One X consoles after the PC update. AI and other framerate influenced issues continue to be unfixed and unchanged since 2014 5.1 audio is completely broken. Guns do not function as they did in 2004 in the MCC port with firing rates often being off, the extent of the root cause of this issue has yet to be fully investigated. Since the PC update, the game doesn't use the full res textures on some platforms where it previously had been able to.

Halo 3 has issues with it's specular maps (and so does reach). Changes in MCC still have effected its netcode negatively. There is also reason to believe the change to 60 FPS has altered damage scaling (this is confirmed in reach). Performance has degraded in xbox versions since the PC release.

Reach has audio issues as well, but it is not as severe as it was at launch. However, recent updates broke the specular effects on all the ingame objects, and it has an issue where damage isn't scaling correctly. This is most easily seen in the space combat, where on PC the game because significantly easier when the FPS cap is set to 30. This damage scaling issue with projectiles is an issue universally though the game.

Halo 4 has multiple instances of broken lighting, and visual artifacts as textures render where they shouldn't in areas. More importantly, there seems to be an issue which increases the rate of garbage collection in the game the longer it is played, where dropped weapons in campaign will despawn even faster than they did previously or on the 360, sometimes just by moving the camera away from them.

These games are terribly preserved, and the known issues list continues to grow on 343's site with every update they put out. Sure maybe if you don't care about the integrity of the gameplay, and just want to casually shoot some aliens it's fine. But at the end of the day, the groundbreaking audio work done in this series, the meticulously tuned and tested gameplay has been altered, and the developers intended weapon functionality is broken in nearly every game in the series.

They're mediocre ports, accepted by people with apparently mediocre standards. It shouldn't be controversial to at the bare minimum, expect these games to play the way they did when they originally. And certainly shouldn't be "rubbish" to expect these games to play the way they did before on xbox before they were updated this year for the PC ports .
I bet you keep asking Disney for the unaltered OG Star Wars trilogy, too.

I'm just yanking your chain, I get your point.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I bet you keep asking Disney for the unaltered OG Star Wars trilogy, too.

I'm just yanking your chain, I get your point.

Well the OG SW films don't exist anymore, my understanding is that when they made the SE's they ruined whatever copies of the original they had. Same is actually true for H1, Bungie never had a final backup of the source code, hence some of the issues in the PC port which exist in MCC. Luckily there is Xbox BC to work around this, they just need to release the original on it so it can be preserved. I don't really fault 343 for not having an Xbox faithful version of CE in the MCC, but I do think the game shouldn't have degraded the way it has with the latest update, and all the available control schemes should be playable instead of locking your aiming/movement. You can just set it to classic to observe.
They aren't prefect, but they are on average better than their original 2014 release, especially with the version of H CE:A now using Custom Edition.

HCEA has always been based on a version of Custom Edition. The reason it can load CE maps in this latest update with varying success is just due to them re enabling it to read data from those maps. It's hard to argue they are on average better than 2014. Like yes they have HDR (sometimes poorly added), 4k support, custom FOVs and better graphics on some platforms, and in H2's case some gameplay features (dual wielding elites) have been fixed. H3's audio is no longer backwards (there was an issue where basically up was down, and left was right). But you have gameplay altering bugs which have been introduced and new audio issues throughout the games. Plus the fact these games all now run worse on the same hardware they launched and were updated for. I'd consider those pretty serious regressions. And yeah, credit where it's due they don't crash as often as they did on the shipped disc, and matchmaking works. But those more buggy versions still were more faithful to the original games.

Last edited:

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
HCEA has always been based on a version of Custom Edition. The reason it can load CE maps in this latest update with varying success is just due to them re enabling it to read data from those maps. It's hard to argue they are on average better than 2014. Like yes they have HDR (sometimes poorly added), 4k support, custom FOVs and better graphics on some platforms, and in H2's case some gameplay features (dual wielding elites) have been fixed. H3's audio is no longer backwards (there was an issue where basically up was down, and left was right). But you have gameplay altering bugs which have been introduced and new audio issues throughout the games. Plus the fact these games all now run worse on the same hardware they launched and were updated for. I'd consider those pretty serious regressions. And yeah, credit where it's due they don't crash as often as they did on the shipped disc, and matchmaking works. But those more buggy versions still were more faithful to the original games.
343 has said they are going to over the bugs after all the games were added to the MCC PC. Halo MCC isn't perfect but the amount of work done to get to a better place is amazing. We are going to get per game modding tools so we could see a new version Eldwrito for the MCC version of Halo 3. Personally I am wanting Saber to provide Anniversary assets for things like the Engineers and other hidden objects in the game code so modders can have fun with it. The re-release for the MCC has been messy, but the overall pacakage is getting so better as we go.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Halo 4 has multiple instances of broken lighting (at least one cinematic has no lighting at all), and visual artifacts as textures render where they shouldn't in areas. More importantly, there seems to be an issue which increases the rate of garbage collection in the game the longer it is played, where dropped weapons in campaign will despawn even faster than they did previously or on the 360, sometimes just by moving the camera away from them.

Well, you did bring receipts. 😆

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
343 has said they are going to over the bugs after all the games were added to the MCC PC. Halo MCC isn't perfect but the amount of work done to get to a better place is amazing. We are going to get per game modding tools so we could see a new version Eldwrito for the MCC version of Halo 3. Personally I am wanting Saber to provide Anniversary assets for things like the Engineers and other hidden objects in the game code so modders can have fun with it. The re-release for the MCC has been messy, but the overall pacakage is getting so better as we go.

I mean full disclaimer, I have been a modding Halo CE since like 2004, projects I have led have ended up on websites such as PC gamer and we last year won mod of the year on Moddb. We have an upcoming release and one of our former collaborators works on MCC as well, with his work on the Halo CE engine which we then used to make our projects being one of the things that attracted 343 to his talent. I've been to their studio and met with multiple people involved with MCC in the past.

So I don't say any out of spite or some personal grudge against anyone working on the game. Full mod support would be amazing for MCC, but from a development perspective I want a solid game to build on. Adding mod support to make people happy, while ignoring some pretty huge elephants in the room at the engine level isn't what anyone should be accepting either. I get people are excited about new armors, new features and modding and anything that is immediately going to grant instant gratification. It's sad because there is no real care from it seems anyone about these games being preserved, with the extra sting coming from them removing the BC titles from the marketplace and flaunting reviews from IGN with things such as "extremely polished" when it is the complete opposite as every update introduces new bugs.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I mean full disclaimer, I have been a modding Halo CE since like 2004, projects I have led have ended up on websites such as PC gamer and we last year won mod of the year on Moddb. We have an upcoming release and one of our former collaborators works on MCC as well, with his work on the Halo CE engine which we then used to make our projects being one of the things that attracted 343 to his talent. I've been to their studio and met with multiple people involved with MCC in the past.

So I don't say any out of spite or some personal grudge against anyone working on the game. Full mod support would be amazing for MCC, but from a development perspective I want a solid game to build on. Adding mod support to make people happy, while ignoring some pretty huge elephants in the room at the engine level isn't what anyone should be accepting either. I get people are excited about new armors, new features and modding and anything that is immediately going to grant instant gratification. It's sad because there is no real care from it seems anyone about these games being preserved, with the extra sting coming from them removing the BC titles from the marketplace and flaunting reviews from IGN with things such as "extremely polished" when it is the complete opposite as every update introduces new bugs.
Every update is a give and take when it comes to the bugs. That Halo 3 ghost driver bug was amazing to be honest. Personally I think they need to rework the cutscene for ODST to be seen as two separate cutscenes. The way you are phrasing things makes the games sound like smoldering piles of ash with googly eyes put on top of said pile to make it look better. 343 has said they be doing a bug fix pass over all the games. I'm still upset about the Campaign Co-op online issues, myself. I think their earlier design from the 2014 is biting them in the butt, so they are still working against that. To be honest I want that Pizza Time thing they did for fun in the office to be a Skull for reach. 343 has already promised 2 years of features and fixes for the games. I think they should get a team to upscale textures and rework some models in Halo 3 and ODST along. The ears are so ugly.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do get masterz point though. There are many bugs especially in campaign mode that do need to be fixed.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how much they are going to fix this year since this year is mostly focused on mod support

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Every update is a give and take when it comes to the bugs. That Halo 3 ghost driver bug was amazing to be honest. Personally I think they need to rework the cutscene for ODST to be seen as two separate cutscenes. The way you are phrasing things makes the games sound like smoldering piles of ash with googly eyes put on top of said pile to make it look better. 343 has said they be doing a bug fix pass over all the games. I'm still upset about the Campaign Co-op online issues, myself. I think their earlier design from the 2014 is biting them in the butt, so they are still working against that. To be honest I want that Pizza Time thing they did for fun in the office to be a Skull for reach. 343 has already promised 2 years of features and fixes for the games. I think they should get a team to upscale textures and rework some models in Halo 3 and ODST along. The ears are so ugly.

As far as that update was entertaining with the vehicles driving themselves, and projectiles going through the map and randomly killing players, it shows a pretty deep problem when they for whatever reason, money or time, feel the need to rush out updates without proper QA. That update was pushed out without a single test, and the problems were identified within minutes of playing the game. Postums (MCC community manager) made a post on twitter asking people to join him in a custom games to identify the reported bugs, only to post within 10 minutes he got all the info they needed.

My own Halo project is a 17 mission campaign with 4 firefight maps, and it is a grueling task to properly test, so I don't blame them for having challenges in testing, but when you don't even play the games for even an hour before pushing it out to millions of people, and 2 of the 5 games have issues that huge its a pretty glaring indicator that your QA and way of doing things is deeply flawed.

I do wonder how much they are going to fix this year since this year is mostly focused on mod support
No one seems to care so why should they? 343 doesn't tell it's influencers to not say bad things, but prominent community members do have a lot to lose by calling them out on things. Like no one talks publicly that the delay of Infinite due to COVID has been a clear outright lie, but it's obvious to anyone marginally informed.

The game isn't in a Cyberpunk state, but it's far from what anyone would accept from another port of a game series. I think people are just glad to see it improve from the multiplayer being unplayable at the start, and 343 has tossed out lots of goodies in the game to give people to play to the point they don't really pay attention. Rome is burning but there's bread and circuses to distract people from the fact these landmark games are becoming buggier every 2-3 months and the ability to even play the original titles is being wiped from the xbox.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I bought a xbone in 2014 and took couple days off just for MCC release... you know how this went.
That sour taste never left sadly.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they do have Saber doing a pass at CEA and H2A, so I expect some fixes there at the very least, seems like some people have already seen the modding tools too. so idk what else they are going to do for the whole year besides finish those, work on S5 content and bug/feature fixes and additions.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I love the MCC package and have had no issues with it as I replay on Series X. Guess I just have mediocre standards *rolls fucking eyes*.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
As far as that update was entertaining with the vehicles driving themselves, and projectiles going through the map and randomly killing players, it shows a pretty deep problem when they for whatever reason, money or time, feel the need to rush out updates without proper QA. That update was pushed out without a single test, and the problems were identified within minutes of playing the game. Postums (MCC community manager) made a post on twitter asking people to join him in a custom games to identify the reported bugs, only to post within 10 minutes he got all the info they needed.

My own Halo project is a 17 mission campaign with 4 firefight maps, and it is a grueling task to properly test, so I don't blame them for having challenges in testing, but when you don't even play the games for even an hour before pushing it out to millions of people, and 2 of the 5 games have issues that huge its a pretty glaring indicator that your QA and way of doing things is deeply flawed.
I think the issue is that some people are using the insider build as a way to play the game earlier rather than provide better feedback. Grant this style is a MS issue and not just a MCC issue. Don't get me started on MS's issues, they released a build of Windows that broke EAC and broke Halo MCC through the Windows Store.

They should look into making indirect Slayer a gametype for Halo 2.

Again I have to disagree that the games are getting buggier. Maybe more small bugs are popping up, but some the bigger issues are being fixed and addressed. The teams they have working on the MCC is about 40 people, maybe? They have 7/8 engines running the MCC so that is a lot of work and everything that they've done is earned some trust from me. I don't think there is one studio except a few like Nintendo that hasn't released a game that is running into issues, though not as bad as cyberpunk. QA and testing is a little harder when working remote, which means they rely on the Insiders who are playtesting the game. They should get a QA firm to help them with it, I do agree with that.

Dec 13, 2018
It's not the look. The level design in Halo 1 is very much a 2001 fps, it has not aged well overall.
To me the silent cartographer is one of the best halo levels of all time. Sure the library is kind of annoying, and there's some awkwardness waiting for stuff to start sometimes after a checkpoint. But I didn't really find the level design dated and it even reminded me of how original it was at the time and continues to be. Maybe it's dated, but it doesn't feel like other games from the time at all, it's its own thing.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they do have Saber doing a pass at CEA and H2A, so I expect some fixes there at the very least, seems like some people have already seen the modding tools too. so idk what else they are going to do for the whole year besides finish those, work on S5 content and bug/feature fixes and additions.

Saber working on them again is a good sign, but their involvement could be related to mod tools and their own engine tech which was used in CEA 10 years ago and H2A 6. At this point, Saber is needed to be involved with some of these legacy systems as they are the only ones who understand them. I'd hope things related to tick rate and visual/audio downgrades are handled by them.
I love the MCC package and have had no issues with it as I replay on Series X. Guess I just have mediocre standards *rolls fucking eyes*.

Well you are playing a game that was less buggy in the campaigns a year ago than you are now. I guess 120 FPS really means a lot to you more so than everything else listed above. I guess you have a one x so performance issues aren't an issue for you. Great fuck yours got mine attitude here. If you enjoy MCC as it is great, lots of us who are fans of the franchise would like the games to perform, look, sound and function as they did a year ago.
I think the issue is that some people are using the insider build as a way to play the game earlier rather than provide better feedback. Grant this style is a MS issue and not just a MCC issue. Don't get me started on MS's issues, they released a build of Windows that broke EAC and broke Halo MCC through the Windows Store.

They should look into making indirect Slayer a gametype for Halo 2.

Again I have to disagree that the games are getting buggier. Maybe more small bugs are popping up, but some the bigger issues are being fixed and addressed. The teams they have working on the MCC is about 40 people, maybe? They have 7/8 engines running the MCC so that is a lot of work and everything that they've done is earned some trust from me. I don't think there is one studio except a few like Nintendo that hasn't released a game that is running into issues, though not as bad as cyberpunk. QA and testing is a little harder when working remote, which means they rely on the Insiders who are playtesting the game. They should get a QA firm to help them with it, I do agree with that.
They've been seeing a decrease is user engagement with the Betas. Most bugs don't get fixed when reported and most launches have shipped with nearly all those known bugs from the flights still there, and in a few cases with more bugs than the flights.

To me the silent cartographer is one of the best halo levels of all time. Sure the library is kind of annoying, and there's some awkwardness waiting for stuff to start sometimes after a checkpoint. But I didn't really find the level design dated and it even reminded me of how original it was at the time and continues to be. Maybe it's dated, but it doesn't feel like other games from the time at all, it's its own thing.

Library has an interesting story where it was supposed to be like a spiral staircase that wrapped around the center platform. However rendering issues on the xbox made them have to close up lots of the sightlines and get rid of some of the gameplay features

I think the biggest problem with H1's level design is just some of the copy and pasted rooms in AOTCR/2 Betrayals. Also as production values have gotten bigger, the levels you go through backwards are looked at more as lazy and boring, where as in the day they were really cool because you were getting a campaign double the length of most shooters before it, and you were getting to revisit these play spaces with new gameplay twists. I always thought it was really cool, just like how in Pokemon G&S you could go back to the R/B areas and see them with marginal changes.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
They've been seeing a decrease is user engagement with the Betas. Most bugs don't get fixed when reported and most launches have shipped with nearly all those known bugs from the flights still there, and in a few cases with more bugs than the flights.
I'm starting to think it is a MS issue not a 343 issue, the Windows flight process has the same issues to be honest.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh good, I was able to get into the collection before downloading the whole thing. \o/ Now I just have Halo 1 and 2 SP installed for now.

It's not the look. The level design in Halo 1 is very much a 2001 fps, it has not aged well overall.

Felt like Assault on the Control Room and Library were the worst (especially how long the former was, although it at least had the tank for a bit), along with the whole lets go through some levels backwards!

Still, the earlier levels were pretty cool, especially Silent Cartographer. Shall see how i feel about these levels again when I get around to Anniversary.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Nope. Still broken on the One X. It sucks that 343i is out there promoting 120fps modes on the new consoles when it can't even maintain a locked 60 during the campaigns on last gen's most powerful console. And they've acknowledged the issue a few times on forums when people complained but never promised any update to fix it AFAIK.

It's ridiculous to be honest. They clearly mucked something up with Reach as it was steady 60 before. Should be unacceptable to have it now drop in the 10s and 20s.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Well you are playing a game that was less buggy in the campaigns a year ago than you are now. I guess 120 FPS really means a lot to you more so than everything else listed above. I guess you have a one x so performance issues aren't an issue for you. Great fuck yours got mine attitude here. If you enjoy MCC as it is great, lots of us who are fans of the franchise would like the games to perform, look, sound and function as they did a year ago.

Don't get defensive when you started with shit like saying others standards are mediocre. The frame rate doesn't mean that much to me, I'm saying my experience has seemed completely normal when playing through the campaigns.

I'm a fan too and I'm allowed to say something positive about my experience.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get defensive when you started with shit like saying others standards are mediocre. The frame rate doesn't mean that much to me, I'm saying my experience has seemed completely normal when playing through the campaigns.

I'm a fan too and I'm allowed to say something positive about my experience.
Yeah you can say whatever you want, but in this case you are wrong. You say there are no issues you notice and issues are being pointed out which you are choosing to ignore. It's great the game works great for you on your new $500 Xbox, but even just performance wise it doesn't run as expected on the regular S and X.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you can say whatever you want, but in this case you are wrong. You say there are no issues you notice and issues are being pointed out which you are choosing to ignore. It's great the game works great for you on your new $500 Xbox, but even just performance wise it doesn't run as expected on the regular S and X.

I'm wrong that my experience as a fan has been fine and that I'm happy with it? I seriously can't roll my eyes any harder.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wrong that my experience as a fan has been fine and that I'm happy with it? I seriously can't roll my eyes any harder.
You're wrong in that you believe there is no issue with the game. Just because you enjoy a buggy mess that distorts how these games were intended to be played doesn't mean it's a non issue, or should be brushed aside.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
My Xbox One is just for this game. Bought the machine 2 years ago and it is the only game I own for it. No regrets.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I have the collection for pc but i'm having an issue right now where it keeps saying matchmaking fail, what should i do?

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad it was mostly fixed by now, but it's fucking pathetic that it took them an entire console generation to fix a motherfucking HALO game. The delays for Infinite only compound my disappointment with 343 as the Halo gatekeepers, and I have mixed feelings towards their upcoming game. They should be embarrassed that Halo isn't the system seller it once was, because of their ineptitude, and now merely another game on a Gamepass list.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
You're wrong in that you believe there is no issue with the game. Just because you enjoy a buggy mess that distorts how these games were intended to be played doesn't mean it's a non issue, or should be brushed aside.

I said I haven't had any issues and that my experience has been fine and fun. But continue being on the offensive about how wrong I am for enjoying this collection.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
You might need to calm down a little. You are toeing the life of personal attacks.

The game isn't perfect, but since can enjoy it as it is right now.

Dec 13, 2018
It's hard not to have mixed feelings about the master chief collection. Microsoft pretty much lost me with the Xbox One, but I love halo and adored pretty much everything bungie put out, so I'm glad that there's an actively maintained collection of the halo series. In fact, while I found the halo CE upgrades to be a disgusting eye sore that somehow aged worse than the original graphics, what 343 did with halo 2 to me is just incredible. All that being said, I just recently got MCC with my series X and even though I'm enjoying replaying the campaigns, it's surprisingly buggy. I can not fathom how this was at launch if things are still a little rough (some places more than a little). I thought I was maybe letting nostalgia wipe away my memory of things, but the more I play the more I just think there's some unique 343 bugs in there. And while I'm 3 levels away from finishing, I wish halo 3 had gotten the love halo 2 got, it's weird going from the 2nd to what feels like a bit of a downgrade in the 3rd. Like textures for the cutscene I just watched were missing from the covenant ships.

On a side note, I've been randomly playing halo 5 multiplayer, and at least that is a high watermark IMO for halo. Haven't played 4 or 5's campaign yet so hopefully those turn out okay.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I said I haven't had any issues and that my experience has been fine and fun. But continue being on the offensive about how wrong I am for enjoying this collection.

I'm not saying you are "wrong" for having fun with the MCC, I am saying you are wrong in that you have not had any issues. You have been having issues, you just aren't aware of it. You just don't care about the issues with the game because you don't notice them, and claim they don't matter.
You might need to calm down a little. You are toeing the life of personal attacks.

The game isn't perfect, but since can enjoy it as it is right now.
It's difficult to not get frustrated with someone who thinks their anecdotal observations are as valid as factual documented research into the game. I don't think there is anything wrong with having fun with the game even in it's broken state. It's especially frustrating when posts like his are used by 343 as excuses that the bugs don't matter. I literally have a senior people on the MCC in my DMs discounting the bugs due to the excuse of "but people are still having fun with it right? So how serious are they" and "You expect us to fix ALL the bugs?" I for obvious reasons won't post that publicly, but am happy to confirm with a mod if it requires validation.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying you are "wrong" for having fun with the MCC, I am saying you are wrong in that you have not had any issues. You have been having issues, you just aren't aware of it. You just don't care about the issues with the game because you don't notice them, and claim they don't matter.

If I'm not noticing these issues that are a "buggy mess" then of course I won't care and they won't matter to my experience. Issues I don't even realize are issues are insignificant.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The games do have their lingering issues, mostly minor, but it's an unprecedented collection and port that has a number of enhancements over the originals to where I can't go back. Bungie's intended vision of Halo 3 was playing with a FOV equivalent of looking through a cardboard tube and aiming with an Etch-a-Sketch on a crosshair that's near the bottom of the screen. I'm not kidding when I say I'm appreciating Halo 3 for the first time with MCC along with high framerates, seamless game switching, and snappy cross-play multiplayer. Sorry if it sucks on your Xbox One, but as a PC port it's lovely.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely not mediocre ports, that's just silly level of hyperbole. Yes, there are still issues but most of that stuff is pretty minor, especially considering the big improvements in other areas.

It's also mostly on the console side, which makes sense given that most of the development time probably went to PC as they were new releases there.

Last edited: