• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
What a misinformed post. Do you seriously think that they have not done their due diligence? Microsoft had their own anti-cheat teams that worked on FH4, for example. And yet still they decided to go with EAC, as well as a tons of other biggest games out there right now. Sure probably because EAC is the shittiest. Makes a ton of sense.
Sure bud.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Have 343 commented on the audio mess since the release?
Yes it's being worked on but will take awhile, pretty much they will be upgrading the codec they are using or using a new one. They have been aware of the issues but it's something that will need to be done for pretty much every game

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Finally played for half an hour last night, even on monitor speakers I could tell the sound was not great.

Though on an i5-6500 at 1080p and default settings the game was playable. I still need to pull up the frame rate, it wasn't great, but smooth enough to play a campaign.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
1440p/60hz with enhanced graphics on my middling gaming laptop no issue.

Noticed via FRAPS that the game seems to be running at 62 FPS even when V-Sync is enabled and 60 FPS lock set in-game.

Haven't noticed any issues though, so keeping it as is.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.

Yea, I'm out. See you guys next year I guess. 343i the same as they always were. Good efforts, but able to fuck up the most basic of things.
Was excited to play tonight until I hopped into this thread. Right there with you. How can an audio mix issue be missed during production?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
i5 7500
1060 6Gb
16Gb rams

Playing on enhanced at 1080p - Was getting between 100-170 FPS but I kept having to stop and press the guide button to see the FPS as I dont have it on over gameplay.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking up some videos to get an idea of some of the audio issues people are having. It's definitely not breaking up on my end, and I can't say I really noticed a problem with directional sound being way off like in some of the footage I watched. I think I would've picked up on that. Very odd.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
the only thing i noticed is radio chatter from command sounds jarring and out of sync with the other voices. But

ironically that makes it seem more like radio chatter.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Coop is literally unplayable. I also get audio crackling when I play a private match.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So I have a 2080ti, and I assumed that this game would basically just be a joke for that thing. But it's getting super framey in the multiplayer matches, I have a G-Sync monitor too so I'm extra surprised at how noticable it seems. Is this something to do with this weird frame duplication thing when you activate the unlimited framerates?

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
So for whatever reason, my pc forcibly restarts due to overheating within a couple of minutes after launching the game. I tested it again with no other apps open (browser, folders, etc...) and it still forcibly restarts due to overheating within a couple of minutes after launching. I'm not even sure what's the problem

I have a 2060 super and i7 4790k

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a 2080ti, and I assumed that this game would basically just be a joke for that thing. But it's getting super framey in the multiplayer matches, I have a G-Sync monitor too so I'm extra surprised at how noticable it seems. Is this something to do with this weird frame duplication thing when you activate the unlimited framerates?
Yeah there are duplicate frames, it's actually better to lock to 120 or 240, it's way better that way. This is being worked on though

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah there are duplicate frames, it's actually better to lock to 120 or 240, it's way better that way. This is being worked on though
So my monitor has a max refresh rate of 120, so I'd gladly lock it to that, however the options menu only allows up to 60FPS lock. I assume I need to lock this either in the Nvidia controls or in some .ini file somewhere? Is it better to just do 60FPS lock since it seems to be "optimized" for that specifically?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So for whatever reason, my pc forcibly restarts due to overheating within a couple of minutes after launching the game. I tested it again with no other apps open (browser, folders, etc...) and it still forcibly restarts due to overheating within a couple of minutes after launching. I'm not even sure what's the problem

I have a 2060 super and i7 4790k

Could it be that it's pushing too many frames? Have you set a frame rate limit?

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of screen tearing on every match is there a way to fix it? I'm getting 70fps to 120fps on average and the screen tearing still happens

My specs: GTX 970, i7 4790k, 32GB Ram

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So my monitor has a max refresh rate of 120, so I'd gladly lock it to that, however the options menu only allows up to 60FPS lock. I assume I need to lock this either in the Nvidia controls or in some .ini file somewhere? Is it better to just do 60FPS lock since it seems to be "optimized" for that specifically?
Lock to 60.
I'm having a lot of screen tearing on every match is there a way to fix it? I'm getting 70fps to 120fps on average and the screen tearing still happens

My specs: GTX 970, i7 4790k, 32GB Ram
Lock to 60.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Do 240 if you want it to feel more like 120hz, trust me

Download Riva Tuner (RTSS) and cap your frames there rather than in-game

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I did set the in-game limit of 60 and turned v-sync so I'm not sure what's causing the problem

That's very odd then. I'm assuming you don't have crazy overclocks running either. If you run/download RTSS, you can at least keep an eye on what's overheating or otherwise off through the overlay.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say I'm not feeling very forgiving when it comes to the audio issues. Most of the time in the campaign I cannot even hear my own weapons fire if there is a lot of crossfire. Its a legitimate problem. For something as sensitive as this release and all the bravado about doing right by the Halo name to STILL have an ostensibly gamebreaking issue is puzzling to me. I bought the release on Steam for my library as well, I'm not just playing on Gamepass.

Other than that it runs and plays great!

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Can't get the game to start properly at all. It launches, does the XGS and 343i film and then CTDs and launches me in to the Store on the Reach page.

Yes, the game is fully installed, updated and has even be reset.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
On an i5-3570k and a GTX 970. Running the game at 1440p. With the framerate set to unlimited, it's in the 100+ FPS range. However there are times where it feels like the game will stutter or slowdown for just a split second. I'm not seeing the FPS drop in my in-game counter, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or what could be the issue?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
On an i5-3570k and a GTX 970. Running the game at 1440p. With the framerate set to unlimited, it's in the 100+ FPS range. However there are times where it feels like the game will stutter or slowdown for just a split second. I'm not seeing the FPS drop in my in-game counter, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or what could be the issue?

Cap at 60 fps.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.

Yea, I'm out. See you guys next year I guess. 343i the same as they always were. Good efforts, but able to fuck up the most basic of things.
Sigh. Disappointing. Realistically I only want to play though the campaign once.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Framerate feels like 30 even though it's saying 120 or higher on my 144hz display. I understand the unlocked framerate is "experimental" but even 60 feels slower than 60.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
it feels fine at 60fps for me, it does feel like it has more input lag than halo 1 pc, but it didn't try many modes apart from fullscreen with vsync (which is how I played halo 1 PC)
performance is obviously good, the gpu usage is super low, but I was surprised by the CPU usage, it's very high on a quad core i5 for such an old game, so I can see that if you go for over 60FPS with such a CPU that it could start to stutter and behave weirdly, but with the 60FPS cap it was completely smooth.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand the multiplayer, is it just a random set of rules everygame? I thought Halo used to be a bit like an arena shooter, run around, pick up weapons, shoot bang. Been in too many "this gun only" games, its dull.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
it feels fine at 60fps for me, it does feel like it has more input lag than halo 1 pc, but it didn't try many modes apart from fullscreen with vsync (which is how I played halo 1 PC)
performance is obviously good, the gpu usage is super low, but I was surprised by the CPU usage, it's very high on a quad core i5 for such an old game, so I can see that if you go for over 60FPS with such a CPU that it could start to stutter and behave weirdly, but with the 60FPS cap it was completely smooth.

yeah i wouldnt even call it input lag, its like the game has built in delay on inputs to simulate momentum.. a bit similiar to rdr 2, except there you can see all the animations play out, which makes it feel somewhat natural, but here, well, it just feels like you're constantly chasing after inputs. I got used to it though, but I dunno. Feels a bit odd. But there arent many people complaining about it so im wondering if maybe its not for everyone? Or perhaps people in general just have more tolerance.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't even launch the game, fatal UE-4 error every single time, doesn't even get to the menu.

Why did I actually believe this game would release in a playable state? Have I literally learned nothing?

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Tried it for a few minutes, yeah no thanks.

Audio mix bug is terrible, unlocked framerate feels awful, I'm running at 140 FPS but it's not smooth at all, even on a GSYNC monitor, also getting some serious ghosting due to the bad TAA from back in the day I guess?

Can't play it like this, will wait I guess. Good thing I was able to test it first with game pass.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand the multiplayer, is it just a random set of rules everygame? I thought Halo used to be a bit like an arena shooter, run around, pick up weapons, shoot bang. Been in too many "this gun only" games, its dull.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Reach but my vague memory is that they really centered the MP around the usage of the DMR. I'd say wait for the other Halo titles as they're more along the lines of what you want.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of a way to prevent Windows desktop scaling from freaking out when I downsample from 4K to 1080p and then close out the game? All the other programs I've got running are scaled weirdly after exiting the game, including stuff like the pop-up background app menu in the taskbar. The only thing I found that resets it properly is to go into Windows' scale settings, turn it up to 125% and then drop it back down to 100%. Though some stuff needs a to be fully closed out and restarted for it to scale right again.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like my CPU may be causing the brief hitches/stuttering that I've come across. When in-game, I'm seeing MCC hitting around 60% CPU usage alone, while my GPU is only at around 10-15% usage.

On an i5-3570K. Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Slayer 8v8 drops frames like no tomorrow when there's more than 3 vehicles on screen even on classic graphic mode....makes no sense

Also wish voice chat didin't decide that hey ya know what im only gonna work for this one round then the rest of the game you can't use voice chat.

AND LAST ....you can't truly quit the game without quitting steam . You're just stuck with the X-STOP instead of it actually stopping no matter how many times you click that button.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Tried it for a few minutes, yeah no thanks.

Audio mix bug is terrible, unlocked framerate feels awful, I'm running at 140 FPS but it's not smooth at all, even on a GSYNC monitor, also getting some serious ghosting due to the bad TAA from back in the day I guess?

Can't play it like this, will wait I guess. Good thing I was able to test it first with game pass.
There is no TAA - you are just seeing your Monitor frame double or triple ghost the messed up Animations past 60 fps. When 120 or 144hz Monitors shoe frame Rates delow the refresh, it causes Image ghosting.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask but my brother is trying to launch it I'm 4K on his PC that's a 4K monitor and it keeps defaulting to launching as windowed.

Even when he sets it to fullscreen and 3840x2160p, it always defaults to 3840x1620p looks weird. Only way he can keep it at native 3840x2160p is if he uses borderless after getting into the game.

Anyone on PC experience similar?

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been encountering a weird thing where my game hangs for a few frame when I swap weapons in MP. Anyone else had this?